Fred Smerlas

YoloinOhio

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we had the same thing. I remember back when the Bills were good, but we had this idiot ex-coach on the air who second-guessed and derided every decision Wade Phillips made.

Just like our media now. Apparently, what the Buffalo market "demands" is the opposite of the Boston market.

I hate that I have to do this at least once a year, but here we go:

I know Fred Smerlas.

Fred bleeds Buffalo Bills. He loves them. He cherishes his memories of his time in Buffalo.

Fred also knows where his bread is buttered.

Fred is a paid media personality who does his job very well in the market he works in. Fred would not be good at what he does if he savaged the Patriots in favor of the Bills, and did not pander to what the New England fan base desires in their media personalities.

I have an associate that is close to Smerlas; he is loyal to Buffalo but as you state, needs to pander to Boston.

Simple Fact: Fred will always be a legendary Bill and will always be a Pats commentator. He talks highly about the team he grew up with and covers because they are 3-0 and lead the AFC East.

Fred insults the Bills, Ralph WIlson and the city every chance he gets, but has no qualms coming to WNY for Bills events where he can get his azz kissed. The guy is dead to me.

I'm sure Pats fans love his act, though nobody tops Zolak. Those of you who don't live in the New England area are very fortunate you're not subjected to Zolak on a regular basis. As for Smerlas, my high school buddies and I and I ran into him back in the early 80's coming out of Denny's in OP. He stopped and shot the breeze with us for a few minutes and seemed like a good guy.

That mass hole accent annoys me.

So does the mass hole ex bill speaking. in no way shape or form does smerlas give a crap about the Bills. never has since he grabbed the last buck on his book.

smerlaas is about the $$$$$ and $$$$$ only. and most importantly is a turncoat. Thanks for blocking that FG though

that got you on the wall jerk.

Edited by Best Player Available

I'm sure Pats fans love his act, though nobody tops Zolak. Those of you who don't live in the New England area are very fortunate you're not subjected to Zolak on a regular basis. As for Smerlas, my high school buddies and I and I ran into him back in the early 80's coming out of Denny's in OP. He stopped and shot the breeze with us for a few minutes and seemed like a good guy.

Zolak is definitely the worst, fortunately I would need to choose to tune into the Sports Hub to hear him which I would never do. Edited by YoloinOhio

Zolak is turrible..

Turrible turrible turrible.

Facts-It is nauseating as a Bills fan to hear a Bills legend ball wash the Pats

It is his job

Over the past 16 seasons, his ball washing has been appropriate. Maybe the best team ever.

Over the past 16 seasons, his ripping the Bills and giving them little chance against the Pats has also been accurate.

Tasker works for national media, Smerlas works for regional media, hence the difference in bias

All this said, I lived in NH from'03-'06 and remember watching NESN before the '03 game and hearing Smerlas laugh at the Bills chances. Literally laughing. I was crushed. The Bills famously won the game 31-0, their last victory against the Pats who went on an 8 season win streak against the Bills, starting with a 31-0 victory to perfectly bookend the Bills season.

Edited by Ramblin' Rob

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise Fred Smerlas?

I really don't have deeply negative feelings about too many people. Fred (or at least the persona he has exhibited since leaving the Bills---I don't know the person, so won't comment on that) is one of the few. A real POS.