Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

• Yes, he would instantly boost the passing game
    • No, he's too injury prone and too old (call Life Alert!)

It looks like Dak Prescott is the man in Dallas now. Should the Bills try and trade for Romo in the offseason, even if he only plays for two or three years, or is he too injury prone and too old? If he plays for two to three years, it gives the Bills time to properly groom a QB. Plus, Romo would get a lot of production out of Watkins and Clay as he would instantly upgrade the Bills passing game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we've budgeted for Tyrod's 2017 contract # and we want to trade for an aging QB, I say target Brees. It's pretty clear they are about to be in full rebuild mode.

Brees is the only QB I would trade for. Untill then its Tyrod Time till Cardale develops or we score a "franchise QB" in the draft.

If we've budgeted for Tyrod's 2017 contract # and we want to trade for an aging QB, I say target Brees. It's pretty clear they are about to be in full rebuild mode.

they will be getting $40 million in dead money off the books and in full "last push before the window closes" mode

Bills should continue to draft a QB a year for at least the next two years. The Bills need to stock the position with youth and high ceiling potential. Depending on how this year turns out -- the 17 draft could be a year to draft early (1st or 2nd) (class appears to be deep - could get quality in the early 2nd) and then draft a QB in the in later rounds for 18.

If Tyrod continues to be average or below this season -- renegotiate the deal to reduce and delay the guaranteed money and keep him for next year. He and his agent will be willing to do this if they can collect $8-9 million or so next year after an average or below average year. That's the great thing about the renegotiated Tyrod deal-- the Bills have a lot of leverage. No matter what the Bills do -- Tyrod is good starter plan for next year. If he turns it on the last 13 games -- then guarantee the contract for the next two as the deal allows.

Bringing in a vet like Romo does not make sense -- Bills need to go young and healthy..My opinion is if the Bills are going to suck the next two years (like I think the Bills are......in the range of 3-13 to 6-10) then do it with a solid eye to the future for the most important position.

Edited by JoeF