Karlos Williams only has one game left on suspension....

Iraq Vet

I would considered that an understood consequence... Just seems like he's being suspended for work when he doesn't have a job....

Think of it this way. It's not being suspended from the team, it's being suspended from the NFL. So the NFL suspension takes place regardless of whether the guy currently has a job with an NFL team, and the reinstatement into the NFL likewise takes place regardless of whether the guy has a job.

If the player has a job with the team, it's hurting the team when the NFL suspends him, so the team is afforded relief in 1) not having to pay suspended players 2) getting that amount back against their salary cap 3) not having suspensions count against the 53 man roster.

The player doesn't have to pay a fine per se unless that's an addtional punishment, he just doesn't get paid for work he's not doing. So unsigned players (not paid at all) and players on a team (not paid while suspended) are in the same place.

Make sense?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, no one knows if Karlos would have done better than all of those guys with the same or more reps--even at 260 lbs.

It's safe to conclude that he could not have done worse than that trio has after 3 games...

I can assure you that he would worse...since he's suspended for the first 4 games. But Gillislee has only had 3 carries. Why they're not giving him more is anyone's guess.

I can assure you that he would worse...since he's suspended for the first 4 games. But Gillislee has only had 3 carries. Why they're not giving him more is anyone's guess.

its really not much of a guess. Lesean mccoy is only on pace for 250 carries. We have not run enough plays on offense, and arent going to take carries from shady to give them to anyone else when our star back is already coming up short on touches.

its really not much of a guess. Lesean mccoy is only on pace for 250 carries. We have not run enough plays on offense, and arent going to take carries from shady to give them to anyone else when our star back is already coming up short on touches.

I considered that, but you don't necessarily want Shady carrying the ball a lot (and he can be used in the passing game as well) anyway. Giving MG an average of one carry a game isn't a good idea.

It's hardly a guess. To give him more carries means giving McCoy less carries, and that doesn't make any sense at all.

I considered that, but you don't necessarily want Shady carrying the ball a lot (and he can be used in the passing game as well) anyway. Giving MG an average of one carry a game isn't a good idea.

Why not? He's very good.

I often wonder how many players (active and former) read these post and how many of them post unanimously. Some of these insights seem to have real knowledge and some are insane wild guesses.

Like how would someone know that KW was having trouble with the playbook or adjustments? Or about his attitude in the summer. Or his practice habits? I once saw a post about Baby Gronk missing assignments... how would any member of the regular public know that?

I saw post about JWill ribs... it is not on an injury report.

Years ago there was a claim Thurman Thomas was a poster here..... Just wondering... does anyone come out of the closet and admit they play or played for the Bill's?

I guess this could be a whole new post I should have started.

his current pace of carries isnt top 5 in any recent season and isnt even top 10 for some. You dont run Mccoy and Gillislee as a platoon. Mccoy gets fed, and MG gets the leftovers. once the offense gets on track, MG will have more carries with us simply running more plays.

I often wonder how many players (active and former) read these post and how many of them post unanimously. Some of these insights seem to have real knowledge and some are insane wild guesses.

Like how would someone know that KW was having trouble with the playbook or adjustments? Or about his attitude in the summer. Or his practice habits? I once saw a post about Baby Gronk missing assignments... how would any member of the regular public know that?

Years ago there was a claim Thurman Thomas was a poster here..... Just wondering... does anyone come out of the closet and admit they play or played for the Bill's?

In my experience on TBD, I have seen amazing extrapolations from the most basic of source texts. Some posters here are looking for insights which simply are not there and then narratives are born.

Hypothetical example: Astro reports that "Karlos and Taylor weren't on the same page in camp today". Some wingnut poster decides that this means Karlos is struggling with the play book.

I've seen this type of thing too many times to count.

Well, to be fair, no one knows if Karlos would have done better than all of those guys with the same or more reps--even at 260 lbs.

It's safe to conclude that he could not have done worse than that trio has after 3 games...

Hard to do worse than Bush and Williams. I do think coming from behind pre-season he would be in a genuine fight with TD Mike for the #2 job though. MG is productive when they call his number. Count me in the gang that would prefer him to get more touches.

It's hardly a guess. To give him more carries means giving McCoy less carries, and that doesn't make any sense at all.

Why not? He's very good.

his current pace of carries isnt top 5 in any recent season and isnt even top 10 for some. You dont run Mccoy and Gillislee as a platoon. Mccoy gets fed, and MG gets the leftovers. once the offense gets on track, MG will have more carries with us simply running more plays.

Again, MG is getting an average of 1 carry a game. The topic was Karlos' production (if he weren't suspended) versus the other guys. So are we to assume that they'd run Karlos just once a game as well?

Not good series of Tweets when you are suspended and obviously have weight problems in offseason.

Karlos Williams Sr @Karlos_29_SR Sep 24

Bout to eat alone and eat good

Full and sleepy

Nothing like good food, a good shower and now a good bed. On top a great movie #tarzan

Not good series of Tweets when you are suspended and obviously have weight problems in offseason.

Bout to eat alone and eat good

Full and sleepy

Nothing like good food, a good shower and now a good bed. On top a great movie #tarzan

He's like a more eloquent Eddie Lacy. #ChinaFood

Again, MG is getting an average of 1 carry a game. The topic was Karlos' production (if he weren't suspended) versus the other guys. So are we to assume that they'd run Karlos just once a game as well?

he probably would not get many touches when we only have 11 rushes outside of mccoy/taylor --- so karlos likely wouldnt have seen a ton even in his peak condition. thats the issue with not running a lot of plays.

So the only reason Karlos would not out perform that to is that he would no have been playing due to suspension. Yeah, I agree, that's probably the only way he rushes for fewer yards.

Why would they give "MG" more carries? Wasn't he supposed to be supplanted by Jon Williams?

Edited by Mr. WEO

he probably would not get many touches when we only have 11 rushes outside of mccoy/taylor --- so karlos likely wouldnt have seen a ton even in his peak condition. thats the issue with not running a lot of plays.

Bingo.

One guess as to which team ranks dead last averaging 53 offensive plays per game this season.....

There are sometimes players (active and former) who post here anonymously & sometimes they'll "out" in PM if you ask them nicely and they think you're legit and will keep it under your hat. It usually doesn't last long, the way some people here go over-the-top attacking active players must be hard to swallow for a teammate even if they're not the target. I've occasionally suspected FO people/coaches or their family - just after Marrone left there was someone who several felt high certainty was actually Saint Doug or a family member - again didn't last long.

That said, most of what you describe above, is, I think, speculation based on published bits and pieces or inferences based on what people see on film. There is sometimes "friend of a friend of a friend" info which may or may not be accurate depending on how plugged in the original source may be to the actual decision making - consider that legit members of the media with more access seem to get wrong gouge sometimes.