Is Gilmore really worth the money?

Niagara Dude

Can anyone really say this guy is worth the kind of money he and his agent thinks he should receive? Top corners make big plays and that does mean making tackles 30-40 yards down the field after you give-up a huge pass play.

Gilmore does not seem to be an elite lock down corner that other teams are afraid of attacking. The first drive against the Jets on Thursday night was a game changer (8 min drive) and he could have got us off the field on their first 3rd down opportunity.

Quincy Enunwa is the Jets #3 WR and he burned him. Great corners make a play on that ball or ones that want to paid 12-15 millon a season. I would prefer to use that kind of money on free agent pass rushing LB or DE.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say he's lost a fair amount of money the past two weeks. Everyone has been talking recently how now that TT is signed we can tag Gilmore. The way he's been playing think most would be disappointment if we tag him. Unless we pull a Carolina, tag him try and get a decent deal, if not, then pull it.

Would you care to expand on why?

His body of work as you explained. You must include his injury history as well. He just isn't as good as people claim. The fact that it is a contract year for him and he is regressing makes it even worse.

Edited by Beef Jerky

No especially not in Buffalo. The Bills are no where near having a playoff caliber team year in and year out. Why is that? Because they don't have a QB that is really good at passing the football. Until you have that piece in place there is no point in handing out big $$$ contracts to any defensive player. They make almost no difference in win replacement value.

When a Gilmore or for that matter a Dareus miss a game the betting line for a Bills game doesn't move at all. This team needs to bottom out and find that guy that can sling the rock, then begin to worry about signing the pieces around him.

Edited by Estro

His body of work as you explained. You must include his injury history as well. He just isn't as good as people claim. The fact that it is a contract year for him and he is regressing makes it even worse.

I don't think that one awful game (one that I think the game plan had a major role in) is necessarily a sign of regression. I think you need a bigger sample size to call it that.

If you want to talk injuries, that's fair. I think he represents injury potential with his tackle technique but that can be taught. I just think that if Buffalo stays a man cover team, he's an asset that would be difficult to replace.

Question for you Brits: if the bills were an EPL team, would they have been relegated by now?

Blokes is right. Only year we have been bottom 3 was the Dareus year... but then there are 32 teams in the NFL and 20 in the Prem so every time we have drafted 12th or sooner (most years but for the last two) we'd have been relegated.

There are teams who manage to stay up for many years in the Premier League whilst being constantly mediocre though. Hello Sunderland I am looking at you...