How is Watkins?

gjv001

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon now rags, you were there--he's getting open

ive seen Woods more open than Sammy so far this year. And Sammy seems to be having lingering injury issues IMO. He's been off the field on key drives like the final 3 possessions last week when the game was on the line. And he has been seen limping, etc while he has played. In my opinion, if it's him or the coaching staff putting him out there they are wrong. He shouldn't be on the field at this time. He's clearly not doing anything to make it worth it. Apparently the Jets thought Goodwin was more of a threat and put Revis on him so what's that tell you about Sammy?

ive seen Woods more open than Sammy so far this year. And Sammy seems to be having lingering injury issues IMO. He's been off the field on key drives like the final 3 possessions last week when the game was on the line. And he has been seen limping, etc while he has played. In my opinion, if it's him or the coaching staff putting him out there they are wrong. He shouldn't be on the field at this time. He's clearly not doing anything to make it worth it. Apparently the Jets thought Goodwin was more of a threat and put Revis on him so what's that tell you about Sammy?

I agree that he's clearly not at full speed, but that's life in the NFL as you know.

He probably feels that he can be effective in the same way he was last season when he wasn't 100%.

IMO the reason Revis wasn't on Sammy is that Sammy has really never had any trouble getting open against him, and flat-out abused him 1-on-1 in week 17 last year.

I agree that he's clearly not at full speed, but that's life in the NFL as you know.

He probably feels that he can be effective in the same way he was last season when he wasn't 100%.

IMO the reason Revis wasn't on Sammy is that Sammy has really never had any trouble getting open against him, and flat-out abused him 1-on-1 in week 17 last year.

imo, Revis just happened to be lined up where ever he lined up and they weren't worried about Sammy. It's clear that he's not 100% and teams aren't scared of him.

Sammy says he is fine, Rex keeps tossing the INJ stuff out there, the excuses are all set

this. Sammy is hurt. Rex says he can't play Sammys rep is saved again. Thanks Rex.

good WRs and open WRs usually warrant the ball being thrown to them. It also helps to be in the field and not being used as a decoy because you have a boo boo foot.

Mrags, I agree with you good and open WRs warrant the ball being thrown to them, but a QB who can and will throw the ball has to be back there.

Last year I watched every game coach's film, and condensed game in slo mo. Sammy was open a ton, sometimes 'college open', and Taylor didn't target him. I have not watched coach's film this year because there's only so much I can take - I would pretty much rather clean a bus station bathroom by licking it (and that's not on my bucket list) than watch all-22 of the crap I saw on TV - but from what I see on TV, Sammy is open, he's not getting targets. Woods is even more open and Clay also, though I'm currently grading Clay "D" for "doesn't bother to look for the ball".

The thing is, until and unless we have a QB who is willing to sling it, it's kind of a moot point if Sammy is "boom" or "bust", we'll never know.

If you're correct that maybe Sammy is dogging it and saving himself for his next team, he's making a Bad Career Move 'cuz just like Mario, dogging it gets to be a habit and habits get hard to break. I do think he deserves some benefit of doubt at this point, 'cuz there's a buttload of nerve endings in the feet (torturers love feet) and Toradol only goes so far. But yeah, sooner or later if he's not on the field enough or not 100% on the field, the Bills have to move on.

Did you catch Anthony Lynn quote on Sammy Watkins getting ball more? "That's been a focus, but it's also a focus for Sammy to get on the practice field." That sounded like a warning shot across the bow to me.

Friday is the main practice day and I think it was Chris brown who said today that he will be on a reduced practice regimen for rest of season with practice either Thursday OR Friday.

It did sound like a challenge from ALynn. Reminds me of when he took a public shot at Bryce Brown when he skipped OTAs.

If Salas can't go with the groin then he's kitty. Woods played with that all year last year. But activate Dez Lewis if necessary.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Mrags, I agree with you good and open WRs warrant the ball being thrown to them, but a QB who can and will throw the ball has to be back there.

