Was Sunday our Offense's tune up?

gjv001

The Bills starting Offense did not get many reps in the preseason. Everyone was preoccupied with injuries and fatigue. So much so that the Offense that played Sunday never had one snap in preseason. Perhaps Sunday's abysmal performance was a result of the candy ass preseason for the Offense. On the other hand, Baltimore's Offense is at best mediocre. I'm curious to see how our defense performs against a better Offense.

The Bills starting Offense did not get many reps in the preseason. Everyone was preoccupied with injuries and fatigue. So much so that the Offense that played Sunday never had one snap in preseason. Perhaps Sunday's abysmal performance was a result of the candy ass preseason for the Offense. On the other hand, Baltimore's Offense is at best mediocre. I'm curious to see how our defense performs against a better Offense.

I do think it will end up being the worst statistical game we have all year. Not sure if that's agreeing with how you think it was so bad - but IMO we'll show much much better.

I don't think offense really works that way. It's not a switch that you can just turn on. What I saw was an uprepared mess that is going to take a lot of time to fix, if at all. The problems begin and end with the offensive line. For too long they've been held together with tape and glue. Incognito played out of his mind last year and maybe this year he's coming back down to Earth. Wood is an average center at best and was really helped last season by the way Incognito was playing. Glenn seems more hurt than we realized. That ankle will probably hinder him all season. The right side of the line is a mess. Miller may one day develop into a starting level guard, but the fact that they've had to start him for the past two seasons indicates how thin the Bills are on line. The RT position speaks for itself. Both regulars show flashes, but are inconsistent.

When the offensive line doesn't hold up their end the rest of the offense is ineffective. Without the time to throw deep Tyrod's inaccuracy in the short game is evident. Without the passing threat defenses can feel free to cheat up in the running game and we've seen the result of that plenty of times in the past. Maybe a more physical back could have hung in and gotten the tough yards. Maybe not. The receivers on our team are simply not good enough. Sammy is great, but it's evident he's not 100%. Robert Woods just doesn't have it. I so badly wanted him to, but whether it's just the system he's in or a lack of ability it's just not clicking for him. The rest of our receivers would struggle to make most rosters in the NFL.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I don't think the two have anything IN. Common.

why do you say that? I find it to be quite an INteresting observation.

I'm not sure that's how it works. Week 1 counts we are 0-1

INsightful

I agree completely. Week 1 counts for sure. IN Rex's defense, Tyrod may have INevitably been quite nervous IN his first real post-contract action, and the pre-season INactivity could have hINdered his performance.

You sir are a Wordsmith IN my book.

I'll jump IN and agree with this

Apparently all of you are INept when it comes this team.

Let us hope so!

I don't think offense really works that way. It's not a switch that you can just turn on. What I saw was an uprepared mess that is going to take a lot of time to fix, if at all. The problems begin and end with the offensive line. For too long they've been held together with tape and glue. Incognito played out of his mind last year and maybe this year he's coming back down to Earth. Wood is an average center at best and was really helped last season by the way Incognito was playing. Glenn seems more hurt than we realized. That ankle will probably hinder him all season. The right side of the line is a mess. Miller may one day develop into a starting level guard, but the fact that they've had to start him for the past two seasons indicates how thin the Bills are on line. The RT position speaks for itself. Both regulars show flashes, but are inconsistent.

When the offensive line doesn't hold up their end the rest of the offense is ineffective. Without the time to throw deep Tyrod's inaccuracy in the short game is evident. Without the passing threat defenses can feel free to cheat up in the running game and we've seen the result of that plenty of times in the past. Maybe a more physical back could have hung in and gotten the tough yards. Maybe not. The receivers on our team are simply not good enough. Sammy is great, but it's evident he's not 100%. Robert Woods just doesn't have it. I so badly wanted him to, but whether it's just the system he's in or a lack of ability it's just not clicking for him. The rest of our receivers would struggle to make most rosters in the NFL.

The line was brutal... even INcognito whiffed on a few...

Well when Harbagh played SB against SF and Romans Offense they stopped them pretty well, and Tyrod having played with Ravens for 4 years Harbagh probably had good insight and a solid plan to make life difficult of Tyrod. Sure looked like he flustered him.