3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you have to do is look at his passing chart in my sig. See that HUGE void in part of the field.

Ahhhh same thinf you see after every Sunday this year.

We beat case keenum. Knock it off hater.

There can be no criticism.

Would Dilfer and the Ravens let Keenum March up and down the field ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Serious question. Didn't Trent Dilfer win a Super Bowl with almost the same model?

He did, and iirc Dilfer was tossed off that team a year later. They weren't counting on Dilfer to be the long term solution at QB, like the Bills are grooming Tyrod.

He did, and iirc Dilfer was tossed off that team a year later. They weren't counting on Dilfer to be the long term solution at QB, like the Bills are grooming Tyrod.

See and I don't disagree. I think the Bills should always be looking for the next "franchise QB". I think if a team isn't then they're run by fools. I agree 16 yards in a half isn't good enough and he needs to get better. Can he? It's tough to say for sure, I'd like him to. Personally, I don't get as down on his performance if we're winning. I get that other people do, but I'm happy when we win games.

See and I don't disagree. I think the Bills should always be looking for the next "franchise QB". I think if a team isn't then they're run by fools. I agree 16 yards in a half isn't good enough and he needs to get better. Can he? It's tough to say for sure, I'd like him to. Personally, I don't get as down on his performance if we're winning. I get that other people do, but I'm happy when we win games.

Being happy with a win and critical of a garbage performance by the QB are not mutually exclusive.

I've yet to see a realistic suggestion for a solution for both this year - and moving forward. Drafting someone in the first round not to play them - doesn't seem like it helps us when we clearly need help at WR, and probably corner.

EJ walks, and Cardale moves into the #2 most likely. But I've honestly not seen him practice and prepare day to day, so i have no idea what he looks like. But assuming we finish near at or near a wild-card i would expect nothing to change going into next year.

The dead money in 2017 and 2018 isn't bad - so we aren't bound to the guy at all really. If a better opportunity were to present itself - someone we like falls in the draft or something... then we can have the conversation at that point. But for the forseeable future - he's our dude.

Also - I thought TT played well all 3 of the last weeks. Week 3 he had a bunch of rushing yards. Week 4 we took care of business and didn't turn the ball over to a NE defense that feasts off turnovers. And Week 5 we had some drops that would've resulted in both first downs, and a bunch of extra yards.

Edited by dneveu

Some thoughts. It's very hard to know the true TT because we went on a 3 game winning streak as soon as the OC was fired. Hard to make any conclusions with that in the data. However just some general notes

He/we have Improved at Turnovers, Red Zone TD %, sacks, QBR.

He/we have slightly regressed at completion %, 3rd down %, Passing Yards, Yards per.

Considering we have a very weak WR core, and considering that those first two stats (TO, RZ%) are more correlated with success, I am happy with TT. I am slightly concerned with the 3rd down % but I think its related to the WR at the moment (drops and not getting as open). He has definitely missed some opportunities which is slightly concerning. Yards really need not be mentioned with TT. Its opportunities missed (3rd % mostly). Lastly he is soooo cheap this year, but if he continues this trend I pick up the option. I will continue to measure Tyrod by Turnovers, RD %, 3rd %. So far he's 2 for 3.

Some thoughts. It's very hard to know the true TT because we went on a 3 game winning streak as soon as the OC was fired. Hard to make any conclusions with that in the data. However just some general notes

He/we have Improved at Turnovers, Red Zone TD %, sacks, QBR.

He/we have slightly regressed at completion %, 3rd down %, Passing Yards, Yards per.

Considering we have a very weak WR core, and considering that those first two stats (TO, RZ%) are more correlated with success, I am happy with TT. I am slightly concerned with the 3rd down % but I think its related to the WR at the moment (drops and not getting as open). He has definitely missed some opportunities which is slightly concerning. Yards really need not be mentioned with TT. Its opportunities missed (3rd % mostly). Lastly he is soooo cheap this year, but if he continues this trend I pick up the option. I will continue to measure Tyrod by Turnovers, RD %, 3rd %. So far he's 2 for 3.

