15-22 111 yards

Ok my bad on the snaps then, let's break it down differently.

Game one @ Indy, Tyrod played one series, 5 snaps.

Game two NY Giants, Tyrod played in three series, 16 snaps.

Game three @ Washington, Tyrod played in two series 10 snaps.

Game four @ Detroit, Tyrod didn't play.

This to me wasn't nearly enough time playing in preseason to get ready for the regular season.

Tyrod might be in his sixth year in the NFL but only in his second season starting which means he spent four years on the bench not playing. When the late great Bill Walsh stated that it generally took four years to properly develop an NFL QB he meant four years behind center starting and that would include QB's drafted in the first round.

This QB we are talking about wasn't a first round pick like EJ was, as Taylor was a 6th round pick that still needs playing time to develop properly. He needed all the work in preseason to get his timing down with the receivers and get more experience in reading different NFL defenses.

Taylor put up some really good numbers in a 2015 Buffalo run first offense when the offense was running the ball effectively and when it wasn't able to run the ball well the QB's didn't fare well. He needs that run game to actually work to be effective in a run first offense.

Just stop with the excuses. 6th year dude! 6th!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Fitz was good enough. Better than EJ. Better than tryhard.

I swear to you what would have been if EJ was in Chans system behind fitz!!! A creative coach who could make scrubs viable. And learning from a QB who played like he had an arm. A gunslinger who made mistakes but kept coming back like nothing happened I would have loved to see what real grooming would have done. They should have let Fitz compete with EJ for the 1 like they did tyrod. The biggest thing from Sunday and I know I'm about to be killed for it, is that EJ would DEFINITELY have thrown the deep ball. May have over thrown by 3 or 4 yards... but atleast the defense would have known it was a possibility. Buffalo has run EJ out of here. BUT we can not live with this mess. If Tyrod doesn't start putting up big boy yards. With big boy stats... atleast play up to the 9 mil. Dont be the worst starting qb in the league ANY WEEK after signing a contract. And if you honestly think Roman won't let Tyrod audible... after letting this man put pen to paper on a 90 mil contract (yeah it's not all his) you have truly lost it. Or OBD did.

1,000 pass attempts has long been an unofficial barometer. But theres a lot more to QBing than passing the ball, as TT showed in Sunday. Too many plays he didn't even bother to survey the defense, let alone get in and out of better or worse plays.

GO BILLS!!!

It would take Tyrod about 8 years at this rate to get that's

1,000 pass attempts has long been an unofficial barometer. But theres a lot more to QBing than passing the ball, as TT showed in Sunday. Too many plays he didn't even bother to survey the defense, let alone get in and out of better or worse plays.

GO BILLS!!!

It would take Tyrod like 8 years at this rate to get that many passes

That's a solid point. I missed what you were saying. I'm sure last year's injuries are the reason Rex held back the starters. Like you're saying, it works for the Packers, but...we're not the Packers.

There's no single way to get ready.

The bye week is a good example of some teams doing great if given a week of rest and others taking the time more seriously. It depends on the coach and the players and sometimes dumb luck (and also skill to a degree)

There's no way to assert that 5 more preseason drives makes them play better last week, it might. It might not.

Since everyone is making excuses for our pro bowl, top 10 in several stat catagories QB, ESPN's best free agent value QB

Go ahead and give us your options at QB.....because of course they are so easy to find.

What are you an excuse machine too? TT stinks and it was in full display on sunday. Last year was smoke and mirrors to a 3 times removed alternate pro bowl nod. Whoopiedoo! That means squat after sundays performance. I can't stand EJ but I think he would have fared better against Baltimore, that's how bad TT was. TT is a fraud and the Ravens just exposed him, he's done.

I say Cardale is the starter next year.

What are you an excuse machine too? TT stinks and it was in full display on sunday. Last year was smoke and mirrors to a 3 times removed alternate pro bowl nod. Whoopiedoo! That means squat after sundays performance. I can't stand EJ but I think he would have fared better against Baltimore, that's how bad TT was. TT is a fraud and the Ravens just exposed him, he's done.

You are so off it's funny..... actually, it's not funny 😩

If you go through my old posts you would read that I didn't think Taylor was worth giving an extension and more money before we saw if he improved this season. The kid played as poorly in some games at times last year when the run game stalled and unfortunately the Bills OC had no answer to get the passing or run game working. So, what we all saw Sunday was nothing really new as it was just more of some of the bad quarters he had last season.

Regardless that you think he should be playing like a 6-year pro, the simple fact is the kid still only has 14 NFL starts, which makes him a second-year starter.

But you know what, if it makes you feel better to rail about the QB then have at it. For me, I think it was more of a team effort to suck that badly as the run game stunk, the O-line stunk at run blocking and the Bills offensive coordinator had no answers.

So are 14 other teams in the league after them and us.

Heck, our fans, and the Jets fans, are planning on losing Thursday night.

Gonna be one hell of a game !!

