Will Rex be Fired W/ Loss to NE led by Jacoby Brissett?

jethro_tull

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rex stays until the end of the season when Pegula cleans house. Then we get the new GM and HQ along with the customary Bills off-season hope and hype with excitement building since the team has the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. This is feeling more and more like 1984 to me.

I truly believe if the Bills lose @ New England next week and third stringer Jacoby Brissett is still their starter, Rex will be fired on the spot. Possibly if Garoppolo starts as well.

Not going to happen. The Patsies just beat Houston with their thirs string QB and Houston is a better team then we are at this point. Losing to NE with Brissett will have no effect on Rex's employment status.

When his last 5 year record becomes 34-48.

He takes an 8-8 team with a top 5 defense and makes it a bottom 5 defense.

When he doesn't make the playoffs the year previous.

So the Pegulas are factoring Ryan's record with the Jets into their decision? Makes perfect sense.

So the Pegulas are factoring Ryan's record with the Jets into their decision? Makes perfect sense.

I would, He has been crap for 5 years now.

If I had an employee and he got canned for his last job for something, and then the same trends were appearing at my company, you'd bet i'd take that into consideration.

I would, He has been crap for 5 years now.

If I had an employee and he got canned for his last job for something, and then the same trends were appearing at my company, you'd bet i'd take that into consideration.

What you would do is immaterial and if his losing record with the Jets was a huge factor with the Pegulas, he wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place. Carry on Count.

Mid season firing is extremely unlikely.....Pegs will keep Rex for remainder of season....but, when the season is over, all bets are off. Rex is the blowhard we knew he was and hated in NY. I couldn't understand how they hired him in the first place. The Jets got it right in hiring Todd Bowles. There are a number of qualified candidates in the NFL....for the coaching job. Now, Whaley.....that is another story. He has done a few good things, but is really not getting it done overall The Watkins trade looks bad in retrospect....yes, talented guy, but, at this point, you would have to put him in the injury prone category. That makes him an NFL non producer........at least to the degree he has not lived up to his substantial price. (2 #1 picks) So, I count that as a failure. And, the Manuel pick..another wasted #1....Manuel going the JP Losman route...play out the rookie contract...and out of the league after that. The Shaq Lawson mess. guy was damaged goods....and was not deserving of a #1. Bills have made this mistake before (see Willis McGahee) I admit Raglund was just bad luck, but, there were pre draft concerns there as well in terms of physical condition. Now, does a Jerry Hughes pickup offset a big miss on the #1s...year after year? Not sure...of course, there is always the minority aspect of Whaley being GM......I suspect the league might pressure the Pegs to keep whaley a little longer.....won't see that in the papers, but I sense it.

Edited by bigK14094

Not really sure what you're trying to argue here. Ryan is terrible and - frankly - an embarrassing, lowbrow buffoon. At a certain point, arguing against Ryan's many detractors calls to mind the immortal words of Ricky Watters: "For who? For what?"

I'll make my argument one way or the other at the end of the season based on the full results. Not now. You have made your determination, then that's fine. I don't love Rex and didn't at the time he was hired, but he's here now so I'll wait. I didn't like the Marrone hire either, but I waited to make my judgment on him too before I came to the conclusion that we has the wrong guy as the HC. Crusade on!

We're gonna beat the Cards. Mark it down. Then we get blown out by the Pats.

We're gonna play close to the Cards, then Rex will get excited about his vaunted defense. He'll blather on all week about how we are going to get after the Pats. They will quietly go about their preparation like always while we spin our wheels producing bulletin board material.

I think in-season firings of head coaches as well as OCs and DCs are generally pretty stupid. Even more stupid in the first half of the season. If that's going to be done you do it at a point where the replacement has some time and preseason games to get in sync with the team. Not like how the Bills did it with Roman, 2 freakin games into the regular season. But that being said, I fully expect the next two games to be epically humiliating for the Bills. I mean, BellyCheat just beat the Texans 27-0 with a 3rd string rookie QB for gods sake. If the Pegulas would fire their OC after 2 games in the regular season, they may be embarrassed enough after these two games to **** can Rex, who knows at this point. Rex's saving grace may be the dumb contract he was given. The Pegulas may not be embarrassed enough to keep paying Ryan so much money after firing him early on. It would make them look stupid as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Rex will be fired when we are 2-7 at the bye. Then we'll band together and finish the season 4-3 for no apparent reason other than to mess up any draft positioning. We will pick in the 8-10 range and draft a cornerback as we watch Gilmore sign with Atlanta or New Orleans or some other garbage team in the south. Because that's what the Bills do.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I'll make my argument one way or the other at the end of the season based on the full results. Not now. You have made your determination, then that's fine. I don't love Rex and didn't at the time he was hired, but he's here now so I'll wait. I didn't like the Marrone hire either, but I waited to make my judgment on him too before I came to the conclusion that we has the wrong guy as the HC. Crusade on!

This is a fair point, but why the "crusade on!" dig at the end? When have I ever been a "crusader" about Rex Ryan?

We keep hearing how Rex has the best coaches. David Lee has been working with our QB's for years. We never get a QB who plays a lights out game. We always make up excused and say he's young, he's learning, new system, only a starter for 18 games. blah blah. Patriots plug in anyone at QB and they run the offense and score points.

We keep hearing how Rex has the best coaches. David Lee has been working with our QB's for years. We never get a QB who plays a lights out game. We always make up excused and say he's young, he's learning, new system, only a starter for 18 games. blah blah. Patriots plug in anyone at QB and they run the offense and score points.

Just imagine what could happen if we have a good front office that picks a non-retread coach. Whaley has lived this in Pittsburgh, he needs to get the Pegulas on board or get out.