• Yes - I was leaning 3rd Party but am now leaning Trump
    • No - I was leaning Clinton and still am
    • No - I was leaning Trump and still am
    • No - I was leaning 3rd Party and still am

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruz is a weasel, but he'd be wiping the floor with her and the major softballs she's been lobbing.

Overall, she's done a better job in the debate and Trump was Rubio-like repeating the same things over & over. He could have destroyed her tonight and let her win. F'ng amateur.

That's kinda my take too. I'm a trump supporter and I think he missed a lot of opportunities to crush her. She just hung around smiling and lying and trump started having trouble staying focused

I wouldn't say Hillary won, I would say closer to a draw.

I would love to see like a 3 hour grudge match debate and literally watch Hillary start melting on stage. She started to look rough after about an hour 15mins

She is disgusting and flat out called her opponent racist. How you call that winning is beyond me. If you said they both lost I could buy it.

Her comments on race were vile. "Black churches are vibrant". GTFO

She did what she needed to do without melting down and sticking on point.

Her base will let her get away with the gaffes, just like Trump supporters ignore his elementary school intellect. Hard to see how swing voters were impressed with Trump though, and this is where a skilled debater would have wiped the floor with her. Trump had a bruised opponent and failed to score.

Cruz is a weasel, but he'd be wiping the floor with her and the major softballs she's been lobbing.

Overall, she's done a better job in the debate and Trump was Rubio-like repeating the same things over & over. He could have destroyed her tonight and let her win. F'ng amateur.

Yep. There were a couple of times he could have hit her hard early, but he absolutely whiffed after her cyber security answer. She put herself on the ropes and he let the bell ring before throwing the haymaker.

Yep. There were a couple of times he could have hit her hard early, but he absolutely whiffed after her cyber security answer. She put herself on the ropes and he let the bell ring before throwing the haymaker.

It's almost like he doesn't want to win... because it's all theater.

It was nice to see that the one point they could both agree on was helping bring fascism back (re using arbitrary no fly lists to restrict the civil liberties of citizens).

The coronation will proceed as expected...

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Truth and lies

:lol: Here is the "Honest to God" Front page of CNN's site right now

Truth placed right over a smiling Hillary and Lies over a scowling Trump

No time for subtlety I guess............... :D

That's kinda my take too. I'm a trump supporter and I think he missed a lot of opportunities to crush her. She just hung around smiling and lying and trump started having trouble staying focused

I wouldn't say Hillary won, I would say closer to a draw.

I would love to see like a 3 hour grudge match debate and literally watch Hillary start melting on stage. She started to look rough after about an hour 15mins

Trump brought up Rosie O'Donnell, Howard Stern, Hillary's appearance, and more or less implied wanting to discuss infidelity.

In a presidential debate.

If only he'd brought up his schlong size, he'd have hit for the cycle.

Trump's base isn't moving. Hillary's base isn't moving. They are fighting for the large third party vote. None of us third party people are going for Trump after tonight but neither are we likely to break for Clinton. Both came out of tonight only serving red meat to their bases. Trump didn't say much but speak in soundbytes. Hillary doled out the usual serving of motherment. A miss by both of them.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Or Carly or Christie would have ripped Hillary to shreds.

The only way she could "win" was to run against someone who's worse than her. For that job, there is but one man. In return he gets loads of free publicity, increases his brand, and spins it off into his own media empire. She gets the election without it having to be blatantly stolen. Everyone wins.

But us.

My quick reaction.

by Prof. William A Jacobson

I think any fair assessment of the details would say Hillary won the debate points. She was better prepared on issues and had her punch lines lined up. Just like when she debated Obama in 2008. And she did score some good punch lines, because NBC brought up issues that are tough on Trump, like the tax returns and the Obama “birther” issue. Hillary’s email problem was barely an issue, and received none of the pushback from Lester Holt that Trump received on other issues like the Iraq War.

But as I mentioned this morning, this was Trump’s chance to show 100 million people he’s not the “Hitler” the media portrays, and that merely being on the stage normalizes him. I think he succeeded in that. He didn’t make any huge gaffes, and didn’t have any blow ups. He hammered the issues of jobs in the midwest — constantly referred to Michigan. To the extent Trump was able to stay on message, the message was one of feeling the pain of people left behind in the economy.

In a sense, the debate set up the choice — the better prepared career politician and symbol of the status quo, versus the less prepared but more emotional outsider representing the change agent. The debate may have rendered that change agent acceptable.

Will be interesting to see if this moves the polling needle at all.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/debate-reaction-who-won/#comments

Edited by B-Man

My quick reaction.

by Prof. William A Jacobson

I think any fair assessment of the details would say Hillary won the debate points. She was better prepared on issues and had her punch lines lined up. Just like when she debated Obama in 2008. And she did score some good punch lines, because NBC brought up issues that are tough on Trump, like the tax returns and the Obama birther issue. Hillarys email problem was barely an issue, and received none of the pushback from Lester Holt that Trump received on other issues like the Iraq War.

But as I mentioned this morning, this was Trumps chance to show 100 million people hes not the Hitler the media portrays, and that merely being on the stage normalizes him. I think he succeeded in that. He didnt make any huge gaffes, and didnt have any blow ups. He hammered the issues of jobs in the midwest constantly referred to Michigan. To the extent Trump was able to stay on message, the message was one of feeling the pain of people left behind in the economy.

In a sense, the debate set up the choice the better prepared career politician and symbol of the status quo, versus the less prepared but more emotional outsider representing the change agent. The debate may have rendered that change agent acceptable.

Will be interesting to see if this moves the polling needle at all.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/debate-reaction-who-won/#comments

Thank you. I was telling my wife this exact same thing. The next 2 debates are where he goes after her.

She did what she needed to do without melting down and sticking on point.

Her base will let her get away with the gaffes, just like Trump supporters ignore his elementary school intellect. Hard to see how swing voters were impressed with Trump though, and this is where a skilled debater would have wiped the floor with her. Trump had a bruised opponent and failed to score.

I doubt there are many swing voters in this election. The candidates are so polarizing I think 99% of the electorate has made up their mind . Particularly with recent events in this country. You are on one side or the other.

I think Trump did what he needed to do: Hang in there without losing his #%$@. A lot of people tuned in to see if he'd act like the buffoon that the left continues to try to paint him as (and to be honest, he's definitely come off that way in the past), and Hillary did her best to try to bait him, but it didn't work. I especially liked the way he countered the question of releasing his tax returns by saying he would when Hillary handed over all her missing emails. I expected him to do that, and was pleased that he did.

But in the name of all that is holy, it's tough to listen to her voice for more than a minute at a time. Ugh..... the more I hear her, the more a lot of things about Bill start to make more sense.

Explain why birthed is racist.

I get why it is stupid, annoying, pointless, and many other things. It was about an individual person, not a race. Is the theory that Trump thinks no black people were born in the USA? Does he also not think black churches are vibrant?

It's because they think that people did it just because he is black. They think that it wouldn't of happened to a white candidate, except they did it to Ted Cruz soooooo......

As for the debate, how is this poll even this divided? Come on, I don't like Hillary but she wiped the floor with Trump. He has no substance.

I doubt there are many swing voters in this election. The candidates are so polarizing I think 99% of the electorate has made up their mind . Particularly with recent events in this country. You are on one side or the other.

I haven't made up my mind. Leaning 3rd party, but one of the candidates just has to woe me. I don't think they will.

Edited by What a Tuel