Troy Aikman POed about FOX Hiring Skip Bayless

26CornerBlitz

@GregABedard

I wonder how hard @richarddeitsch fell out of his chair when Aikman blasted Bayless

https://t.co/0AQlxkBkpB

Troy Aikman has worked for Fox Sports for 15 years and has been the network’s lead NFL analyst since 2002. His reputation among staffers—especially those on his NFL production crew—is excellent. He is also known among sports media writers as being a particularly honest interview, and that was the case last week when Sports Illustrated contacted him about his network’s hiring of Skip Bayless.

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, Didn't Bayless infer Troy was Gay when he covered the Cowboys in that era? I seem to recall this and the Cowboys PR began a campaign of covering Aikman on dates with models & actresses.. I can't argue with Troyboy. Bayless is trash -and has been since way.

IIRC, Didn't Bayless infer Troy was Gay when he covered the Cowboys in that era? I seem to recall this and the Cowboys PR began a campaign of covering Aikman on dates with models & actresses.. I can't argue with Troyboy. Bayless is trash -and has been since way.

Yep.

I suppose I agree, wtf does it matter what someone's sexual preference is.... Was that his version of "Breaking News" back in the day?

I think it was a feature article he ran at the time.

Seriously hate the day when sports writers thought we cared about hearing ANYTHING from them other than sports-related stories. I don't care what Bayless thinks about AIkman's sexuality. I don't care what Timmah Graham thinks about the Redskins. I don't care what Bob Costas thinks about guns.

Talk about sports and then STFU you self-absorbed, click-baiting chuckleheads.

Aikman seems to have a lot of detractors when it comes to his broadcasting work.

I have always found him to be quite good, but a little dry.

Let's hope the tension grows between these two until there is some crazy outburst on live TV. That could be entertaining.