Is Gilmore really worth the money?

Niagara Dude

Yes. You don't judge him solely on that game. You judge him on his entire body of work. The career is worth top dollar pay.

What big plays has he made over his career that have changed games? the is a good corner but not elite which he and his agent think he should paid like.

Byrd was more of big play maker and we let him go, Gilmore looks robotic at times. Teams that pay players that kind of money require big plays, he had many opportunities to make plays on Thursday night and failed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What big plays has he made over his career that have changed games? the is a good corner but not elite which he and his agent think he should paid like.

Byrd was more of big play maker and we let him go, Gilmore looks robotic at times. Teams that pay players that kind of money require big plays, he had many opportunities to make plays on Thursday night and failed.

Classify 'big plays' for me. If you're taking the interception angle, don't. There's more to corner play than picks.

No especially not in Buffalo. The Bills are no where near having a playoff caliber team year in and year out. Why is that? Because they don't have a QB that is really good at passing the football. Until you have that piece in place there is no point in handing out big $$$ contracts to any defensive player. They make almost no difference in win replacement value.

When a Gilmore or for that matter a Dareus miss a game the betting line for a Bills game doesn't move at all. This team needs to bottom out and find that guy that can sing the rock, then begin to worry about signing the pieces around him.

I agree, unless you are signing some sack master who can change games with turnovers and sacks or in Gilmore's case interceptions

Right, like knocking down balls on 3rd down to get your team off the field or making a tackle on 3 & 2 on a bubble screen.

Okay. 55 career games. 51 pass defenses, 9 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery. That's more than one meaningful notch in the box score per game.

If you take a look at how he's covered in his first 4 seasons, you'll also know there's numerous occasions per game where he ties a man up to take away an easy target.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I had a perfect view from where I was sitting on the first drive, where on third down Gilmore missed a tackle that would have force a punt. He dogged it. He slid by and tried to make an arm tackle instead of sticking his head in there and making a tackle. He has a lot of talent but not a lot of heart. He is no cornerstone.

Nah we need him to get the #1 overall pick. Also if we wait till the right time it could come back as a compensatory.

Some team will pay him more then he is worth, i just hope it is not the Bills. We would be better served using that money to sign free agents to upgrade WR & DE/LB or even a play making safety.

Okay. 55 career games. 51 pass defenses, 9 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery. That's more than one meaningful notch in the box score per game.

If you take a look at how he's covered in his first 4 seasons, you'll also know there's numerous occasions per game where he ties a man up to take away an easy target.

Exactly. How many times has he completely shut down a guy in isolation, making sure no throw was possible to his assignment.

I had a perfect view from where I was sitting on the first drive, where on third down Gilmore missed a tackle that would have force a punt. He dogged it. He slid by and tried to make an arm tackle instead of sticking his head in there and making a tackle. He has a lot of talent but not a lot of heart. He is no cornerstone.

Are you talking about the bubble screen where more effort could have resulted in tackle behind the line or no gain?

Classify 'big plays' for me. If you're taking the interception angle, don't. There's more to corner play than picks.

Bloke if your asking for top 5 corner money some ints would be nice

but I would settle for being in position so you dont have to facemask a guy to keep him from scoring.

I like GIlmore......but he needs to earn his keep

Bloke if your asking for top 5 corner money some ints would be nice

but I would settle for being in position so you dont have to facemask a guy to keep him from scoring.

I like GIlmore......but he needs to earn his keep

For the first 4 years, he has. I know it's popular to **** on him but he's a damn good corner. The idea is to neutralise the opponent, he's proven that he can do that on many occasions.

If you're asking me to defend Thursday night, not a chance. I've ripped into him when I wrote the game up, I called him sloppy and lazy. That doesn't change the player he is though.

Thursday night both Darby & Gilmore were beat bad on several occasions. That does not excuse the lack of defensive scheming and lack of a pass rush and the safeties being caught out of position and not in position to take away deep passes between the numbers.