Fred Smerlas

YoloinOhio

His interview on WGR about the patriots is nausea-inducing. Anyone else agree?

Hmmmm....the question seems to answer itself at this point.

Sep 27, 2012 - 20 posts - ‎20 authors
Page 2 of 4 - Fred "Two Face" Smerlas - posted in The Stadium Wall Archive: He absolutely was a HOF caliber NT. He was one of the best of ...
Has anyone heard Smerlas on WGR - Page 2 - The Stadium Wall ...
forums.twobillsdrive.com › Archives › The Stadium Wall Archive
Sep 30, 2006 - 20 posts - ‎12 authors
Fred is the biggest Tom Brady sucking Pats are the greatest homer that ever lived . He can't even form words because his lips are so tight on ...
Vote on Fred Smerlas - Page 2 - The Stadium Wall Archive - Buffalo ...
Jun 9, 2008 - 3 posts - ‎3 authors
Page 2 of 2 - Vote on Fred Smerlas - posted in The Stadium Wall Archive: Like I give a crap. The joy I got out of being petty by voting against ...
Anyone hear Smerlas last night? - The Stadium Wall Archive ...
Jan 6, 2006 - 20 posts - ‎14 authors
posted in The Stadium Wall Archive: Last not on his radio segment, Fred Smerlas , between waxing poetics about Tom Brady, and George Bush ...
The Stadium Wall - Buffalo Bills Community - Page 3
forums.twobillsdrive.com › Sports Talk › The Stadium Wall
Fred Smerlas p*sses off Pats* fans. Started by PromoTheRobot , 07 Jun 2016. 3 replies; 800 views. Fred Smerlas p*sses off Pats* fans - last post by C.Biscuit97.
Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that I have to do this at least once a year, but here we go:

I know Fred Smerlas.

Fred bleeds Buffalo Bills. He loves them. He cherishes his memories of his time in Buffalo.

Fred also knows where his bread is buttered.

Fred is a paid media personality who does his job very well in the market he works in. Fred would not be good at what he does if he savaged the Patriots in favor of the Bills, and did not pander to what the New England fan base desires in their media personalities.

It's not just that he's paid.

Fred is from Mass., graduated high school there, and went to Boston College. I'm sure he rooted for the Patriots when he was a teenager. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'm sure Fred would be thrilled if the Bills started having real success again. I know he'd be happy if that happened. But you can be sure he's also pretty damned happy when the Patriots are good, and he's been happy quite a bit in recent years. You can't really blame the guy. He's a New Englander, and there'll never be a time when he's not.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise Fred Smerlas?

I really don't have deeply negative feelings about too many people. Fred (or at least the persona he has exhibited since leaving the Bills---I don't know the person, so won't comment on that) is one of the few. A real POS.

Feel free to be wrong about him.

It is America after all.

Feel free to be wrong about him.

It is America after all.

Like I said, I don't know the guy personally. But he trashed his teammates, the city of Buffalo and the fans, viciously, on the radio when he was in Boston. Then when he's come to WNY he's suck up, as though everything was fine. Even Bryan Cox had more self-respect than that.

Not the real Smerlas? Fine. Then I despise his worthless radio persona---and the very idea he'd adopt a "persona". He isn't an actor in a role.

Smerlas was my favorite player growing up, it was his blocked field goal in the 88 game against the Jets that turned me into a Bills fan. I hate his guts.

I'm glad I missed it, and I applaud your flexibility.

With years comes wisdom (if your lucky).

I think Fred is disappointed in the direction of the Bills, and has been for a long time. But he's hardly alone there.I don't think that means he's a Judas or something. You can't expect him to not be happy when the Pats are successful, based on where he came from.

Like I said, if the Bills were a really good team, I think Fred would be happy about it.

I hate that I have to do this at least once a year, but here we go:

I know Fred Smerlas.

Fred bleeds Buffalo Bills. He loves them. He cherishes his memories of his time in Buffalo.

Fred also knows where his bread is buttered.

Fred is a paid media personality who does his job very well in the market he works in. Fred would not be good at what he does if he savaged the Patriots in favor of the Bills, and did not pander to what the New England fan base desires in their media personalities.He

Believe me, I get it... as a split family between Vermont and New York, many of my cousins are Pats* fans and I am very familiar with the market. They thrive off of obnoxious and loud fans who do nothing but boast or whine. I can understand if Fred has to suck up to those morons, especially if he has business there.