Communication Concerns at Foxboro

OhDozeBills

I think it's pretty much a given that we will have headset issues at Foxboro. Is anyone as concerned about this as I am now that A Lynn will be calling plays from up top? You have to believe we're smart enough to prepare for this, but it could still play a fActor in the game. I know the NFL controls game communication, but you can't tell me teams (especial the Pats) don't have ways to disrupt radio waves.

Go Bills!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty much a given that we will have headset issues at Foxboro. Is anyone as concerned about this as I am now that A Lynn will be calling plays from up top? You have to believe we're smart enough to prepare for this, but it could still play a fActor in the game. I know the NFL controls game communication, but you can't tell me teams (especial the Pats) don't have ways to disrupt radio waves.

Go Bills!

Seems to happen there regularly. Have to believe they would almost expect it by now.

Go Bills!

Always wit' da negative waves Moriarity, ALWAYS WIT' DA NEGATIVE WAVES! Seriously, I can't wait to see the Bills headsets go down late in the 4th QTR when we're driving for the tie or the win. HAPPENS EVERY !@#$ING TIME WE PLAY AT THE DEATHSTAR!

Go Bills!

Alas, I don't have to believe we're smart enough to prepare for this. Look at how challenge decisions were made until well into last season. But we should be. The propensity of teams to get the Pats radio broadcast in the QB's headset at Foxboro is well known and lo and behold it always stops when the NFL looks into it then starts again.

Ten, maybe twenty years from now, it will all come out the Pats manage to win so many games. Lance Armstrong was Superman until they found out he was doping. The media would rather give Belichick a tongue bath than ask how he manages to defy the odds for going on two decades.

The propensity of teams to get the Pats radio broadcast in the QB's headset at Foxboro is well known and lo and behold it always stops when the NFL looks into it then starts again.

I would consider asking the NFL to have somebody on site to monitor the communications all game long (for both teams) and correlate the outages to what's happening on the field. This has to be documented and deterred with punishment, once and for all.

Ten, maybe twenty years from now, it will all come out the Pats manage to win so many games. Lance Armstrong was Superman until they found out he was doping. The media would rather give Belichick a tongue bath than ask how he manages to defy the odds for going on two decades.

Agree. What's the Pats** home record at Gillette? - it's already approaching statistical impossibility.

When your headsets go down the NFL turns the opponent's headsets off... So if you can't win b.c of a headset issue then you don't deserve to win the game anyway.

the thing is the Pats* know when the headsets will go out and have themselves prepared and game planned for it. They do it vs ALL TEAMS!

Alas, I don't have to believe we're smart enough to prepare for this. Look at how challenge decisions were made until well into last season. But we should be. The propensity of teams to get the Pats radio broadcast in the QB's headset at Foxboro is well known and lo and behold it always stops when the NFL looks into it then starts again.

Sigh, the NFL is in charge of ALL of that equipment. Not the patriots or anyone in the Razor. Every single game it is NFL employees and gear being used.

I would consider asking the NFL to have somebody on site to monitor the communications all game long (for both teams) and correlate the outages to what's happening on the field. This has to be documented and deterred with punishment, once and for all.

Agree. What's the Pats** home record at Gillette? - it's already approaching statistical impossibility.

No the Pats home record is not reaching that level at all. The packers have had it for years, as have the steelers, and so on... Good teams always excel at home.

Sigh, the NFL is in charge of ALL of that equipment. Not the patriots or anyone in the Razor. Every single game it is NFL employees and gear being used.

I guess you've never heard of hacking? I own my own computer, but I'm also aware there are a lot of people out there that have the knowledge to access it and steal info. You're turning a blind eye to the fact that the NFL's equipment can't be altered by an outside source. Also when people say one one communication goes out then the NFL shuts it down for both teams, but by the time that happens the damage is already done.

No the Pats home record is not reaching that level at all. The packers have had it for years, as have the steelers, and so on... Good teams always excel at home.

Aren't they 78-0 at home when leading at half time? That's pretty insane. What's also crazy (and not saying they're cheating here cause not sure how it would be possible) is their ability to win the coin toss. I want to say the win the toss something like 80% of the time which is virtually impossible to do. Just makes you wonder.

Again, the headset thing is nothing new, but I'm much more concerned this time around with having a new coordinator in place who's relying on calling plays from up top. Shut down his headset and he's pretty much useless

Aren't they 78-0 at home when leading at half time? That's pretty insane. What's also crazy (and not saying they're cheating here cause not sure how it would be possible) is their ability to win the coin toss. I want to say the win the toss something like 80% of the time which is virtually impossible to do. Just makes you wonder.Again, the headset thing is nothing new, but I'm much more concerned this time around with having a new coordinator in place who's relying on calling plays from up top. Shut down his headset and he's pretty much useless

That's leading at halftime, not just winning. Their percentage is right in line with other Good/great clubs and let's face it in the past the AFC East was pretty much 4 guaranteed victories in the razor.

If teams don't expect problems with headsets at foxboro then it's their own fault if they're not prepared. Rex has said before the plan for headset issues there. Hell, teams in the NFC say they prepare for headset issues if they play there. The only secret is why the league hasn't stepped up and done something about it.