Is Gilmore really worth the money?

Niagara Dude

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet!!! I'm all for giving him 6-8 to stay here... But some team will dish out 10-12/yr... It always happens

There will be some team that offers him 12 million + per year. Tag him & trade him. He is not worth the money.

Did anyone see the defensive holding penalty on Gilmore that nullified the Hughes sack and gave the Jets their first down? Was it legit?

This.

It was not! But he still had a terrible day at the office:

@billsupdates

Buffalo #Bills' Stephon Gilmore among 10 worst individual performers of Week 2 http://trib.al/03dD0GH

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Right, like knocking down balls on 3rd down to get your team off the field or making a tackle on 3 & 2 on a bubble screen.

I would agree with elite corners need to make those as they are big plays.

I recall Gilmore making more of those plays as a rookie or with a cast on his thumb than his last 6-8 games.

Gilmore was awful, and has only 1 PD on the season. At this point, he'll get an RFA tender if he's lucky, unless he picks it up. Rape Lookout, OTOH, had his moments. Even though he got torched, he still had 3 PD's (I thought it was 4 or 5).

He's not an RFA after this season, and at worst he'll get $10M/year.

He was indeed awful on Thursday; that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a very good player for some time now.

I would agree with elite corners need to make those as they are big plays.

I recall Gilmore making more of those plays as a rookie or with a cast on his thumb than his last 6-8 games.

How do you spell P-R-E-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-O-N M-O-D-E?

He flat out turtled or chose not to engage on several occasions last Thursday. I don't know what else to make of it.

Sunday and every game thereafter this year will tell you the answer. I believe he is above average and should be paid above the average for CBs.

Well, for this year anyway, he's getting the 4th highest CB salary in the league. We obviously thought enough of his earlier career showing to pick up that 5th year option, but he's not doing anything to secure that faith based on two games this year.

The picture you paint of the team lacking talent is horribly wrong. I get the 16 years of frustration, but distortions such as this do not reflect reality.

Let's play a game!

It's called "Pick your DL"

To make it easy, I'll limit it to the 4 teams in the AFCE:

Patriots - Sheard, knighton, brown, ninkovich, mcclellin, long, flowes, branch, valentinr

Bills - Williams, Bryant, worthy, Washington, Douzable

Fish - Wake, Williams, Suh, phillips, jones, warmsley, branch, fede

Jets - Williams, mclendon, wilkerson, jenkins, simon, richardson

Pick the one you want in THAT list.

Let's play a game!

It's called "Pick your DL"

To make it easy, I'll limit it to the 4 teams in the AFCE:

Patriots - Sheard, knighton, brown, ninkovich, mcclellin, long, flowes, branch, valentinr

Bills - Williams, Bryant, worthy, Washington, Douzable

Fish - Wake, Williams, Suh, phillips, jones, warmsley, branch, fede

Jets - Williams, mclendon, wilkerson, jenkins, simon, richardson

Pick the one you want in THAT list.

Is that the only position group that makes up a football team? Nope! Stop cherry picking.

Is that the only position group that makes up a football team? Nope! Stop cherry picking.

The point of my previous post was "outside players are not as valuable when there's a lack of talent on the inside." So, do I think the Bills should plunk down a mountain of cash on Gilmore? Hell no, I don't. They need to invest that money on the front 7.

The point of my previous post was "outside players are not as valuable when there's a lack of talent on the inside." So, do I think the Bills should plunk down a mountain of cash on Gilmore? Hell no, I don't. They need to invest that money on the front 7.

I notice you conveniently left out Dareus and Shaq who both should be back at some juncture this season. They also have Ragland to look forward to in '17.

I notice you conveniently left out Dareus and Shaq who both should be back at some juncture this season. They also have Ragland to look forward to in '17.

Yeah, I left Dareus out. Because he can't be relied upon long term. Who knows what the pre-draft-injured one will do? No one. Same thing with ragland.

no?

NO DB can cover single forever. If there's no pass rush, there's zero chance of long term success. Same on offense, but in the inverse. Who cares if WR are open if the QB is sacked in 1.25 seconds?

And which of those applies to this team on a consistent basis?

The answer is neither

Yeah, I left Dareus out. Because he can't be relied upon long term. Who knows what the pre-draft-injured one will do? No one. Same thing with ragland.

How many of the opponents' personnel you listed can be relied upon long term? I see many who are question marks in the long term. Your comparisons are shaky at best.