How About Some Love for Rex?

Chilly

He'll impress me by staying focused for the next 3 games. Putting a string of wins together would be impressive. If we lose the next game due to coaching decisions, bad prep, etc. then he is who we thought he was.

this. And... Are we really supposed to be that bad impressed with him beating a team with their 3rd string rookie QB with a bum hand?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this. And... Are we really supposed to be that bad impressed with him beating a team with their 3rd string rookie QB with a bum hand?

Mr. Ags - how did you like Gilmore when he got in front of Blount and took that hit like a man??

Against all odds, Rex just out coached the two best coaches in the NFL, Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick.

We're back to 2-2. It may not last, but it feels damn good, and we should give credit where credit's due. We need to win the next three games, and we'll need just as good of performances as this week, but that was a great job today!

rex-ryan-bills-15yrs.jpg

Can we please, for all that's holy, stop with the immediate love for anyone on this team? Let them accomplish what they are paid to do first. Enjoy the win, but let's keep things in focus until they actually go somewhere other than .500 at the end of the season. I have no more love for Rex at 10-10 than I did at 8-8.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Rex, Meh!

He finally did some of his job. If you really watched today, Brady would have made a lot of those throws that Brisset missed and he would have spread the field with Gronk and Bennett. Not to mention Edelman and Hogan. This opens up the running game for Blount and that is going to be harder to stop.

I'm very happy we won, but we still have to keep improving.

I give Rex kudos for not folding up. Firing Roman and opening up TT has been a big plus. The defense should only get better and special teams have been solid. We need to keep attacking offenses. Rex needs to stay humble and get the players ready to play up to expectations.

At least the season is not over in October and I can enjoy the next four weeks of football, especially next week when I sit in the crowd at the Coliseum in LA wearing my Bills gear!

Of course Brady is better than Brissett and would have been much better lol, but Brissett is still an NFL player and there are plenty of backup QBS that have done well this year including Brissett against Houston. To shut out any team is an accomplish especially against a coaching staff with Belichick and Mcdaniels

I thought Rex did an awful job last year. We were off to an awful start this year but I still didn't want him fired. And I'm not ready to anoint him as a savior yet either.

It was the Pats and their 3rd string qb & a Cards teams that looks like crap. That said, he deserves credit for getting his team ready to play and play hard.

Rex seems like a guy who enjoys Ws too much and might not have the team ready for the next game. These next few games will be the real test since they are very winnable.

But good for Rex.

It was great to beat the Patriots in New England and shut them out.

I can recall the talk around here while the Pats were blanking the Texans on Thurs night that anyone's grandma could play QB and the Pats would still win. Still, I can't help but think that their rookie QB Jacoby Brissett was still injured and this sorta felt like the win at the end of the 2014 season because Brady didn't play.

Anyway, like others have said it's only two games and the Bills are at .500, 2-2. Let's see where the team is at the bye week before we crown Rex with anything.

Don't blink because the LA Rams are 3-1. Both the Dolphins and 49ers are 1-3. Then the Patriots are 3-1 as are the Seahawks. 4-5 maybe?

Against all odds, Rex just out coached the two best coaches in the NFL, Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick.

We're back to 2-2. It may not last, but it feels damn good, and we should give credit where credit's due. We need to win the next three games, and we'll need just as good of performances as this week, but that was a great job today!

The question has never been "can Rex put it together and coach the team to a crisp efficient firing-on-all-cylnders performance?". He can.

The question is, "can he do it consistently, week after week?"

So far, what I've seen from Rex is he's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of NFL coaches - streaky as all get out. When he's good, he's very very good, and when he's bad, he's awful.

Mr. Ags - how did you like Gilmore when he got in front of Blount and took that hit like a man??

i did not watch every play of the game. I was busy with other things. I watched most of the first half and none of the 2nd half other than the first 2 drives. But I was listening while I was busy.

The guy that beat the Texans 27-0 ?

how sure are you that the Texans are good?

i did not watch every play of the game. I was busy with other things. I watched most of the first half and none of the 2nd half other than the first 2 drives. But I was listening while I was busy.

Well, I was being sarcastic. He saw Blount coming at him and pretty much ducked out of the way and went into the fetal position.

I am not in at all. He turns the D over to Thurman, and they perform. They get an OC that can get plays in timely, and the O performs. In other words, Rex gets the H311 out of the way and the team performs. I maintain that RR is an unmitigated arrogant blowhard who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and the sooner he is gone the better this team will be!!!

Go Bills!!!!

Damn him for recognizing that he needed to do that! I wish he could get out of his own way and give playcalling over to his coordinators!

You do realize that this is what a good HC does right?

You guys are right....Good HC's really do nothing but get out of the way...they are figure heads not real leaders. In that case, we have the master of masters of HC's!!!!!

Can we please, for all that's holy, stop with the immediate love for anyone on this team? Let them accomplish what they are paid to do first. Enjoy the win, but let's keep things in focus until they actually go somewhere other than .500 at the end of the season. I have no more love for Rex at 10-10 than I did at 8-8.

this

What about what Kraft said is inaccurate?

It was a Bush League move.

You're so right. How dare the Bills players get upset at the Patriots players for running through their drills. Why didn't they stop and let them walk through like the guys in prison did for Avon?

Here's what Blanton had to say about it, the guy who pushed Brissett.

"We were out there doing our normal game routine, warming up as DBs, and a couple of Patriots guys ran through our DBs drills. I told him, 'Hey, don't run through our DB drills. Can you run on the sideline? It's disrespectful and you can get somebody hurt,' because DBs were backpedaling and stuff. And they decided to run through our DB drill again." (link)

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/10/02/bills-patriots-said-pregame-fight/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=puma#link_time=1475491945

So he asked them to not run through their drills and they did it a second time anyway. Is Blanton really the disrespectful one here? If they hadn't done anything about it and something came out, I'd bet any amount of money people would be talking about how weak the team is and how they don't stand up for themselves.

The Patriot players were the disrespectful ones here, it's pretty obvious. Blanton maybe didn't need to push him and start the scuffle, but it wouldn't have happened if the patriot players weren't being !@#$s themselves.

Edited by elroy16

We've all seen this team win two in a row over this near two-decade stretch of futility. Let's see them win 5 or 6 in a row, then maybe we can start feeling high and mighty.

this. The next 3 weeks are huge. Really huge.