Here is my issue is i think we have seen the best TT is. And that is a gameamager before start of season it was all Roman saying need to see more out of Tyrod etc etc, and well he wasnt good. So once Roman was fired and Lynn came in and went with the simplified one read offense etc Tyrod became Serviceable.

We will see alot once he actually has to win a game throwing the Ball. That will come soon enough.

that is what I am trying to say but its just not sinking in

You have like 5 legit franchise QBs in the league

then you have NFL starting QBs

then you have QBs that have no business being NFL starting QBs

Finding the guy in the top 5 is nearly impossible....teams tank and use top overall picks and STILL dont get them

but hey....lets bash the QB that actually fits the system....does what the bills ask him to do.....and that they are winning with.

Dont worry...im sure that top 5 qb is just around the corner

There is also the tendency of thinking every QB is better than what you have because most people only see highlights of games.

Here is my issue is i think we have seen the best TT is. And that is a gameamager before start of season it was all Roman saying need to see more out of Tyrod etc etc, and well he wasnt good. So once Roman was fired and Lynn came in and went with the simplified one read offense etc Tyrod became Serviceable.

We will see alot once he actually has to win a game throwing the Ball. That will come soon enough.

I can understand your take, but as I mentioned above. If he continues with an improved RD% and keeps the TO's low, I will be content with his performance. I would like to see his 3rd % a bit higher but that stat for our last 3 games is right in line with last year. We have started games the last two games out very well in on 3rd down but faltered in the second half. I can understand some of the concern because of the poor 3rd % in the 2nd half, but as I said those other two stats together are more important in my opinion. If he regresses in one of these (RD% and TO) while still struggling at 3rd%, then we can talk again. I don't think people understand how difficult game managers are to find. Alex Smith's cap hit is right where TT's would be next year (assuming I understand the contract right).

A good defense and special teams is sustainable.

A good offense of line that creates lanes for the running game is sustainable.

A quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over and can make huge plays as sustainable.

He has a winning record as a starter and is 26 touchdowns to 10 interceptions.

If he was six foot four and stood statuesque in the pocket, would we give a crap about his numbers if you had a winning record and was 26/10 in 19 games.

I can understand your take, but as I mentioned above. If he continues with an improved RD% and keeps the TO's low, I will be content with his performance. I would like to see his 3rd % a bit higher but that stat for our last 3 games is right in line with last year. We have started games the last two games out very well in on 3rd down but faltered in the second half. I can understand some of the concern because of the poor 3rd % in the 2nd half, but as I said those other two stats together are more important in my opinion. If he regresses in one of these (RD% and TO) while still struggling at 3rd%, then we can talk again. I don't think people understand how difficult game managers are to find. Alex Smith's cap hit is right where TT's would be next year (assuming I understand the contract right).

I get that all but I want a Championship quality QB, not a game manager

Or maybe they have legit WRs.

Top end QBs make everyone else around them better. Not the other way around

A good defense and special teams is sustainable.

A good offense of line that creates lanes for the running game is sustainable.

A quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over and can make huge plays as sustainable.

He has a winning record as a starter and is 26 touchdowns to 10 interceptions.

If he was six foot four and stood statuesque in the pocket, would we give a crap about his numbers if you had a winning record and was 26/10 in 19 games.

Incorrect because the history of thr NFL has shown it is not sustainable

Being happy with a win and critical of a garbage performance by the QB are not mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying that they are, my point with that was I choose to be happier with the win than be critical (or overly for some) of the play of a QB or a certain position, That's all I meant.

Stop it!

Any of Tyrod's throwing deficiencies almost exclusively begin and end with his own right arm.

Robert Woods and his crew can't throw the damned ball to themselves!

I would not confuse Goodwin, Powell & Woods with the 3 Amigos.

I get that all but I want a Championship quality QB, not a game manager

I get that. I would classify Championship quality as low TO, high RZ%, and high 3rd%. He's checking two of three. The yards and other stats are system based in my opinion. If he can get the team to top 10 3rd% while keeping TO top 5 and RZ% top 10 we will win a LOT of games (probably at least one in the playoffs but we WILL be in the playoffs).