Is Chad Kelly not Jim Kelly incarnate?

Virgil

This isn't about drafting him, when he should be drafted, or Tyrod.

Having the ability to watch him play in his first 4 games and a few last year, he just reminds me so much of Jimbo. He's got the broad shoulders, the gun slinger mentality, and the over confident throws to a fault.

I remember so many times when Jim would just have a little to much faith in his ability or receivers and make a poor throw. Chad seems the same way. Can make all the throws, will take a hit.

Basically, they are both backyard, I want you to hit me, pull it out your ass kinda players.

But yes, I would also draft him. It would just be too much fun. Although I'm still in TT's corner

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would totally take him with a 2nd round pick......

Because of who he is, I'm going to be fascinated with his off-season rankings and draft status. Players always get magically better when the season is over. Being in the SEC and from Ole Miss, I think he'll go a full round higher than his current projections.

I'll say late round 1, maybe top 15 if he has a great rest of the season.

Not saying that's when he should go, but he's a big conference quarterback and that's what they do

Because of who he is, I'm going to be fascinated with his off-season rankings and draft status. Players always get magically better when the season is over. Being in the SEC and from Ole Miss, I think he'll go a full round higher than his current projections.

I'll say late round 1, maybe top 15 if he has a great rest of the season.

Not saying that's when he should go, but he's a big conference quarterback and that's what they do

Your right.....my feeling on this will probably change if Tyrod does not turn it up (I think he is going to)

This season will go as Tyrod goes....so if we are picking at say.....10.....I would not be opposed to a trade back and pick up Kelly sooner.

Ugh. No way, I don't see that at all in CK. Cutler seems like Garfield playing QB. Guy looks bored, smug and uninterested in being in the stadium. Seriously , worst body language ever for an NFL QB.

Exactly. His persona is the polar opposite of Jim's. Jim led and rallied the entire team. Cutler rarely can lead or rally himself let alone others.

Having the ability to watch him play in his first 4 games and a few last year, he just reminds me so much of Jimbo. He's got the broad shoulders, the gun slinger mentality, and the over confident throws to a fault.

I remember so many times when Jim would just have a little to much faith in his ability or receivers and make a poor throw. Chad seems the same way. Can make all the throws, will take a hit.

Basically, they are both backyard, I want you to hit me, pull it out your ass kinda players.

But yes, I would also draft him. It would just be too much fun. Although I'm still in TT's corner

No he is not, the guy is about 6'1 maybe and the only thing they have in common is last name.

He's a really tough QB like Jim. He's a project though. Not an immediate NFL starter IMO. I've been in favor of drafting him for 2 years. He does have some cutler-like qualities.

That opinion of him may change by the end of the College season though. Lots of QBs get over drafted these days so it probably means he's an early 2nd rounder at worst if he continues playing well.

I would draft him because he has talent and Jim has worked with him on how the pro game works. Almost as if he is Jim's boy, worked out pretty good for the Mannings.

some here think Chad is a bum and is only getting recognition but what if he is better than Jim just as Peyton was better than Archie, although he could Eli but still better than what we have.

with his talent and Jim guiding him I would definitely draft him.

You wash your mouth(hands) out.

agreed :lol:

I would draft him because he has talent and Jim has worked with him on how the pro game works. Almost as if he is Jim's boy, worked out pretty good for the Mannings.

some here think Chad is a bum and is only getting recognition but what if he is better than Jim just as Peyton was better than Archie, although he could Eli but still better than what we have.

with his talent and Jim guiding him I would definitely draft him.

agreed :lol:

You on College QBs. Shhhhhh. Be quiet.