Bills-Patriots All-22 Reviews (post 'em if you got 'em)

YardsPerPass putting up a lot of content.

My favorite note so far:

Amazingly... that's it for the 1H already. Pats only ran 17 non-punt plays in the 1st half

Our corners were fantastic:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/783097598769070080

Pats did not throw a pass on 3rd down until the 3rdQ w/ 12:47 left. And even then it was a one of those long handoff swing passes

My own personal review last night showed me total domination in the trenches by the Bills and more routes than ever that resulted in getting Clay open (even when the ball didn't go to him). The thing that also came across was how well the Bills corners covered the Patriots wide outs all day. Those rub plays don't hurt when the Quarterback is holding the ball for 3 seconds or longer.

And you can see the Pats' receivers initiating contact past five yards on that play, too. They just do not play within the rules and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Absolutely.

It's the same principle that Seattle uses on defense: they aren't going to throw the flag every play, so keep doing it; the benefit derived from the majority of the time that they don't call it far outweighs the detriment when they do.

My own personal review last night showed me total domination in the trenches by the Bills and more routes than ever that resulted in getting Clay open (even when the ball didn't go to him). The thing that also came across was how well the Bills corners covered the Patriots wide outs all day. Those rub plays don't hurt when the Quarterback is holding the ball for 3 seconds or longer.

Yep...our corners played like they knew they couldn't be beaten by the QB.

It made an enormous difference in the game.

As I said after the game the Bills punched them right in the mouth repeatedly on both sides of the ball and by the 4th quarter the Pats looked like they just wanted to go home...don't think I've ever seen that from them before.

Basically they got their ass whooped physically.

As I said after the game the Bills punched them right in the mouth repeatedly on both sides of the ball and by the 4th quarter the Pats looked like they just wanted to go home...don't think I've ever seen that from them before.

Basically they got their ass whooped physically.

Just one example :beer:

@YardsPerPass

Pancake 2714.png Fist pump 2714.png

PreciousQuickBoutu.gif

They replayed this one during the game. Hughes somply stuck his arm out and clotheslined him. Completely legal, but nasty.

Clotheslined him across the chest. First time I've ever seen that. It was hilarious. Hughes is having an All-Pro year thus far.

When they cut Felton, I thought either Baby Gronk was a beast among boys, or Felton failed to show up....after seeing him the last couple weeks, maybe what he really needed was a wake-up call. To realize playing the NFL is *never* guaranteed and to put some passion back in his play....

When they cut Felton, I thought either Baby Gronk was a beast among boys, or Felton failed to show up....after seeing him the last couple weeks, maybe what he really needed was a wake-up call. To realize playing the NFL is *never* guaranteed and to put some passion back in his play....

Maybe that's it, but he is clearly playing better than he did at any time last year. I am not sure if it is a function of the scheme using him more, or renewed enthusiasm on his part, or both but he has been clocking people the past couple of weeks.

And you can see the Pats' receivers initiating contact past five yards on that play, too. They just do not play within the rules and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Agreed. I was shocked they were called on it the first play. They may not have been if Hogan had not so obviously held.

Greg Bedard is breaking down the game on a local Boston station. He gave Rex a ton of credit, saying that some of the play calls were so good he could have believed the Bills had the Patriots game plan. Said he thinks they may have say Jimmy G. to preserve his trade value because at 75% Rex would have totally exposed him and that would have been the last teams get to see of him with Brady's return.

Also gave credit to Woods for making Ryan look so pedestrian, saying he exposed his lack of technique. Flipping his hips, no hand placement on inside releases etc. Gave a little credit to TT saying that his mobility affects the way BB plays more zone than man vs. the Bills. Lastly, gave the oline major props for "man handling" the Patsies upfront and used some other terms I can remember offhand.

Also for Patriot deflategate follow up the Pats lead the league with 9 offensive fumbles this season. Hmmm

Edited by Commonsense

Maybe that's it, but he is clearly playing better than he did at any time last year. I am not sure if it is a function of using him more, or renewed enthusiasm on his part, or both but he has been clocking people the past couple of weeks.

It probably also has something to do with blocking schemes/assignments in the plays called by Lynn vs. the plays called by Roman.

Also for Patriot deflategate follow up the Pats lead the league with 9 offensive fumbles this season. Hmmm

Awesome!

Maybe that's it, but he is clearly playing better than he did at any time last year. I am not sure if it is a function of the scheme using him more, or renewed enthusiasm on his part, or both but he has been clocking people the past couple of weeks.

Agreed. I was shocked they were called on it the first play. They may not have been if Hogan had not so obviously held.

He got called for both PI and holding on the same play, a rare double! Lmao, especially against the Pats at home.

Wonder if Brady was the QB if that gets called.

It probably also has something to do with blocking schemes/assignments in the plays called by Lynn vs. the plays called by Roman.

Awesome!

I'm thinking it has a lot to do with Lynn simplifying things. Instead of having 5 different options depending on what the defense is doing and making them think about things, Lynn says, just go block this dude on that play...no thinking involved, players can just carry out their assignment.

In almost all cases, executing at a high level will ALWAYS be more effective than trying to "Out Scheme" a team.

Edited by matter2003

Watching the Officiating was new to me. I kept waiting for the drive killing BS call.

They really let them play and it honestly was pleasure to watch by the second half.

Indeed, Felton was great , but many Bills were just killing assignments. Looked like they were having fun!