Tom Coughlin was at the stadium

BuffaloPride

Most reporters I have heard, including Clayton yesterday, have made it quite clear they are merely expressing opinion.

Not sure what you are talking about really.

He did not make that clear last week. I did not listen to that yesterday. Vic certainly presented it as more than personal opinion. When I called out a Rochester "journalist" on this on Twitter and made him look ridiculous, he blocked me. So, no, I do not think that most of these guys make it "clear" that they are only expressing a personal opinion.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were right the first time! Coughlin IS 100 years old!

Except win football games on a regular and sustained playoff caliber basis.

I tidied this up a bit.

Except win football games on a regular and sustained playoff caliber basis.

I tidied this up a bit.

Which is perfect.

Pegula is starting to get it.

Took him a while with the Sabres too.

As a consultant I'm fine with it...as any kind of coach, even a football Czar....and I'm not for it. He did well as a coach just a few years ago, but I really want younger, fresher minds in positions where decisions will be made.

A guy to just throw ideas at and get his thoughts, sure...but decision making power, no thank you.

With all due respect to the board and all of us posters... This is a great example of how low local journalism has sunk. Using TBD as a source. What a **** show at TBN.

Congrats to OP though. :thumbsup:

With all due respect to the board and all of us posters... This is a great example of how low local journalism has sunk. Using TBD as a source. What a **** show at TBN.

Congrats to OP though. :thumbsup:

Really? Apparently this is where it was first reported and Vic gave appropriate credit. If anything he should be praised.

Really? Apparently this is where it was first reported and Vic gave appropriate credit. If anything he should be praised.

First "reported" as a 2nd hand anonymously sourced rumor by an anonymous internet poster on a fan site. That is where the talent at TBD has to stoop in order to find stories and leads.

Again, complete props to BuffaloPride and TBD, but journalists shouldn't be getting their material here. We should be getting our material from them. Otherwise, why do we need the journalists? They are supposed to have better access and knowledge than us common-folk, but that certainly doesn't seem the case in the last few years.

First "reported" as a 2nd hand anonymously sourced rumor by an anonymous internet poster on a fan site. That is where the talent at TBD has to stoop in order to find stories and leads.

Again, complete props to BuffaloPride and TBD, but journalists shouldn't be getting their material here. We should be getting our material from them. Otherwise, why do we need the journalists? They are supposed to have better access and knowledge than us common-folk, but that certainly doesn't seem the case in the last few years.

You get leads anywhere. You just have to follow up on them.

You get leads anywhere. You just have to follow up on them.

So is now a good time to start a rumor that new Bills president of football operations tom coughlin. Has said he is willing to trade away every 2017 draft pick to move up for Chad Kelly? I heard this at a noisy bar in Buffalo around 2 am last weekend.

@SalSports

According to @mortreport (welcome back), Coughlin did meet with Pegulas, but it was early in off-season and included Rex, who arranged it.

@SalSports

Mort's report: it was to discuss "an active consultants role," but "just wasn't a good pairing at the moment" (he even flew back w/Rex)

Interesting. So maybe Coughlin decided the organization was too much of a dumpster fire to be part of? I know I will catch some heat for this comment, but it's exactly how I interpret it.

i believe the term is "heavy lift"

I just would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. It makes me wonder what all this means about decisions like the future of Rex? I find it hard to believe that Rex will stick around if this year ends up being a losing one. It made me wonder if Coughlin was told that Rex is the coach going forward? I was just thinking about this because I cannot imagine a guy like Coughlin working with Rex.

I just would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. It makes me wonder what all this means about decisions like the future of Rex? I find it hard to believe that Rex will stick around if this year ends up being a losing one. It made me wonder if Coughlin was told that Rex is the coach going forward? I was just thinking about this because I cannot imagine a guy like Coughlin working with Rex.

Saw someone wonder on Twitter if the meeting was set up by Rex (before it came out that it was set up by Rex) to talk to coughlin about his strategies with the Pats. Since he is the only one to really have success vs that offense who is not currently coaching and in a position to consult.