Week 5: Rams' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said even though it was victory Monday for the Bills every player came into the facility today.

@cover1eturner

LA's QB Case Keenum has had 10.7% of his passes dropped (13) this season. #Billsfanatics #Cover1

@SalSports

Rex Ryan at the podium: "I expect (Marcell) to play (this week). What capacity, I'm not sure."

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said even though it was victory Monday for the Bills every player came into the facility today.

@cover1eturner

LA's QB Case Keenum has had 10.7% of his passes dropped (13) this season. #Billsfanatics #Cover1

@SalSports

Rex Ryan at the podium: "I expect (Marcell) to play (this week). What capacity, I'm not sure."

Every player into the facility on a victory Monday, has that been a common occurrence in BLO recently? I like it, I like it!

They are at home, and the standard is home teams get an automatic 3 point advantage...so on a neutral field, Bills would be favored by 0.5 points, but essentially its a Pick-Em game

Their QB and WRs scare nobody...you can bet Gurley will be facing a stacked box and our run D has been mostly excellent this year

Keenum does not have an NFL caliber arm. I think he is weaker than Fitz...

Now, Fitz picked us apart a couple weeks ago, but I don't see the Rams using a spread offense. They don't have all those receiving weapons either. Stack the box and see what Gillmore/Darby and Co. can do on the back end.

Jeff Fisher fires back at Bruce Arians two years after 'always 8-8' comment

After a big win in Arizona on Sunday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher finally had a chance to get the last word on Cardinals coach Bruce Arians.

That's kinda funny, because last I checked, Fisher still has 12 more opportunities to get back to 8-8 or 7-9.

I don't think 'home field advantage' means the crowd. To me it is more so about an east to west trip for the Bills being tough.

I think less is more for TT when it comes to the passing attack. TT seemed more comfortable Sunday. R. Woods, Clay and McCoy seemed just the right amount of options.

TT seemed to try and force it some to Powell. O'leary had a nice grab. I just wish Clay was making those catches, he would do more with it after the catch.

I don't think 'home field advantage' means the crowd. To me it is more so about an east to west trip for the Bills being tough.

I think less is more for TT when it comes to the passing attack. TT seemed more comfortable Sunday. R. Woods, Clay and McCoy seemed just the right amount of options.

TT seemed to try and force it some to Powell. O'leary had a nice grab. I just wish Clay was making those catches, he would do more with it after the catch.

West to East is much tougher on body clock / rhythms than East to West. A one o'clock Pacific time game for east coaster fells like 4pm. Not a big deal and not like playing before your athletic peak at what feels like 10am on East Coast for a California team

Jeff Fisher Press Conference - 10/3 (12:28)
Head coach Jeff Fisher talks about his history with the Ryan family and the Buffalo Bills.

Monday Wrap-Up: Coming Home to Face the Bills
The Rams played only one home game in the first four weeks of the season and are looking forward to taking on the Bills at the Coliseum.

2016 NFL on CBS Announcers & Distribution: Week 5

BUF.pngLA.png

Distribution:
KCBS – Los Angeles, CA
KPSP – Palm Springs, CA
WBNG - Binghamton, NY
WIVB - Buffalo, NY
WWNY - Carthage, NY
WENY - Elmira, NY
WROC - Rochester, NY
WTVH - Syracuse, NY

CBS Broadcast Team
Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan
Color Analyst: Rich Gannon

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Rams got smoked by Chip Kelly's Niners 0-28

Beat Seattle at home which was no easy task. 9-3

Won in Tampa 37-32 which was a West to East type of thing

Won at Arizona which was a huge game for them 17-13

What's funny is the Cards shut down Gurley 19 attempts for 33 yards and Case Keenum beat them with his arm. The Cards turned the ball over 5 times too.

@ 3-1 they no longer look like the scrubs we thought they were. Although they are currently 31st in the NFL in offensive yards and 25th in defensive yards allowed.

This game looks very winnable if the Bills can get their run game working early.

Edited by Nihilarian

I'll go ahead and say it -- all of the good feelings from the past two weeks mean nothing if Buffalo loses on Sunday. I know the Bills are underdogs, but can anyone make a legitimate argument that the Rams are the better team from a talent and/or coaching standpoint? Yes, they are 3-1 but those have been some ugly Ws. Their defense -- particularly the D line -- is good, but they are not appreciably better, statistically, than the Bills. The real difference between these two teams is their offenses -- LA's has been putrid, while the Bills have improved to middle of the pack if you look at the "expected points contributed" statistic.

I think the Rams are feeling a little too good about themselves while the Bills are still mad at themselves for weeks one and two. I've listened to numerous players talk about not being finished digging out of the hole they created. The team is motivated and focused.

Two more wins against the NFC West (this week and next) to get to 4-2, and then the season really begins.

2016 NFL on CBS Announcers & Distribution: Week 5

BUF.pngLA.png

Distribution:

KCBS – Los Angeles, CA

KPSP – Palm Springs, CA

WBNG - Binghamton, NY

WIVB - Buffalo, NY

WWNY - Carthage, NY

WENY - Elmira, NY

WROC - Rochester, NY

WTVH - Syracuse, NY

CBS Broadcast Team

Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan

Color Analyst: Rich Gannon

Thank God no Spiro!

Hard to ignore Rams Aaron Donald

Buffalo’s next opponent has a beast in the middle of their defense in DL Aaron Donald. The defensive tackle is the leader on a dominant defensive line. In fact he’s been so good through the first quarter of the season that ProFootballFocus has him rated as the best player in the entire league.

Donald had another giant game Sunday in the Rams win over the Arizona Cardinals. On Sunday he had five tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble that led to a turnover. According for PFF he is their highest rated player overall after four games this season.

A few interesting stats on the Rams:

Offense

30th in points/game (Bills are 17th)

32nd in yards/game

32nd in yards/play

32nd in first downs/game

Defense

Rank 9th in the NFL in points/game allowed (Bills are 6th)

Rank 23rd in yards/game allowed

Here's where it gets very interesting...

Although they rank 10th in the league in yards/play allowed, they also rank dead last in first downs/game allowed. This is most likely due to the fact that they rank 26th in 3rd down conversion rate allowed (44%)

Both teams protect the football well, as Buffalo ranks 2nd in the NFL with a +10 TO differential, and the Rams are tied for 4th with a +4 differential.