NoSaint

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes that explains it

Defensive coordinator's are of course stupid and need an off season to figure all this out.....they cant figure it out in season last year.

Tendency Scouting that does take an offseason. Need enough sample size to figure out those tendencies.

Hence why you hear people say well they got a full year of tape etc. same reason the WildCat was dead after one year.

Tendency Scouting that does take an offseason. Need enough sample size to figure out those tendencies.

Hence why you hear people say well they got a full year of tape etc. same reason the WildCat was dead after one year.

As a side note, welcome to the board!! I know that you haven't been here long but you have turned out a lot of solid contributions already. I really look forward to what you are going to bring.

As a side note, welcome to the board!! I know that you haven't been here long but you have turned out a lot of solid contributions already. I really look forward to what you are going to bring.

Appreciate it. I know I may come off as real critical of Tyrod and that might turn people off, but I will call it like I see it.

Tyrod hasn't shown any in-game consistency. He plays pretty crappy for long periods and then has a series or two where he plays well or hits a long pass. He's been like that for 18 games. Hasn't improved (yet) and hasn't regressed (yet).

It does seem like he has missed a bunch of easy throws that should have been completions, but that's just a subjective observation.

Don't remember him doing that last year though.

i hear you -- i do know he had a stretch early of very high completion percentage games, but also went over a month without cracking 60% for a game. maybe we were hung up on the first impressions and discounted some of the later stuff that didnt fit that? not trying to push an agenda with that comment, but do know first impressions are big in human perception.

Too small a sample size, but he is not as good stat wise through two games this year as he was last year. But stats aren't always the best barometer when it comes to measuring a QB's progress or regression when there is so much more to QBing than passing the ball.

I don't have an issue with the read. Both guys were wide open. I have an issue with the accuracy. Those are the exact throws that I don't remember him missing last year. Hopefully it changes

Maybe that's the problem. Both guys were wide open and he couldn't decide and threw it poorly :)

The A22 has been brutal for him.

did you feel he was making those intermediate throws better last year?

last year on passes thrown 11-20 yards ESPN splits put him at 49.1%, 1 TD, and 2 INT with a rating of 71.3, hes weakest interval

this year on passes thrown 11-20 he is at 60% (only 3/5 so a small sample... but lack of attempts in that range is one of the bigger passing differences weve hit in the chat yet)

Edited by NoSaint

last year on passes thrown 11-20 yards ESPN splits put him at 49.1%, 1 TD, and 2 INT with a rating of 71.3, hes weakest interval

this year on passes thrown 11-20 he is at 60% (only 3/5 so a small sample... but lack of attempts in that range is one of the bigger passing differences weve hit in the chat yet)

I wonder if the regression of the running game is impacting perception as well? The Bills are not moving the ball on the ground like last year (including Tyrod). It felt like he was trying to play off of the running game while this year it feels like it is more on his shoulders.

I don't have the stat sheet so need to ask, those are "air yards" and not completed yards right?

Edited by The Wiz

I don't have an issue with the read. Both guys were wide open. I have an issue with the accuracy. Those are the exact throws that I don't remember him missing last year. Hopefully it changes

I have an issue with the read big time, both pre and post snap. That is just not NFL caliber.

EDIT: someone up thread posted that play occurred when we were trying to conserve time on the clock, so I can forgive it if that is the case. I'm assuming we already wasted TOs that prevented us from being able to exploit the middle, too.

Edited by K-9