Who helped themselves and who hurt themselves...

Dopey

Helped:

- Hughes was the best bill on the field

- Ravens - may have helped provide a blueprint to the league on how to shut Tyrod down. (Pin him in the pocket with upfield rush, drop safeties to take the deep pass away, stack everyone else on the line playing run)

- defense : I'm not buying this defense is any different than last season, but many seem to think they are fixed now

- Douzable : May have been second best in a bills jersey

- Colton Schmitt was outstanding

Hurt:

- gronk block whiffing just got Felton his job back

- Duke exposed himself as the WR matchup every team will try to get

- Tyrod... He may have played the worst game as a pro

- Sammy : actually may be hurt

- Bush: aweful as a RB

- Roman: swing pass, sweep, screen... Repeat... B'more was all over it ALL DAY LONG

- special teams: missed field goals, frequent penalties... Nfg

Couldn't watch the game yesterday. I know during the preseason games there were threads on who helped and who hurt themselves with regard to making the final roster. Anyone care to give a write-up? I hear Hughes was solid. Thanks.

Apparently Sammy Watkins hurt himself.

Well certainly the Goodwin legend was not diminished at all.

Darby and Gilmore got slapped around, literally, by little Stevie. He was playing them Overall, secondary was not elite.

What are you talking about? I really question whether you watch the games. Other than Duke blowing coverage what more did you want them to do? Without that miscue, flacco would have had under 200 yards. And they were good in run support.

The Perriman bomb was a perfect throw. I'm trying to think of what else they gave up.

And how did Steve Smith slap them around, literally or figuratively? Him and Gilmore had a shoving match which saw Smith walk away first. Was it the whopping 19 yards receiving?

What are you talking about? I really question whether you watch the games. Other than Duke blowing coverage what more did you want them to do? Without that miscue, flacco would have had under 200 yards. And they were good in run support.

The Perriman bomb was a perfect throw. I'm trying to think of what else they gave up.

And how did Steve Smith slap them around, literally or figuratively? Him and Gilmore had a shoving match which saw Smith walk away first. Was it the whopping 19 yards receiving?

The Wallace bomb you mean??? The Perriman play was like what 25 yds?

Well certainly the Goodwin legend was not diminished at all.

Darby and Gilmore got slapped around, literally, by little Stevie. He was playing them Overall, secondary was not elite.

5 catches, 19 yards. Yeah, he really slapped them around good.

It was absolutely perfect coverage by Gilmore. Beautiful catch and one he'll never forget.

It was a hell of a play by both. That was good football.

Z Brown and Preston did well. ILBs looked solid to me .Robey coleman struggled D Williams too. Graham was fine.

Hughes is the man. Alexander played well enough and better then I expected. The DL rotation was not spectacular but decent. assignments were carried out. saw nothing from Washington but thats not a bad thing either.

Offense

just bad. everyone was bad. Even Cogs missed assignments in PP. Eric Wood had a poor game imo. and Miller didn't.

Tyrod looked like EJ under pressure.

yep it was bad.

But not a reason to give up. Or feakin fire everyone !

Thursday had best be a spike in performance from the Offense. jets are goin to copy/play the Ravens defense after sunday.

But Bills D might take advantage of the Fitz.

They might have to.

According to twitter, Sammy hurt himself.

Ooch bamm biff poww .

My poor tootsies.

He will play and damned well like it

Well, the list is pretty obvious I think:

Helped

K Williams- looked fully recovered, which is very good news with no Dareus.

Hughes- looked like the player from 2014

Kouandjio- the one good thing from the preseason that still looked good. Hope he can keep it up now that Glenn is hurt.

Hurt

Taylor- looked confused and hesitant all game.

McCoy- broke everything possible to the sidelines. CJ Spiller 2.0

Roman- game plan fell flat, got the play calls in late per Chris Brown and made 0 adjustments that made any difference.

Schmidt- punted everything into the end zone possible. Netted 15 yards on one punt.

Carpenter- needed to match Tucker- instead missed tying FG and almost missed the extra point too.

Duke Williams- smoked on Ravens TD.

Gronkowski- so good he got cut.

Edited by vincec