Todd Haley

mob16151

I've heard Steeler fans really didn't like Bruce Arians either. Might not mean much but it's possible they are hard to please.

Hated him when he was there. He did go through a little rough patch though. I beleive the Steelers organization tried to force him into retirement.

Edited by mob16151

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Steeler fans really didn't like Bruce Arians either. Might not mean much but it's possible they are hard to please.

they don't like him STILL, haha. Haven't gotten over from when Ben played through an AC sprain in 2008 and they thought Arians ran plays that left him too exposed. They thought he was a reckless OC and disorganized. Though they like Haley less it seems. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree, decidedly mediocre as head coach. Came across as a "my way or the highway" kind of guy

I'm hoping hes learned from his mistakes. And the pft article which talks about him sitting out the last round of h irings kind of implied it.

Also would rather take a chance on a failed ex Kansas City head coach,possibly for sentimental reasons.

I was actually thinking about Haley last week.

There's no denying his offensive numbers with the Steelers. It's everything I wish we could be on offense. I also know I want our next HC to be an offensive guy. With that said Haley would be a tough call. He was so unlikable & "douchey" in KC. I can deal with that if he's a good HC, but you'd have to do a lot of work on him to be confident in pulling the trigger of him being the guy to lead the team. Their is definitely some baggage. I'm pissed we didn't hire my favorite the first time around, Hue Jackson. Still think he was the perfect fit for Buffalo, and likely would've retained Schwartz.

i see. I was responding to a poster who assumed he held players accountable. I don't see evidence of that, is what I'm saying. I didn't say anything was anyone's fault.

perfectly open to being held accountable. Didnt do the research. Just assumed ass = lack of hugs = players know he is to be taken seriously.

To your valid point (still too lazy to research), maybe what happens in the Offensive meeting room is far different from having "final say." He just seems like the type who would run to Tomlin to complain about players. But after that . . .

But if the players know that people upstairs are being reported about the players' faults and failing, that might motivate them to get their shtt together. Even if stabbing knives in his back with their eyes.

Haley was a disaster as a Head Coach the first time round despite getting the Chiefs to the play-offs in 2010. He does not hold anyone accountable - not even himself. When he loses control on the sidelines in games (as he has many times) he defends it with "that's who I am." Good offensive coordinator, good aggressive play caller, poor manager of people and bad leader of men.

Now I am aware some of the same things can be said about McDaniels (who would be my choice) in Denver... but he was very young when he got that job. I still think there is a natural maturation to happen there.

Todd Haley is not the reason the Steelers' offense has become so good. The Steelers are benefitting from an amazing scouting department that has found WR gems in the later rounds of the draft, coupled with Ben's maturity into a heady pocket passer with the ability to read defenses pre- and post-snap.

Todd Haley is one of the biggest douchebags the NFL has ever seen. If he becomes Head Coach of the Bills, I'm out.

Todd Haley is not the reason the Steelers' offense has become so good. The Steelers are benefitting from an amazing scouting department that has found WR gems in the later rounds of the draft, coupled with Ben's maturity into a heady pocket passer with the ability to read defenses pre- and post-snap.

Todd Haley is one of the biggest douchebags the NFL has ever seen. If he becomes Head Coach of the Bills, I'm out.

Todd Haley is the reason Big Ben is as healthy as he is. Ben was getting killed trying to extend plays with Arians. Haley came in and made Ben dump the ball to the back instead of running around. Arians was not committed to the run and the Rooney's wanted to get back to the running game hence the change.

Good OC, bad HC. He doesn't have the personality traits to be the head guy. jmo.

That being said, he is the playcaller for one of only 3 teams that have been top 10 in yards and points for 2014 and 2015.

Pittsburgh w/ Haley

New Orleans w/ Payton

Seattle w/ Bevell

Of the 3 I'll still take Bevell despite the slow start in '16

Edited by BuffaloHokie13