Last year I watched every game coach's film, and condensed game in slo mo. Sammy was open a ton, sometimes 'college open', and Taylor didn't target him. I have not watched coach's film this year because there's only so much I can take - I would pretty much rather clean a bus station bathroom by licking it (and that's not on my bucket list) than watch all-22 of the crap I saw on TV - but from what I see on TV, Sammy is open, he's not getting targets. Woods is even more open and Clay also, though I'm currently grading Clay "D" for "doesn't bother to look for the ball".

The thing is, until and unless we have a QB who is willing to sling it, it's kind of a moot point if Sammy is "boom" or "bust", we'll never know.

If you're correct that maybe Sammy is dogging it and saving himself for his next team, he's making a Bad Career Move 'cuz just like Mario, dogging it gets to be a habit and habits get hard to break. I do think he deserves some benefit of doubt at this point, 'cuz there's a buttload of nerve endings in the feet (torturers love feet) and Toradol only goes so far. But yeah, sooner or later if he's not on the field enough or not 100% on the field, the Bills have to move on.

Did you catch Anthony Lynn quote on Sammy Watkins getting ball more? "That's been a focus, but it's also a focus for Sammy to get on the practice field." That sounded like a warning shot across the bow to me.

that shot across the bow is extremely similar to (I know you don't want to hear it) my buddy who has spoken with a bills trainer and has also made comments similar.

The problem is, Taylor does sling it. That's pretty much what he's best at. The Bills led the league last year in big plays. Unfortunately they led the league in 3 and outs to go with it. Maybe the last 2 games had terrible game plans. Maybe Roman truly was terrible. Or maybe it's Rex limiting this offense. Maybe it's Tyrod can't get through his reads and has regressed. Maybe the plan is to have Sammy be a decoy as he's got a boo boo foot. Maybe Sammy isn't open. Or maybe Tyrods faith in Sammy has slipped. It probably doesn't help that Sammy wasn't able to work out with Tyrod and practice because Sammy had.... Another injury in the offseason.

Only time will tell with all of this.

My opinion is that Sammy is a piece of trash off the field and on the field he's often injured/hurt. I believe he doesn't want to be here and is playing his way out of Buffalo because I don't believe he could actually be as bad as his statistics have shown this season so far.

Again, these are my opinions. I don't believe anyone else should agree with me or believe them for any reason. I've been on record for other players in the past and been justified. It hurts to say it but I feel ill be right about Sammy.

But I also feel were shot as a team and have been since the Giants loss last year. I don't believe this coaching staff, GM, front office, or even Owners have any idea what they are doing. The only thing we have going for us is that we have a team and they won't be going anywhere as long as TPegs is alive. But he is nothing more than an average fan but with Billions. It would be like if you or me bought the team.

much respect to your SIL. Nurses have a tough job in prison. First of all the inmates never get to see women that much in person so when they do, they usually act like worse scum than they normally are. Here's a secret tho. Most of the ones that claim to be crazy really aren't. They are usually just evil and that makes them even more even because they act that way to play games with everyone. Working in a prison you learn to figure out who is evil, who is playing games, and who is just plain being an @$$hole because they want to.

I don't remember what side of the fence you were in about Stevie but I'll say this, he was much better than Watkins is and numbers prove it.

Not a chance

that shot across the bow is extremely similar to (I know you don't want to hear it) my buddy who has spoken with a bills trainer and has also made comments similar.

The problem is, Taylor does sling it. That's pretty much what he's best at. The Bills led the league last year in big plays. Unfortunately they led the league in 3 and outs to go with it. Maybe the last 2 games had terrible game plans. Maybe Roman truly was terrible. Or maybe it's Rex limiting this offense. Maybe it's Tyrod can't get through his reads and has regressed. Maybe the plan is to have Sammy be a decoy as he's got a boo boo foot. Maybe Sammy isn't open. Or maybe Tyrods faith in Sammy has slipped. It probably doesn't help that Sammy wasn't able to work out with Tyrod and practice because Sammy had.... Another injury in the offseason.

