Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

You know, when I was younger I'd get drunk and rowdy for games. Seeing how some of the fans who are that age that I used to be act really made me feel embarrassed for how I used to behave.

Jesus, some of it was ridiculous.

Same.

(And how ya' been JSP?!)

screw it, you are there to cheer, not sit and lounge

Says who? You? Who died and made you the boss?

Standing the whole game is silly and selfish and disrespectful to other fans who are short, physically can't stand for 3 hours, old, disabled war veterans, or kids, all of which paid the same amount of money as YOU did to WATCH the game (not your back).

What ever happened to common courtesy and respect for fellow fans?

You can yell just as loud sitting (respecting others rights to watch the game) as you can standing.

Edited by reddogblitz

I made the mistake of moving my seats a couple of years ago from the upper deck to the lower bowl. After 2 games, my wife who is 5'3" refused to go to another game because with everyone standing she could not see regardless if she stood as well. Again, she had no issue with standing on defense or in reaction to a big play, it was standing throughout the entire game for no apparent reason. We gave up our seasons this year because of it. She refused to go due to the standing and me finding someone to go to games (due to the standing and general fan behavior) was just too difficult.

I have to believe my wife and I are the kind of customer the team wants to draw, but they certainly don't make it easy. My season ticket rep asked me why we were dropping and when I told her about the standing she rather frustratedly told me its one of the biggest complaint they hear.

I made the mistake of moving my seats a couple of years ago from the upper deck to the lower bowl. After 2 games, my wife who is 5'3" refused to go to another game because with everyone standing she could not see regardless if she stood as well. Again, she had no issue with standing on defense or in reaction to a big play, it was standing throughout the entire game for no apparent reason. We gave up our seasons this year because of it. She refused to go due to the standing and me finding someone to go to games (due to the standing and general fan behavior) was just too difficult.

I have to believe my wife and I are the kind of customer the team wants to draw, but they certainly don't make it easy. My season ticket rep asked me why we were dropping and when I told her about the standing she rather frustratedly told me its one of the biggest complaint they hear.

Interesting

I can certainly understand that...why not move back up top?

I am a many decade season ticket holder. for the last 20 years I have been in Sec 112, behind visitors bench, lower bowl. The crowd has significantly changed.....used to be a sitting crowd...now it stands much of the time. Sunday, we were about 50/50......up for all defensive 3d downs......this section was virtually 100% sitting when I moved there 20 years ago....and now has some games with almost all standing. The crowd is no longer regulars...we used to know those who sat next to us....now, they are all owned by folks who sell the tickets in the secondary market...hence the attendees are mostly one time visitors, and don't have any sort of idea they might be infringing on those who have difficulty standing a lot. I am 71, and likely will have to give up the whole sunday event at New Era. I go for the football, not to drink...although we do eat a lot at our tailgate. But, I have to say....the product on the field is a much bigger problem than the standing up. Really tired of paying for a big league experience that hasn't been in the top half of the big league for 16 years. And, not holding my breath this year again. Fans can complain.....not much will be done. I complained about the water fountains being eliminated. Nothing is done about that either.....they want to sell $5 bottles of water. And, last Sunday...you needed a drink out in the Sun on the north side of the stadium.

Says who? You? Who died and made you the boss?

Standing the whole game is silly and selfish and disrespectful to other fans who are short, physically can't stand for 3 hours, old, disabled war veterans, or kids, all of which paid the same amount of money as YOU did to WATCH the game (not your back).

What ever happened to common courtesy and respect for fellow fans?

You can yell just as loud sitting (respecting others rights to watch the game) as you can standing.

Best fans in the league!!!

:rolleyes:

Games on the road Ive been to they stand all game, its a football game you wanna sit stay at home and plant it on the couch

I've seen the Bills in Oakland, Miami, Jacksonville, KC, Dallas, Indy & Tampa. Never once did I have to stand all game or even 50% of the time.

Edited by LabattBlue

As a fan who has been attending games since 1962 and who spent a lot of times standing in the end zone in the rockpile because the bench seats were so uncomfortable, I believe I know pretty well when to shout, when to shut up, when to stand and when to sit. So here is my plea:

Dear twentysomething- Please, please please stop with the turning your back to the field and exhorting the crowd to make noise by lifting your arms in the air and screaming at them. If you want to be a damn cheerleader, go out for the Jills. I know these knuckleheads get shown on TV occasionally but I can't figure out what in the world you are doing. Often it is accompanied by having to look at the guy shirtless (I provide an exception for women). STOP, JUST STOP.

This is the most "I'm old now get off my lawn" post in this thread

Really? Because I hate that dbag, too. There seems to be one in every section..........You must be the one in your section.

as i mentioned up thread,...that annoys me more than anything as well. Thank goodness the kids were right in front of us for the Jets game...my seatmate looks like he could do some damage to not so big 19 year old. When we kindly suggested they sit down, keep their eyes on the field and not the top of the stadium, and stop waving their arms every play or else we may have some issues....and the whole section around was then joined in...they smartened up !!!

Edited by plenzmd1

Games on the road Ive been to they stand all game, its a football game you wanna sit stay at home and plant it on the couch

Everyone can sit; not everyone can stand.

The game isn't just about you; it's about everyone. The Bills' Fan Code of Conduct is quite clear:

http://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/stadium/code-of-conduct.html

"Excessive standing/behavior detracting from the enjoyment of fellow fans. Spontaneous reactions to plays within the game are expected and encouraged, but your continued standing when most other fans are sitting is not permitted."

It's about respecting other fans; the attitude of "buzz off, stand up or watch the game at home" is the antithesis of respect for the fellow fan IMO.

Edited by thebandit27

Everyone can sit; not everyone can stand.

The game isn't just about you; it's about everyone. The Bills' Fan Code of Conduct is quite clear:

http://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/stadium/code-of-conduct.html

"Excessive standing/behavior detracting from the enjoyment of fellow fans. Spontaneous reactions to plays within the game are expected and encouraged, but your continued standing when most other fans are sitting is not permitted."

It's about respecting other fans; the attitude of "buzz off, stand up or watch the game at home" is the antithesis of respect for the fellow fan IMO.

Bravo, sir!