Were we the worst team playing on Sunday?

Virgil

Maybe I'm spiraling. Maybe the truth hurts. Who knows?

When I look at all the scores, even the Cleveland game, I think it's a fair argument to make that we were the worst team to play today. Yeah, one week. Yeah, away game. But did anyone think that was going to happen today? Did anyone think that was going to be an honest conversation?

The more I'm thinking about it, the more angry I'm getting at the coaching, Dareus and yes, Whaley. I believe in the talent on this team. I'm far from a homer. But I genuinely believe that a top 5 coach wins this game. In fact, I think our team wins if you just swap the coaches on the sideline.

I'm mad at Whaley for hiring Rex. I'm mad at him for not addressing the right side of the line. I'm mad at him for taking Lawson IF he knew that surgery was a likely outcome.

I'm mad at Dareus for being a selfish piece of ****.

Rex/Roman. Just !@#$ you both. No excuse to have the team show up like that today. Absolutely no excuse.

A bunch of us thought so.

A bunch of us catch hell for being " negative"

I had this a loss in a low scoring game 17-13.

I was antsy as hell until I realized the first week of the Ticket is free. I cancelled it and now I am so happy I did.

Those crappy Jets teams Rex finished with werent an aberration.

Those rotten Saints defenses didn't just happen.

These guys suck. Stupid penalties. Stupid clock management. Stupid schemes.

I haven't read the post game pressers yet. My over/ under on the worthless platitudes and cliches spewed by Rexy is 11.

We were the worst team today. I thought Rex was a great hire, but I was wrong. He showed some progress today, with the challenge on less than optimal data, and going for it on 4th down from the BAL 37 (wish he had done it from the 50 yd line in the 4th QTR). But the penalties, the lack of hustle between plays that burned TO's and cost DOG penalties, taking the last timeout in the first half to the locker room instead of making the Ravens punt.... All these tell me that my sig line is going to stand. Rex needs to go, and he needs to go now. And how about that pregame buffoon show where Ryan's swearing made Samuel L Jackson blush?

Yes.

Check out the Browns. They were worse. That's a horrible qualifier to have to rely on though. I haven't seen much of any other game except Giants v. Cowboys yet.

The Bills defense certainly played well enough to win. Giving up only 13 points should equate to a win.

Check out the Browns. They were worse. That's a horrible qualifier to have to rely on though. I haven't seen much of any other game except Giants v. Cowboys yet.

The Bills defense certainly played well enough to win. Giving up only 13 points should equate to a win.

10>7, yes?

10>7, yes?

Brilliant!

What about the teams that gave up over 30 points today? Last time I checked there were three phases that each team should be judged by.

Several teams gave up 30 and still won. We gave up 13 to an offense that looked like it was trying to give the ball away all day and we still lost by a touchdown.

I don't subscribe to this line of thought. Today's game could have easily been a shutout with 14 defensive points scored. And we wouldn't have even had to try that hard. Flacco threw a few passes right to our defensive backs and their only points came off penalties and a blown coverage deep.

I think you're underestimating how good the Ravens D line is. Their defense played tremendous.

Bad news is next are the Jets.

and they had 7 sacks against a good Cincy Oline...

Dolphins gave the Seahawks all they could handle in Seattle. NE beating the Cards in Arizona too.

Jets, Cardinals, at Patriots, at Rams, 49ers, Patriots and at Seattle all before the bye week. Really hope the offense does better.

Edited by Nihilarian

I'm mad at Whaley for hiring Rex. I'm mad

I'm not. In years past I would have been.

But I'm numb now. Its different now. I have been kinda dead this offseason, but when they hired Rob, my heart shut off. I have been following the bills since 1988, but . . . I didnt even know they have a game this thursday night until the pop-up today during the televised game. . A friend and avid bills fan was shocked at me when I told him ("how the hell could you possibly not know ???). But its . . . different . . . now.

Clown show.

We are . . . perfectly . . . irrelevant. It would be like rooting for the Buffalo Braves to win the NBA championship in 2016. , . (please dont tell me LA clippers, blah blah. I am buffalo born and raised. And went to a couple Braves games. I aint stupid. You get my point).

What's the point? Really? We are all going to kill at least 75 hours this year following the Braves, and posting about it.

Edited by maddenboy