Only time will tell with all of this.

My opinion is that Sammy is a piece of trash off the field and on the field he's often injured/hurt. I believe he doesn't want to be here and is playing his way out of Buffalo because I don't believe he could actually be as bad as his statistics have shown this season so far.

Again, these are my opinions. I don't believe anyone else should agree with me or believe them for any reason. I've been on record for other players in the past and been justified. It hurts to say it but I feel ill be right about Sammy.

But I also feel were shot as a team and have been since the Giants loss last year. I don't believe this coaching staff, GM, front office, or even Owners have any idea what they are doing. The only thing we have going for us is that we have a team and they won't be going anywhere as long as TPegs is alive. But he is nothing more than an average fan but with Billions. It would be like if you or me bought the team.

A lot to agree with here, especially the last point of feeling the coaches FO etc aren't competent. For me the breaking point was watching the Bills:Ravens on Sunday afternoon then the NE game that night, with NE playing without Brady, Gronk, 3 starting OLmen and Ninkovitch and not seeming to miss a beat. That's major league and we're just bush league, is how I felt. it broke me as a fan, I could hear a cracking noise and I started to list to the right. We can argue if Taylor's improved or regressed or if Sammy is getting targets or Lynn will be better at OC than Roman, but under this management it really all seems pathetically like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. You can shape them like a nifty double heart (awwww!) but we all know the end of the story: that ship's goin' DOWN.

Saying Taylor does sling it and led the league in big plays does NOT contradict the point several have made of Watkins and Woods and Clay often being open and not targeted. Taylor has a gun, true, and he'll aim it deep and fire or aim it down the sidelines, but he doesn't seem to aim it at the guys wide open in the middle of the field, especially medium yardage. Sometimes it's a "can't" when he rolls out and now the OL and defenders are blocking his throw, but sometimes it seems to be a "don't" or a "won't" - either Tyrod doesn't seem to read the whole field, or he won't step up into a clear passing lane and instead flushes, or he just goes for a safer "dump off" when there's an open guy with big yards ahead. Maybe he's afraid he can't read the safety and he'll get picked? It's really maddening.

I hope you're wrong about Sammy. As far as bad statistics so far this season, last season in the 1st game Sammy had 1 target for 0 receptions, 3rd game 2 targets for 1 reception. Looking at film of both, he was open, sometimes "college open". So I don't know what's going on, but lots of folks I respect have said he was wide open at times both games this season. Off-season, he did have the Jones fracture pin so I can't fault him for going with the prescribed regimen, but didn't Taylor even mention he needed to get out and throw with Sammy to get their timing down? and if Sammy's trying to rest his foot, there goes their game of catch. Even if there's no malingering, it still impacts Tyrod's confidence in Sammy as a target.

Go Bills!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Yeah. I lost my faith in this team last year when we were embarrassed by the Giants.

I think I've mentioned this in here in the past but I left that game early that day. First time I've ever left a game early in my life and I've had season tickets since 2006. When I left, I was stopped at the gate by security and was told I could not leave yet. We were waiting for a reason as to why and all the sudden a cart came from around the corner. In the cart was Pegula, Whaley, Brandon and someone else. At that point I realized that I didn't feel bad for leaving. If the owner and his FO of idiots could leave that turd sandwhich early then I could.

I don't have faith in almost any of the players either in the same respect. They are all worthless. The majority of them (in the NFL) are nothing more than criminals and drug addicts. Whiny little millionaires at 24 years old and have no idea how to act like an adult, role model, civilized person.

Yeah. I lost my faith in this team last year when we were embarrassed by the Giants.