I swear to you what would have been if EJ was in Chans system behind fitz!!! A creative coach who could make scrubs viable. And learning from a QB who played like he had an arm. A gunslinger who made mistakes but kept coming back like nothing happened I would have loved to see what real grooming would have done. They should have let Fitz compete with EJ for the 1 like they did tyrod. The biggest thing from Sunday and I know I'm about to be killed for it, is that EJ would DEFINITELY have thrown the deep ball. May have over thrown by 3 or 4 yards... but atleast the defense would have known it was a possibility. Buffalo has run EJ out of here. BUT we can not live with this mess. If Tyrod doesn't start putting up big boy yards. With big boy stats... atleast play up to the 9 mil. Dont be the worst starting qb in the league ANY WEEK after signing a contract. And if you honestly think Roman won't let Tyrod audible... after letting this man put pen to paper on a 90 mil contract (yeah it's not all his) you have truly lost it. Or OBD did.

When we fans put cash money =

we have lost perspective.

shoot, mighta happened to TT for a minute or 60.

There's no single way to get ready.

The bye week is a good example of some teams doing great if given a week of rest and others taking the time more seriously. It depends on the coach and the players and sometimes dumb luck (and also skill to a degree)

There's no way to assert that 5 more preseason drives makes them play better last week, it might. It might not.

Situations call for different response. Did Rex make the right call?

I think he went polar shift on himself.

Last year it was injuries to start the season from over work preseason and TC. Plagued the team in general. was that the reason?

This year he protects the players. they come out rusty and lack eloquence. was that the reason?

Will the Injury report improve over the season? I doubt it. I think this stuff lust levels itself out

Rex is still learning these details via exp as a HC. thats okay, i know 6years or something right ?

some where in the middle next year should be juust right.

he as i do. keep learning.

Only if the team has lost their minds.

okay, it's possible. But at this point it aint wise to jump ahead like that

If you go through my old posts you would read that I didn't think Taylor was worth giving an extension and more money before we saw if he improved this season. The kid played as poorly in some games at times last year when the run game stalled and unfortunately the Bills OC had no answer to get the passing or run game working. So, what we all saw Sunday was nothing really new as it was just more of some of the bad quarters he had last season.

Regardless that you think he should be playing like a 6-year pro, the simple fact is the kid still only has 14 NFL starts, which makes him a second-year starter.

But you know what, if it makes you feel better to rail about the QB then have at it. For me, I think it was more of a team effort to suck that badly as the run game stunk, the O-line stunk at run blocking and the Bills offensive coordinator had no answers.

I agree with the first paragraph as far too many posters here forgot how TT went cold in several quarters last season. In some game, he was a QB of halves with one half bad and the second exceptional. I too wanted this season to go by to make a final judgment on him but I too was not sold on TT as several posters were. The good thing is the way his contract is structured. In a way, extending him achieved one more thing - it kept him happy and removed an excuse of him 'playing way below his contract value'. One thing I do NOT agree with is the '2nd year' guy. He had the luxury of sitting behind Flacco and has almost one full season as starter. I am not willing to give him the excuse of being a 2nd year guy cos he isnt.

Having said that, there are several things to note:

- This was just one game so far and we dont know if his struggles are chronic or just a matter of rust/"one of those days"

- The FO did not do him any favors in the weapons department. I mean, did we even look like a 3rd WR was playing (yeah yeah I know about the 3 recevier bunch formations). Ignoring the WR department is really really maddening. Please dont anyone tell me about Dez Lewis, Listenbee, Salas. I mean real, proven WRs which a maturing QB needs

- TT and Roman saw what can happen when an opposition constrains him to the pocket and also dares him to exploit the middle.In short, bad things happened. This will be repeated by opposing DCs ofcourse and how Roman+TT prepare for that challenge will define this season for the Bills

- Ryan is very loyal to his QBs and it is unlikely that he will bench TT unless Sunday's ineptness continues week after week

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Really? this much fuss about a stinker of a performance.

Even great QB's can lay stinkers in Super Bowl seasons, such as 11/33 184 1TD 2 picks

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199211290clt.htm

or 5/20 35 4 picks

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201511150den.htm

or 14/28 124 4 picks while knowing the signals the other team was sending in

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200309070buf.htm

Point is some people need to RELAX.

So the best you got is a QB that isnt ready to set foot on a NFL field as a starter....thats the best you got?

This is your fricken problem and your not alone.....you love to B word....you have no clue of how to fix...you cant even give an opinion on how to fix.....just B word B word B word

You dont like it? Tell us how you would fix it.....if you cant then your just making charlie brown teacher noise

So the best you got is a QB that isnt ready to set foot on a NFL field as a starter....thats the best you got?

This is your fricken problem and your not alone.....you love to B word....you have no clue of how to fix...you cant even give an opinion on how to fix.....just B word B word B word

You dont like it? Tell us how you would fix it.....if you cant then your just making charlie brown teacher noise

I think the point John is less about an alternative "solution" now. The point is working out whether Tyrod is the solution long term. We now have 15 games to find that out.

The way that deal is structured the Bills have to feel that they know by January thar he IS the guy. I don't think you can let year 2 of that contract activate just because he is "better than what is out there" because then you are locked in to paying the guy a lot of money in a tight cap position for Quarterback play that is not good enough.

I am not someone who is giving up on Tyrod but when you go back and watch the game he is by far the biggest reason we lost on Sunday. It was probably his worst start as a Bill and it did give me real pause for thought about the Quarterback position.

We all need to hope he proves himself again on Thursday... or else purgatory here we come.