Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

I'm still very curious about Romans trust in tyrod. Not letting him run a true hurry up last year, questions about how much leeway he had at the line, etc...

They can't talk about such tremendous growth in the offseason with indications of opening up the playbook only to have this kind of performance when bullets begin to fly in earnest.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What percentage of plays could you eyeball the depth of the first reads route live when not thrown to any given week?

I'm not saying none, but it's tough on TV there may have been a few. But I'll agree to them needing to force some down field even in coverage.

It's certainly tough to see on TV. I just don't remember a play where he was looking downfield and checked down. It felt like they were trying to run a lot of underneath routes.

I continue to think these players are capable of doing a lot more damage through the air than Roman is.

That's kind of how I feel.

I'm still very curious about Romans trust in tyrod. Not letting him run a true hurry up last year, questions about how much leeway he had at the line, etc...

If Taylor doesn't like what's called, change the f#&$@% play then. He has the ability to do that, I would hope. If not we need to just redo the entire organization

fixed.

the formula today:

50% bad protection + 25% bad game plan + 25% rattled QB = no deep shots down the field.

Not many experienced QBs could have found time to go deep today. Tyrod's problem was that he did not make plays, save the one pass to Clay, when he got out of the pocket and had his chances.

Roman is not only responsible for the putrid game plan but the blocking schemes and protection are part of the OC's responsibility.

Ok, the OL was poor and lets not forget the running back blitz pick up was as bad too.

OK, then why didn't they roll the pocket if they had protection issues? Go Max Protect to try and throw deep, etc? Gotta have an answer to allow your best lpayers to do what they do best...simply saying "There wasn't any time" isn't an acceptable excuse in the NFL if they didn't even try basic things to give him more time

Edited by matter2003

To me this game is so simple, the offensive game plan was terrible. They spent the first half trying to play within 5 yards of the LOS. I have no idea why. The Bills run the ball and go up top. The second part didn't happen th entire day. You can't walk into the game and not try to do what you do best. That's 100% on Roman.

I don't put all the blame on the offensive coaches when the line didn't do it's job in protection or run blocking. I put more blame on Rex Ryan for being afraid of getting his starting offensive players injured so they sat a lot in preseason and looked very rusty.

160 yards of total offense and so many dump off passes I thought it was Trent back there for awhile.

Taylor passing 15 of 22 for 111 a 5.0 avg.

McCoy 16 carries for 58 yards = 3.6 YPC avg

Taylor Rushing 5 rushes for 11 carries = 2.2 YPC avg

Reggie Bush 3 rushes for -4 yards = -1.3 YPC avg

Pretty tough to do your job as an NFL QB / RB when the offensive line doesn't do their job.

Lost in all the complaining is that the Ravens defense was in fine form. Aggressive, and fast.

Seemed like Roman was trying to spread the field to create openings to make plays. It didn't work, because the Ravens defense was just too fast in pursuit. It was a bad game plan against that defense.

Roman has to do more to be unpredictable on 1st down like he's done at times in the past.

and theres no reason to think he wont. hes got plenty of track record. you can both expect him to do much better than yesterday, but also have some of those games mixed in there at times.