Gameday Thread Bills @ Pats* 1st Half

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A few question marks for Rex. Declining the penalty for the field goal, and not calling the TO after the Hughes sack. Also, to do a free kick, you need to have 0:00 on the clock with a fair catch. :08 was too much time.

Those decisions will be debated all week, I'm sure. But I don't think the FG call was wrong, 3rd and 15 isn't as attractive to me as 3 points, but I see the other side. I also think that the TOs were managed well at the end of the half -- but I could be wrong there. Had they used a TO after the Hughes' sack NE could have run out the clock because it was only 2nd down with one TO left.

Those decisions will be debated all week, I'm sure. But I don't think the FG call was wrong, 3rd and 15 isn't as attractive to me as 3 points, but I see the other side. I also think that the TOs were managed well at the end of the half -- but I could be wrong there. Had they used a TO after the Hughes' sack NE could have run out the clock because it was only 2nd down with one TO left.

Yes take the points. That was the smart call. And the reflex would have been to take the TO but as you said it wouldn't have mattered.

Don't waste a TO on offense and maybe you get a chance there.

It would have been real interesting to see them go for it on 4th and 1.