Bills vs. Ravens Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Brown, Hughes lead strong defensive debut

hughes-brown-sidebar-9-11.jpg

Buffalo didn't get the win on Sunday, but their defense had a strong debut led by LBs Preston Brown and Jerry Hughes.

Watch: Bills Fall Short in Season Opener (2:05)
Buffalo's defense kept the game close, but the offense struggled to move ball in a 13-7 season opening loss at Baltimore.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the worst offensive play and play calling we've seen in years.

It was like watching a Dick Jauron style game. Tyrod had time in the pocket at times, yet refused to stretch the field. I kept thinking....when are the Bills going to take a shot...why aren't they taking a shot???????????? fricken maddening...

Games like this are won with one or two big plays. It felt like the Bills didn't want to make (or even try to make) a big play on offense. Seemed like they were hoping that Shady would magically break one for a touchdown.

Sorry, but even with his talent, if the defense doesn't respect your deep threat, you aren't going to be able to run the ball well enough, consistently enough, to sustain drives all the way to the endzone. It just ain't gonna happen.

Feels like the game plan for this game was pathetic. And I don't think the Ravens are a very good football team.

Feels like the Bills just lost to one of the weaker teams in the AFC. That does not spark any confidence going forward.

At this point I don't need Rex to say anything. Not today. I want the coordinators and the captains. I want Tyrod to explain why he played plain jane JV no audible boring football. Why McCoy looked slow, unsettled gdtting out od the tackles. And why we let them keep 7-8-9 players in the box. It may not have shown on TV but the ravens knew every step we made. Every coverage scheme seemed perfect. Every time the box was stacked we did what they expected

Our defense was flat, and played too far off, I'll have to rewatch it

I'm terrified to think what this board will look like if our D gets lit up next week and our offense still struggles.

And yes, I'll be in that frenzy if not leading it 😀

The Patriots are playing good right now. Go jump on their bandwagon. You get your rocks off posting negative comments every day here. You really enjoy it, it's evident.

Throw your Bills jerseys out. You are not a fan. Maybe in the 90's but not now. Ur a constant troll.

Edited by r00tabaga

@salmaiorana

Here's my Upon Further Review package. 3 things I liked, disliked about #Bills loss to Ravens....

https://t.co/L4PF3PspiL

@ChrisTrapasso

Here are my #Bills grades for Wk 1's loss to BALT. Big days for Hughes, PBrown, Miller. Bush, Gronk, Taylor struggle

https://t.co/lsOi7h2XMq

Interesting that these grades also reflect a pretty good job by the OL. Both this and PFF had decent grades for the line. Further support for the claims that gameplanning and TT were the main culprits.

Interesting that these grades also reflect a pretty good job by the OL. Both this and PFF had decent grades for the line. Further support for the claims that gameplanning and TT were the main culprits.

This may reflect why I am skeptical of "OL grades".

I would love to hear from someone who was at the game, but that is NOT what my eyes told me. I did see some holes, big ones, that our RBs refused to advantage themselves with. I also did see some pocket, sometimes, that Tyrod did not step up into. But many times, the OL was just plain pwn'ed.