Same Old Crap

Kemp

I don't know what the actual source of the problem it, so I'm just going to assume it starts at the top and works down. Barring a miracle, Brandon, Whaley, and the Coaches need to go.

At the risk of repeating myself...Brandon is here for as long as he wants the job. No sense in bringing up his future with the team.

Whaley and the coaches though are another story.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was tried before. Remember Tom Donahoe.

Closest we've ever been to the playoffs in 16 years and we've been a joke since he was fired. He wasn't the best but just because they fired Donahoe doesn't mean that they needed to abolish the position. Again, if they hired a stud HC and not Dick Jauron, they could have gotten away with having a bunch weak GMs.

At the risk of repeating myself...Brandon is here for as long as he wants the job. No sense in bringing up his future with the team.

Whaley and the coaches though are another story.

I was saying what should happen, not what will.

But since you're so sure, what makes you positive? New ownership isn't wedded to him for sure.

They need someone to head up the football program. This person would effectively wall off russ brandon once and for all. Bill polian would likely send brandon to get his coffee if he wanted to be involved.

Exactly. It is in Brandon's interest to not hire a VP of football operations. It would minimize his job a bit and he would have no more influence.

The Pegula's just named him President of the Sabres in addition to the Bills. He is going nowhere.

That makes no sense. I think it makes him more likely to be out of the Bills FO sooner rather than later. Just make him full time Sabres.

All of them did. And none of them have shown they are qualified to be making that decision. Whaley has found some good players, but he is an imposter as a GM.

The organizational philosophy of "Whaley finds the players and Rex coaches them" or whatever their mantra about "the 53" that Brandon spews in every football media session is asinine. Who is your CEO? Who is setting organizational vision? Is it Whaley? I doubt it because they've changed offensive and defensive styles several times under his watch which tells me he is not dictating anything with regards to how they play on the field. So then it would come down to the HC, but they didn't hire a HC who had any semblance of being an organizational decision maker in his background.

The point is that you can have an organizationally weak GM if you have a CEO type as your HC who will make smart decisions OFF the field and who has the clout and power to be the final decision maker, like a Pete Carroll or Bill Belichek. Conversely, you can have Rex Ryan as your HC if you have a strong GM/Team President who is making organizational decisions. For example, the idea that Ryan tried to run a combination of his defense and the Bills 2014 defense would absolutely not have happened with a strong organizational leader at the GM spot. We've just hired Rex Ryan as our coach and we aren't going to run his defensive system aka the main benefit of having him as your HC? I'm sorry, that doesn't happen with a strong GM helming the franchise.

Despite whatever OBD spews about Pegula givng an ultimatium or not in regards to playoffs and jobs. And OBD saying it's nonsense. It seems Whaley is pressing, feeling the pressure and heat. And rightly so. Reggie Bush? Among other head scrachers. add a few flat out waiver wire scrubs to plug holes who instantly become " great signings" even though they are not. That has been going on since he was promoted. Chris Williams anyone? on paper some of his acquired players seem to be talented. And are Until the bullets fly. Whaley seems to be more reactive type of a GM instead of pro active and seeing and adressing current or future positional needs. The losing team culture doesn't help. Last playoff win? 20 years that is more of a story for some than the 16 year drought. It sucks.

Many here say " I don't get the Whaley hate" WTF has he done that puts him anywhere but where he probabaly is. the bottom half of league GM's. A GM who seems to wildly swing for the fences just trying to get to the playoffs. Never mind building a team who can go deep in the playoffs and contend for years to come. After this season barring injury the Bills will be down to one signed bona fide NFL wide receiver #14. Not good.

If Tyrod flames out and hopefully he doesn't. Whaley is not the GM who I would want to attempt

To draft a franchise QB. The OBD garbage "all in" type slogans aren't fooling the entire fanbase. The franchise lacks top shelf executive leadership.maybe today's game is simply a wake up call. Because today's game looked like any of the losses last year.and rex complaining in his presser about silly penalties falls on him as much as the players. Nothing seems to have changed.

