Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

Seriously. I'm old enough to remember when everyone here was thankful for the Pegulas keeping the team in Buffalo.

Now he's a laughingstock and noone would want to take his millions to play or coach here.

Dear whiners, please ensure you collect all your tears in an airtight container and send them to The Buffalo News attention: Timmah Graham. He drinks them to stay alive during the week.

That is all.

LOL

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To take what Boat said one step further....I equivilate it to a mechanic trying to figure out a energy drain problem in a car......before you completely rewire the thing that is gonna require thousands to fix....you first replace fuses.....then the battery......and so on and so on to see if THAT is not the problem first.

I agree with that. It's too early for a total tear down. Ryan is two games into his second season. But something needed to change. It's possible to fix things and get better as an offense. The Bills aren't totally devoid of talent, and should be more productive on O. They need to find out if TT can be an NFL QB . Maybe they felt Roman was taking the wrong approach or his style didn't mesh. As they say, stay tuned.

It seems something like this. The owners are not happy with the offense, going back to last season.

The owners (let's call them Terry and Kim)...were not happy with the number one ru offense the Bills had last year and the Pro Bowl (I know, I know) QB that was part of it and a nearly 3 PPG bump?

What do you think these two football minds were specifically concerned with after their comprehensive review of the offense this winter?

Well maybe that's why they wanted to keep Schwartz to ease the transition.

Maybe, but pretty naive to think he might stick around. Most of these coaches ( save for Wade Phillips maybe) are married to their systems . Its what they know and believe in. Kind of like hoping oil and water might mix.

The owners (let's call them Terry and Kim)...were not happy with the number one ru offense the Bills had last year and the Pro Bowl (I know, I know) QB that was part of it and a nearly 3 PPG bump?

What do you think these two football minds were specifically concerned with after their comprehensive review of the offense this winter?

They probably felt like we did.....that a training camp as the unquestioned starter and another year in the system would mean better results?

Has it been 2 years for that decision?

I don't understand your question. I don't think you need any years. I think it's a bad to have owners disregard the top choices of their top football lieutenants. I don't need any amount of time to come up with that opinion. Don't you?

That doesn't change that I'm glad the team is still in Buffalo.

perceived

Of course. We all have different opinions. But if someone thinks the Pegulas have made a grave error, I don't expect fans to bite their tongue and bow down.

Edited by jmc12290

We don't know. We know from reports that the Pegulas had concerns about the offense dating back to last season. If I had to guess, it would be the lack of targets for Sammmy Watkins ( when he was targeted a lot for awhile last season he tore it up) , the QB not using the middle of the field. Lack of urgency in 2 minute situations. No offensive identity. Offense sells tickets, and the NFL is now a passing league. The Bills were the top rushing team, but had far more attempts than most teams. As owners, I'd guess that they know this. Fans want to see passing and points. I know, they want wins too . If they were happy with the Offense I'm pretty sure Roman would still be here.

I don't understand your question. I don't think you need any years. I think it's a bad to have owners disregard the top choices of their top football lieutenants. I don't need any amount of time to come up with that opinion. Don't you?

The Pegulas hired Rex last season. Are you suggesting they should fire him after 18 games?

Too my knowledge he has been radio silent. IMO unusal for a general manager of a NFL team after a major coaching change is made. maybe it is because of the reporting structure. which in itself is unusual IMO. But you would think after Roman was canned he would have said something to support his head coaches decision. Yea maybe i am reading too much onto this but the organization seems quite dysfunctional. I'll ask again why didn't Rex can Roman in the off season and give the new OC some time? It's not like Roman called a single crap game and he is now out of the picture.

The reporting structure is a new NFL trend. Successful teams like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle and the NY Giants also operate this way.

This is a more reasonable stance than firing Ryan two games into a 5 year deal .

Thank you. Clearly we're in a quagmire now, because there's finger-pointing. But the root of all of this was the Pegula's call to go with Rex. And they should shoulder some of the blame for the dysfunction that resulted thereof.

Edited by jmc12290

They probably felt like we did.....that a training camp as the unquestioned starter and another year in the system would mean better results?

You're talking about TT? I'm talking about Roman and the entire offense.

We don't know. We know from reports that the Pegulas had concerns about the offense dating back to last season. If I had to guess, it would be the lack of targets for Sammmy Watkins ( when he was targeted a lot for awhile last season he tore it up) , the QB not using the middle of the field. Lack of urgency in 2 minute situations. No offensive identity. Offense sells tickets, and the NFL is now a passing league. The Bills were the top rushing team, but had far more attempts than most teams. As owners, I'd guess that they know this. Fans want to see passing and points. I know, they want wins too . If they were happy with the Offense I'm pretty sure Roman would still be here.

We hear this. We don't know it. Anyway, you really think Terry and Kim we sitting round at any point last winter wondering why the QB was not using the middle of the field? Or the lack of targets for Sammy (he only played 13 games and had almost 100)? Or the 2 minute urgency? Seems fairly dubious.

This more and more...doubtful.

Of course. We all have different opinions. But if someone thinks the Pegulas have made a grave error, I don't expect fans to bite their tongue and bow down.

Maybe they're trying to piss of Ryan so he'll quit. Then they wouldn't have to pay him the rest of his contract.

Maybe they're trying to piss of Ryan so he'll quit. Then they wouldn't have to pay him the rest of his contract.

I honestly can't imagine how pissed off I'd need to be to walk away from $15 million. But I will challenge you all to this discovery.