Head Coaching Candidates

yungmack

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT....we have continuity!! i do not remember who screamed it. the ryan brothers make us sadly..all new and improved keystone cops. it is just sad how we continue to flounder. we are basically a junior varsity team. we need a coach that will make EVERY roster spot an open challenge a la jimmy johnson or parcells.

I just want the next person to take what we have and get the best out of them. I'm tired of them hiring people who need to "bring in their type of guys" to "run their system". That's the problem. Every 3-5 years we change offensive systems and defensive systems. Constant churn of personnel.

1 - Brandon needs to go yesterday... even before whaley or rex. He's part of that toxic ralph regime that was all about money.

2 - Good luck... qualified candidates aren't unemployed.

3 - Tough to find. Coaches in the NFL are measured on championship success, not innovation. If you won one, you can keep getting jobs. They also have to want to coach in buffalo, which is a problem.

4 - There isn't a ton of value in this. In the NFL where only portions of contracts are guaranteed, teams would rather keep their picks and bid on free agents.

5 - I believe in this mantra mostly because most of the teams who are good year in, and year out did not bottom out/tank.

6 - We just drafted a QB project. We do need someone to suit up next year - this isn't something we can readily address right off the bat. TT will probably be back like it or not.

I'd say give Rex another year TBH. he's coached us for 17 games.

1. We agree,

2. I agree with you. There has to be someone there who would like the opportunity to sculpt a football program and legacy. Offer plenty of money and plenty of autonomy and budget.

3. A good coach may be willing to come to Buffalo with new management and a large window where their job is safe and they have an opportunity to install their schemes and acquire personnel

4. Yes, I agree. Trading and unloading is hard. Any opportunities though should be explored anyways.

5. We agree. Trade down, get quantity

6. As far as Cardale goes... the "mobile" quarterback was in and out of style in 2012. This teams' new leaders would/should recognize where the league is going and set the trends or keep up with them. The bills historically always seem years late to the party (Wild Cat, mobile QBs, run and stop the run, passing league, etc). *If the team bottoms out, they will not commit those huge sums on money to Tyrod. He'll be gone.

Ultimately, my biggest issue is #1. Wholesale systemic change is desperately needed. This Franchise in 50 years has 1 NFL playoff win outside the Jim Kelly years. Nothing is worth salvaging and they are in such desperate need for an Outside executive/voice. Changing out Rex Ryan and allowing Pegula/Brandon/Whaley select another coach again is getting us no closer. I would rather just ride it out with Ryan.

Edited by May Day 10

I'm inclined to take an offensive guy. Of the current NFL OC's, the one guy I'm intrigued by is Jim Bob Cooter. He's only 32 but he's got Matt Stafford playing some of the best football of his career.

Same predicament with Dowell Loggains in Chicago. Only 35 but between him and Adam Gase, they got a very solid year out of Jay Cutler.

JB also has a pretty entertaining off the field resume, and amusing name -- so when things go bad, there will be good material for jokes.

14 NFL teams are 1-0. 14 teams are 0-1. I wonder how many of the 0-1 teams have threads like this already on their "fan" sites

Do you all work for WGR or TBN?

It's not the 0-1 record, it's the horrific way the game was lost, with the same bad in-game coaching decisions and inept game planning. By far the worst season opener I've seen, so bad it smacked of a preseason snoozer.

It's not the 0-1 record, it's the horrific way the game was lost, with the same bad in-game coaching decisions and inept game planning. By far the worst season opener I've seen, so bad it smacked of a preseason snoozer.

Correct. I expected a loss but the nature of the performance was disappointing.

14 NFL teams are 1-0. 14 teams are 0-1. I wonder how many of the 0-1 teams have threads like this already on their "fan" sites?

Do you all work for WGR or TBN?

Do all 14 of them have a coach who has seen no success in half a decade and just hired his brother who is coming off a string of failures?