That makes no sense. I think it makes him more likely to be out of the Bills FO sooner rather than later. Just make him full time Sabres.

Of course it makes sense. The Bills have been mediocre at best for 16 seasons and look to be the same this season. Have never won the big game. Yet pack the stadium every season and I have to believe are very profitable. As an owner I'd look at that and want the person responsible making me money with the Sabres as well.

And it's not a surprise.

Pegula should've cleaned house as soon as the 2014 season ended.

He gave these guys more time and it's turning out to be an obvious mistake.

The red flag with the Pegulas is that they don't seem to learn from their mistakes. This situation is eerily similar to the mess when they took over the Sabres franchise. I find them to be overrated owners.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The red flag with the Pegulas is that they don't seem to learn from their mistakes. This situation is eerily similar to the mess when they took over the Sabres franchise. I find them to be overrated owners.

I don't think for one split second that Doug Whaley would have hired Rex Ryan if it was his call...No one could ever convince me of that unless it was Whaley himself and he was hooked up to a lie detector at the time...And even then I would think he learned how to beat the lie detector...

I don't think the Pegs are poor owners...But they need to stay out of key decisions like the Head Coach kind...Let the football people make the football decisions...You're not hiring someone based on who is the most fun to hang out with... B-)

I had no problems with Shady and thought he did well for what he was given.

I'm also not willing to sell-out Tyrod after one game. He didn't audible much meaning that they ran the called plays. The called plays were poor. There weren't guys running around free or deep. Never saw Clay run down the seam once

And repeatedly slow coming in.

For those of you who said it would be different this season. Yeah, right.

• Stupid penalties continue.
  • Rex using up time outs.
  • Tyrod doesn't look like the answer
  • Every time they run to the right, they get stuffed, but that doesn't stop them from trying
  • McCoy is no longer a great RB, despite some of you saying he will return to greatness

Zero defensive line pressure and an offense that is the opposite of dynamic.

I'll be happy when the stench of Ryan is finally gone. Yeah, they are missing a bunch of guys on defense, two from injury, but let's face it, this is a bad and a boring team and they were facing a team that almost looked equally unimpressive.

Disgusted.

6-10, anyone?

As a Bills fan for 46 years, I always watch the Bills games but today I found myself wishing I'd been watching the Raiders/Saints game or SD/KC or any of the pthermore exciting games being played at the same time. This Bills loss wasn't very entertaining at all.

Despite whatever OBD spews about Pegula givng an ultimatium or not in regards to playoffs and jobs. And OBD saying it's nonsense. It seems Whaley is pressing, feeling the pressure and heat. And rightly so. Reggie Bush? Among other head scrachers. add a few flat out waiver wire scrubs to plug holes who instantly become " great signings" even though they are not. That has been going on since he was promoted. Chris Williams anyone? on paper some of his acquired players seem to be talented. And are Until the bullets fly. Whaley seems to be more reactive type of a GM instead of pro active and seeing and adressing current or future positional needs. The losing team culture doesn't help. Last playoff win? 20 years that is more of a story for some than the 16 year drought. It sucks.

Many here say " I don't get the Whaley hate" WTF has he done that puts him anywhere but where he probabaly is. the bottom half of league GM's. A GM who seems to wildly swing for the fences just trying to get to the playoffs. Never mind building a team who can go deep in the playoffs and contend for years to come. After this season barring injury the Bills will be down to one signed bona fide NFL wide receiver #14. Not good.

If Tyrod flames out and hopefully he doesn't. Whaley is not the GM who I would want to attempt

To draft a franchise QB. The OBD garbage "all in" type slogans aren't fooling the entire fanbase. The franchise lacks top shelf executive leadership.maybe today's game is simply a wake up call. Because today's game looked like any of the losses last year.and rex complaining in his presser about silly penalties falls on him as much as the players. Nothing seems to have changed.

All this