• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt see it last year either.

No progression

Yes....that is why he went to the pro bowl and was ESPN's top free agent aquisition of the year

because he sucked

The difference between last year and this is we were actually running the ball well.....hey that sounds just like SEATTLES problem

Edited by John from Hemet

Anyone that completes a pass in the preseason has franchise potential 'round these parts.

Sorry...that just does not fly.

There are 32 NFL teams.....ours played in the Pro Bowl last year

It does not mean what it once meant in years past.....it DOES mean that they are not a horrible qb......horrible qb dont get invites to the pro bowl

Sorry...that just does not fly.

There are 32 NFL teams.....ours played in the Pro Bowl last year

It does not mean what it once meant in years past.....it DOES mean that they are not a horrible qb......horrible qb dont get invites to the pro bowl

John, you're putting too much stock into the Pro Bowl.

He's played 16 games, he hasn't won a single one with his arm yet. Not one. Yes, he throws a great deep ball, and can make Sportcenter highlight plays. He's an insane runner, and can make plays with his feet that no other QB can.

But he leaves so much on the field it isn't even funny. I'm not disappointed in the losses - I never thought playoffs were happening this year. I'm disappointed because it's apparent we don't have a QB on this team.

John, you're putting too much stock into the Pro Bowl.

He's played 16 games, he hasn't won a single one with his arm yet. Not one. Yes, he throws a great deep ball, and can make Sportcenter highlight plays. He's an insane runner, and can make plays with his feet that no other QB can.

But he leaves so much on the field it isn't even funny. I'm not disappointed in the losses - I never thought playoffs were happening this year. I'm disappointed because it's apparent we don't have a QB on this team.

So you point out positives....after 2 games.....but are making definative statements

You dont see a problem with that?

So you point out positives....after 2 games.....but are making definative statements

You dont see a problem with that?

I pointed out a few of his positives while basically saying he can't play QB in this league (that was the gist). It's kind of like saying I love EJ's work ethic and enthusiasm, yet I still don't ever want to see him under center for the Bills.

I pointed out a few of his positives while basically saying he can't play QB in this league (that was the gist). It's kind of like saying I love EJ's work ethic and enthusiasm, yet I still don't ever want to see him under center for the Bills.

yet last years play had our D been better would have gotten us into the playoffs...i.e. we had a winning record with him.

Once again I say....if your gonna B word about Tyrod....show me alternatives...or those points are shallow

There was a discussion on this board a week or two ago about whether left tackle truly belonged in the conversation of "impact" positions that you must prioritise and pay in the modern NFL. There was a reasonable number of people who didn't think it did. I still do and I think Seattle are the poster boy for why. You do not need to have 5 studs on your offensive line to win in this league but you need to be reasonably solid on the Quarterback's blindside and you need a serviceable center to anchor the line. When Seattle were making Superbowls their line had some holes... but it also had Russell Okung at left tackle and Max Unger at center. That combination, coupled with Russell Wilson's mobility, and Marshawn Lynch's ability to gain yards after contact was sufficient to generate enough offense to ride their defense to success.

Now the line is a total mess, it has already gotten Wilson hurt (which in turn affects his ability to escape out of the pocket and make unconventional plays that lessen the impact of a poor line that can't keep the pocket clean) and obviously Rawls and Michael are not Lynch. They have legitimately gone into an NFL season with a starting left tackle (Bradley Sowell) who having been in the league since 2012 can point to only 12 previous starts.... all of which came in 2013 for the Arizona Cardinals when he took over as the starter after week 4. He was graded that year by PFF (not everything as I often say but a useful barometer) as the worst starting left tackle in the league (and by a distance) and the 2nd worst starting tackle overall. Us Bills fans have spent a number of years moaning about the Bills trying to get by with scrubs at right tackle (Pears, Mills etc) but this is their starter at the most important position on the line. That is worse than the Bills going in with Colin Brown as the starting left guard in 2013. Their left guard has been moved over after a pretty rocky rookie year at right guard, Justin Britt who was a reasonably solid left guard last year has moved to try and fill the Unger shaped hole at center, they were hoping their first round draft pick would play right guard (currently injured) and they were hoping for improvement from their right tackle (in his third year, second starting) who graded as one of the worst tackles in the league in 2015.

It is mismanagement of the line on a colossal scale and the left tackle issue in particular is indefensible. Now Miami and St Louis have decent enough fronts.... but I would expect any NFL defensive line to have fun against those Seahawks protectors.

Their money is spent on defense... I understand that. They have paid Wilson and Baldwin - again, I understand that. But they have to find a way of diverting some cash to pay a proper left tackle or else they are going to get Russell Wilson (their most important asset) broken. 4 scrubs and 1 serviceable starter will not get it done in the NFL.

Imagine only allowing 9 points on D and losing. I thought losing 13-7 was bad.

Russ is hurt and their OL is a train wreck.

A train wreck indeed. One of the announcers pointed out that something like 6 of 9 players on OL weren't on the team last year and of the 2 vet starters, only 1 in his original position. RW is gonna get killed if they don't fix that.

Your right i am not giving TT a pass at all. I have seen Wilson win from the pocket, use the entire field and carry the team when running game not working.

You didn't see that last night.

Last week they would have lost if Stills could catch an easy TD with nobody near him that he dropped before coming back to hold out for a 12-10 win against Miami at home. This week they laid another clunker on the road to the LA Rams and Case Keenum, losing 9-3.

Russell Wilson looking like a far cry from the guy who ended last year on fire...

Many Bills fans were clamoring for Seattle's offensive coordinator to be our head coach two years ago.

Just goes to show - all football coaches suck except for Belichick.

Edited by Wayne Arnold