Sammy 6 targets Sunday

chef4131

Outside of Sammy, we the receiving options are pretty weak.

Not to hi jack this thread. But does Roman have some personal beef with Charles Clay?

Tight ends were intregal when he had success in SF. Yesterday Clay had 3 targets. One of them

The days best play was a broken one with Tyrod finding Clay for a 33 yard gain. After that nothing. The price for Clay was

Pretty high. you got the feeling he was going to be a huge contributor for a team that for years

Forgot the position exsisted. Can't say how Clay did on run blocking but judging by the total run

Yardage and the o-line a perceived team strength ( Glen injury aside) that unit may be the biggest

Surprise of the day.

Sammy seemed to be open a lot his lack of targets was frustrating. DItto Robert Woods.

Roman doesn't have beef with any of his receiving options. The problem is that TT has beef with throwing on time and to anyone other than his first option.

Not to hi jack this thread. But does Roman have some personal beef with Charles Clay?

Tight ends were intregal when he had success in SF. Yesterday Clay had 3 targets. One of them

The days best play was a broken one with Tyrod finding Clay for a 33 yard gain. After that nothing. The price for Clay was

Pretty high. you got the feeling he was going to be a huge contributor for a team that for years

Forgot the position exsisted. Can't say how Clay did on run blocking but judging by the total run

Yardage and the o-line a perceived team strength ( Glen injury aside) that unit may be the biggest

Surprise of the day.

Sammy seemed to be open a lot his lack of targets was frustrating. DItto Robert Woods.

Woods, Clay, and McCoy should be more than "good enough" secondary options. The problem is we dont even bother with our primary WR.

Sammy needs to make the most of his limited targets. The drops hurt.

Outside of the "drop" where he had 3 guys hanging on him, knocking the ball out, I can't think of any others?

The offense ran 48 total plays. They have to convert 1st downs to sustain drives for his targets to increase. Bottom line is bad game planning and bad quarterbacking.

(Unfortunately) Perfect summation of what happened yesterday.

when does Sammy complain about lack of targets?

My hope is that Sammy ripped Roman and Tyrod a new one yesterday and does it again in the film room.

Our fourth best wide receiver from last season looks pretty good on a new team.

The receivers are not just fine - they're good. It's the system and quarterback.

I'm sure they wanted to go long a few more times but things were blown up by Baltimore's pass rush. That said I think the game plan was ball control by running more and keeping the ball away from Flacco. Unfortunately the O-line couldn't open holes or pass block for schitt.

I'm sure they wanted to go long a few more times but things were blown up by Baltimore's pass rush. That said I think the game plan was ball control by running more and keeping the ball away from Flacco. Unfortunately the O-line couldn't open holes or pass block for schitt.

Tyrod had plenty of time on multiple throws. Enough for all of us to watch him pat it once... pat it again... and then do nothing with it. This is nothing more than him being indecisive, hesitant, and scared. He was waiting for guys to get open before throwing the ball instead of anticipating and throwing them open. His timing was off and he was throwing late all game, even with good protection.

When did we go long? Please refresh my memory.

How do we know this is Roman and not Tyrod?

Roman isn't throwing the football.

Well i guess it's a little of both. And probably more on Tyrod. Like someone said Tyrod wasn't even seeing his primary receiver much less going Through his progressions. With the perception shady and Bush are pretty decent receivers out of the

Backfield. Nothing yesterday utilized the type of dump off passes like too old Fred Jackson that used to work pretty

Well. That was a with all of coaches/QB's he played for while a Bill.

Throwing on a regular basis to shady doesn't seem to be a option in this offense that much. Don't understand why? Tyrod seemed to playScared yesterday against a team that we should have easily beat. Road game or not.

Man I hope Tyrod doesn't

Flame out. because going back to QB "purgatory" again will guarantee this franchise continuing its decades of continual failure.

Keeping the ball away from an average-at-best quarterback. That was a great game plan in 1971.

The saddest part of all is that you're likely right. These coaches are meathead dinosaurs stuck in the stone ages. The players and fans deserve better.