I think I've mentioned this in here in the past but I left that game early that day. First time I've ever left a game early in my life and I've had season tickets since 2006. When I left, I was stopped at the gate by security and was told I could not leave yet. We were waiting for a reason as to why and all the sudden a cart came from around the corner. In the cart was Pegula, Whaley, Brandon and someone else. At that point I realized that I didn't feel bad for leaving. If the owner and his FO of idiots could leave that turd sandwhich early then I could.

I don't have faith in almost any of the players either in the same respect. They are all worthless. The majority of them (in the NFL) are nothing more than criminals and drug addicts. Whiny little millionaires at 24 years old and have no idea how to act like an adult, role model, civilized person.

well Sir I thinks its time for you to move on.

let me say that i stopped following the Bills for almost ten years. it was not that hard either. Then i stopped watching football.

Maybe you need the break.

Maybe more Folks than you need a break. If you are unhappy move on.

I mean this in the most compassionate sincere way. We dont live long enough to spend our time unhappy about our surroundings

well Sir I thinks its time for you to move on.

let me say that i stopped following the Bills for almost ten years. it was not that hard either. Then i stopped watching football.

Maybe you need the break.

Maybe more Folks than you need a break. If you are unhappy move on.

I mean this in the most compassionate sincere way. We dont live long enough to spend our time unhappy about our surroundings

i understand your point. And I believe it. I'm still a fan and I still go to games. I still enjoy meeting up with others over a grill and a few beers 8 weeks a year.

I don't enjoy talking football anymore really. The Bills are terrible and I've come to grips with it. The owner is a cry baby that has no idea what he's doing. His FO is incompetent. His head coach is a bafoon.

Move on? I always enjoy watching the games. But now I have other things to cheer for. Like losses until this ship is burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. Hopefully, next time it's done right.

i understand your point. And I believe it. I'm still a fan and I still go to games. I still enjoy meeting up with others over a grill and a few beers 8 weeks a year.

I don't enjoy talking football anymore really. The Bills are terrible and I've come to grips with it. The owner is a cry baby that has no idea what he's doing. His FO is incompetent. His head coach is a bafoon.

Move on? I always enjoy watching the games. But now I have other things to cheer for. Like losses until this ship is burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch. Hopefully, next time it's done right.

I am not sure i understand your state of being honestly.

Sure the camaraderie with fellow Billsers. But if the experience causes you or any other person consternation you should consider your health first.

I will have no issue stopping football again. Heck ! i do not even watch games besides Bills anymore.

But if it is negative energy ? I don't need it. and maybe you don't either?

Edited by 3rdand12

Sure the camaraderie with fellow Billsers. But if the experience causes you or any other person consternation you should consider your health first.

I will have no issue stopping football again. Heck ! i do not even watch games besides Bills anymore.

You can always come tailgate without putting yourself through all the anguish of going to the game...

The trade to move up for Sammy was a bust. Now it is getting near time to put the bust label on him as well. He's made of glass. He's been a complete non-factor in over half the games he has played. Seriously outplayed by a number of others drafted after him. And he cost us an extra first and I think a 4th.

Cut you hair little girl and start playing like a man.

The trade to move up for Sammy was a bust. Now it is getting near time to put the bust label on him as well. He's made of glass. He's been a complete non-factor in over half the games he has played. Seriously outplayed by a number of others drafted after him. And he cost us an extra first and I think a 4th.

Cut you hair little girl and start playing like a man.

Get a QB to throw him the ball.

i don't. That's why I don't let things bother me. It's a business to me now. I'm emotionally removed. At least for the time being. As I've said, I don't have any faith in this team or ownership or front office. If they happen to do well, great, if not, I expected chaos.

I'm not the one (and I'm not saying you) that is getting all bent out of shape about other people's opinions about Sammy or any other player. It seems to me that people here (again, not you, or anyone in general, just as a whole) think about this team and the players with their heart and not their brains. If you look at them from a statistical standpoint it becomes more clear.