ESPN Report - McCoy Injures Hand - QUESTIONABLE

BBills14

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said.........a lot of people aren't going to like to hear it........but the Bills are leaving points and production on the field in their running game.

MG deserves carries at Shady's expense.

The last two weeks it hasn't really mattered because the scores weren't close but there are games ahead where you want more impact from your running game.

Lynn knows this.

As I said.........a lot of people aren't going to like to hear it........but the Bills are leaving points and production on the field in their running game.

The last two weeks it hasn't really mattered because the scores weren't close but there are games ahead where you want more impact from your running game.

Lynn knows this.

I agree with this. We do need a more balanced running game. I think one of the aspects of Karlos style that worked so well was that it was very different than Shady's-- Big, strong downhill running versus Shady's quick cuts made us that much more dynamic, and that much more complicated to defend vs the run.

I don't think MG has as complimentary a style as KW did, but I do think he is our second best RB. I also think his increased touches would benefit Shady (as opposed to being "at his expense).

Edited by Rocky Landing

Lynn knows this.

You're funny.

Lynn knows this.

There will be games where the Bills need more impact from the ground game because the passing game will likely be an issue the rest of this season. That said, I don't believe MG is the back to get carries at the expense of McCoy. He may get the carries when the Bills would go to Karlos- when they needed that physical downhill runner to close out games. Unfortunately , MG is no Karlos Williams of 2015. I'm sure Lynn knows this. Perhaps KW has gotten himself into shape and can be back in a Bills uni soon. If he can be in 2015 form, that's what the Bills ground game could use most going forward. MaybeJonathan Williams can be a reasonable facsimile . I'm pretty sure MG cannot. He's ok to give McCoy an occasional breather, he's not going to punish anyone or wear them down or break through for big TDs. He hasn't shown it yet, that's for sure.

I agree with this. We do need a more balanced running game. I think one of the aspects of Karlos style that worked so well was that it was very different than Shady's-- Big, strong downhill running versus Shady's quick cuts made us that much more dynamic, and that much more complicated to defend vs the run.

I don't think MG has as complimentary a style as KW did, but I do think he is our second best RB. I also think his increased touches would benefit Shady (as opposed to being "at his expense).

MG style is in between the two.........but he is much more physical than McCoy and 20# heavier and more comfortable running between the tackles.

I was optimistic about McCoy saying the right things and looking like a different RB this preseason and yeah he made some bad decision in the first two games but I think he might have lost the explosiveness to finish contested, longer runs and that is making his numbers look pedestrian.

Yeah, faster defenses have taken away a lot of what scatbacks used to be able to do and that naturally devalues McCoy but this OL is blocking it up at an elite level in the run game, he's gotta' get thru and make more happen at the next level.

I don't know if losing the muscle to keep the lateral quickness has lead to a sacrifice in explosiveness but he just can't seem to make those plays.

I was a critic of the move from the start but even I am astonished that the guy hasn't had a single 150 yard rushing game in 16 starts........heck he hasn't even had 120 yet.

I'd compare MG to CJ Anderson........nothing special but a guy whose play rises with that of the OL.

McCoy is more of a freelancer and he will give you about the same production whether you block it up well or not.

The proof is in the production.......MG and Karlos have averaged more than a full yard per carry more than McCoy and scored more than twice as many rushing TD's TOTAL behind the same OL.....and contrary to the notion that the running game went to hell when McCoy was out......the overall numbers from those two were about the same when McCoy was not available as they were when they were just rotating with him.

The questionable designation is such a joke now, 50/50 to play....the player already said he is playing. #bringbackprobable

Does it generate more headlines having more players questionable? Maybe it makes more fans tune into the pregame for betting and fantasy investments? Great game but the people who steer this ship are dipshits.

Me think the run is harder because the other teams are defending the run first to make TT throw and keeping him in the pocket. We seem to run more sweeps than normal and they havn't been that successful. OC will work that out as he seems to have a handle on the "O" more each week. Time will tell. Shady gets a little too much money if you ask me for what he produces. Work him harder. He seems to not pick the correct hole on the sweeps. Karlos was at five guys---twice! The same morning!

MG style is in between the two.........but he is much more physical than McCoy and 20# heavier and more comfortable running between the tackles.

I was optimistic about McCoy saying the right things and looking like a different RB this preseason and yeah he made some bad decision in the first two games but I think he might have lost the explosiveness to finish contested, longer runs and that is making his numbers look pedestrian.

Yeah, faster defenses have taken away a lot of what scatbacks used to be able to do and that naturally devalues McCoy but this OL is blocking it up at an elite level in the run game, he's gotta' get thru and make more happen at the next level.

I don't know if losing the muscle to keep the lateral quickness has lead to a sacrifice in explosiveness but he just can't seem to make those plays.

I was a critic of the move from the start but even I am astonished that the guy hasn't had a single 150 yard rushing game in 16 starts........heck he hasn't even had 120 yet.

I'd compare MG to CJ Anderson........nothing special but a guy whose play rises with that of the OL.

McCoy is more of a freelancer and he will give you about the same production whether you block it up well or not.

The proof is in the production.......MG and Karlos have averaged more than a full yard per carry more than McCoy and scored more than twice as many rushing TD's TOTAL behind the same OL.....and contrary to the notion that the running game went to hell when McCoy was out......the overall numbers from those two were about the same when McCoy was not available as they were when they were just rotating with him.

crusader-knight.gif

Whether people like to hear it or not......MG deserves more touches so maybe this isn't all bad.

McCoy has been under 4 yards per rush in 3 of his 4 games........that isn't good enough.......no excuses, he's getting his touches and this OL isn't that bad.

in he first half against the Cards he avg 10.9

Edited by 3rdand12

in he first half against the Cards he avg 10.9

BADOL doesn't watch the games. He just reads stat lines. This has been clear since his initial arguments against McCoy last year. He also likes to think he's psychic and can read people's minds. He can't do that either. All he can do is rail against a player he clearly has an irrational bias against and lash out at the "haters".

Let's hope McCoy goes for 125 today. :beer:

deflate-gate-patriots-colts-memes-11.jpg

the pic of the little sweetheart was perfect.

This one is Killer. damn if he dont look every bit the psycho freekshow

Lynn knows this.

Then in Lynn we should trust. we aint bringing Karlos back. he's fried to a crisp in more ways than one

BADOL doesn't watch the games. He just reads stat lines. This has been clear since his initial arguments against McCoy last year. He also likes to think he's psychic and can read people's minds. He can't do that either. All he can do is rail against a player he clearly has an irrational bias against and lash out at the "haters".

I don't care who or how we get the yards as long as we win.

But to discount Shady is a fools errand.

Lynns knows that

Literal lol.

And Shady did that just for you!! :beer:

Lynn knows this.

Dude . Keep shining the light . Don Quixote would be proud