Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost in all the complaining is that the Ravens defense was in fine form. Aggressive, and fast.

Seemed like Roman was trying to spread the field to create openings to make plays. It didn't work, because the Ravens defense was just too fast in pursuit. It was a bad game plan against that defense.

they had the perfect coverage every play. Everything they called worked. You saw it before the snap. Taylor didn't.

Sweating my ass off in the stands on that day.

It was then I knew I'd never believe he was a real starter.

...says the guy that thought that EJ Manuel was a quality starter. It's like you have waited a year for Tyrod to turn in a poor performance so that you could be active on here. He played poorly but the game plan was worse. The Bills could not move the football and it almost feels like they didn't care to. Running plays to Reggie Bush, no shots down the field, no designed runs for Tyrod, etc..

...says the guy that thought that EJ Manuel was a quality starter. It's like you have waited a year for Tyrod to turn in a poor performance so that you could be active on here. He played poorly but the game plan was worse. The Bills could not move the football and it almost feels like they didn't care to. Running plays to Reggie Bush, no shots down the field, no designed runs for Tyrod, etc..

Um, no. I've been here and criticizing tyrod since that game, DESPITE the unpopularity of my opinion.

Because I know I'm right...and I'd like to see the team move on before we waste 2 more seasons on the guy.

I could live without the deep shots in this game if the Bills consequently did something else that was highly effective due to the two deep zone employed by the Ravens. They had to have been vulnerable to something else by worrying so much about the deep balls. Did the Ravens know that " something else" was something TT is incapable of taking advantage of? It sounds like that is possible.

What I don't understand is why they seemed so unprepared for the more aggressive defense trying(successfully) to make Tyrod check it down and disrupting the run on the way to the QB.

They have 3 veteran defensive coordinators on this damn team..........did nobody think this would be what defenses threw at Tyrod?

Teams that normally play vanilla defense in the preseason were attacking Tyrod for chrissake. This should not have been a surprise.

Taylor said that Baltimore played cover 2 the entire game in order to take away the deep game. That opens up stuff underneath and the medium middle, but he's still unable to make anticipation throws to the middle of the field -- he clearly needs to see the receiver there still. I don't know if that's the routes or what, however. Back to my original point: cover 2 takes away deep games but it gives up a lot as well. The Bills simply didn't take advantage.

it almost feels like they didn't care to

There were no adjustments; just more of the same. Bootlegs, Play Actions something would have been nice.

I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I do recall a lot of 49ers fans and even their GMs kid saying Roman needed to go; wondering how much was because of poor game plans, late getting calls in etc...

Um, no. I've been here and criticizing tyrod since that game, DESPITE the unpopularity of my opinion.

Because I know I'm right...and I'd like to see the team move on before we waste 2 more seasons on the guy.

You have been consistent with your opinion but it was never reasonable to assume that EJ was better (as you did). I am still confident in Tyrod but yesterday was not his best game.

On the topic I just had a long talk with my brother who was a college QB. He knows the game really well. After going back through he couldn't believe how little they used Clay in the middle of the field with 2 high safeties. He should have had a LB on him all day and that would have been wide open.

You have been consistent with your opinion but it was never reasonable to assume that EJ was better (as you did). I am still confident in Tyrod but yesterday was not his best game.

On the topic I just had a long talk with my brother who was a college QB. He knows the game really well. After going back through he couldn't believe how little they used Clay in the middle of the field with 2 high safeties. He should have had a LB on him all day and that would have been wide open.

I just read a blurb on Buffalo Rumblings from Trapasso; Gronk was so lost as a lead blocker they were using Clay as the "defacto lead blocker later in the game" ...

Could be a reason why Clay didn't get many looks...

An athletic TE is a cover-2 beater. Anyone who plays Madden knows this. And I don't think the Ravens were in cover-2 just to "make Tyrod be a QB" - they were also protecting their crummy and injured cornerbacks. We never attacked that weakness.

What drove me mad during the Marrone years was his stubbornness even when it was obvious that what he was doing wasn't working. It drove me to hate his guts. Roman is heading to the same place in my mind...

seams, slants, some crossing stuff..... we shouldve had a lot of opportunity to pull the safeties back up. for whatever reason, it didnt happen, but i wouldnt expect it to be the new norm.

hopefully tyrod comes out thursday and starts hitting guys and gets in a bit more of a rhythm. when play calling is off leaving you out of sync, and accuracy is off... it gets tough to say "lets stick some throws inside even though its your weakest area."

sometimes you just have to put a game behind you, and this was one of them.

An athletic TE is a cover-2 beater. Anyone who plays Madden knows this. And I don't think the Ravens were in cover-2 just to "make Tyrod be a QB" - they were also protecting their crummy and injured cornerbacks. We never attacked that weakness.

What drove me mad during the Marrone years was his stubbornness even when it was obvious that what he was doing wasn't working. It drove me to hate his guts. Roman is heading to the same place in my mind...

roman is a much better schemer, so its not as glaring a weakness, but it does happen sometimes with him. happens with every coach some days. its just a matter of minimizing them over the long haul.

I just read a blurb on Buffalo Rumblings from Trapasso; Gronk was so lost as a lead blocker they were using Clay as the "defacto lead blocker later in the game" ...

well, thats incredibly disheartening to hear that we may have lost a game on that roster choice. and seems reasonable enough on the surface, though we will see how film review plays out.

I mean, Gronk only got what, 8 snaps? That doesn't seem to be enough to scrap the entire gameplan but what do I know.

It's a mickey-mouse offense. -Period.. Why do have all these pieces like Powell, O'leary and Goodwin if we're not going to use them.?

those are pieces of crap my friend you don't use those

Trapasso is good this is accurate