Vikings trade for Bradford

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a Vikings fan I would be livid.

They were - that's why they signed Bradford.

Not surprised. Norv Turner's system is tailor-made for Bradford. I predict little to no drop off at the QB position in Minny.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly. Some people act like Bridgewater is Tyrod Taylor and can't be replaced by the likes of Bradford.

what this says to me is Teddy's knee is f***'ed up and he won't be ready for 2017 either. you don't do a trade like that if it's only for this season

Not true...this is the last year or 2 of your best players career...AP. They feel they have a good team and can challenge in the NFC, so they are going all in now. Lakers did the same thing with Kobe trading for Dwight and giving up way too much for Nash. This move was done because they feel they can win now.

Omg!!! What an awful, awful, awful, awful trade! How does Bradford still have value!!!

Fact: Shaun Hill is not that much worse than Bradford. And certainly not a 1st round pick and another pick.

This is one of the worse trades in NFL history. Congrats to the Eagles for destroying Minnesota. I feel bad for their fans.

I think 3 of the early posters got it right...

Teddy's knee is so effed up that the Vikes are nervous about next season.

But, obviously, the Vikes are really nervous about this season, too, and are in win-now mode.

Because they're so nervous about both short and long term, they over-payed for a guy who has never thrown for 4,000 yards and whose career passer rating is virtually identical to Ryan Fitzpatrick's (Bradford: 81.0, Fitz: 80.8).

Sam Bradford is a historic player in like 10 different respects. This is a guy who has been paid more money and picked or traded for more high picks with the least amount of production of any guy probably in any sport.

50M guaranteed (86M deal with incentives) by the Rams and 22M guaranteed by the Eagles (36M deal).... 72M dollars in the bank for showing up as the # 1 college player.

Just read a pretty good synopsis of how this trade went down, in the words of the two GMs involved, on MMQB. It didn't change my opinion on who won and who lost the trade -- only that the Vikings are trying really hard to convince themselves Bradford can get it done, saying things like "the last three games of the season Bradford was playing as well as anyone in the league." That's laughable, and has always been the take on Bradford -- no pressure, he looks good.

I'll give Minnesota credit for one thing -- they went out and did what they felt they had to do, which has to sit well with players and fans.

Philly fans must be ecstatic, though.

A philosophical question - can someone be reborn as you, if you're still alive?

Would that be sort of like, a possession? Would an exorcist help?

Vikes Team Doc on the phone to St Olaf Parish: "Father, our team just traded for Sam Bradford and our medical exam reveals he's actually possessed by Kevin Kolb. Yes, we're sure that's behind the repeat ACL injuries. Can you send over an exorcist, STAT? No, we won't send you the MRI first. Would you expect to see possession on an MRI? Yes, I'm afraid that would be a violation of HIPAA. Yes, we've already confiscated his bath mats and we're writing it in his contract, he can't buy more. Could you please just send the exorcist? Our team's fate this season depends on you. Yes, yes, we can get him a jersey signed by Adrian Peterson, just send him now!"

just read this !! laughed and laughed !!

Thanks Mead107

Just read a pretty good synopsis of how this trade went down, in the words of the two GMs involved, on MMQB. It didn't change my opinion on who won and who lost the trade -- only that the Vikings are trying really hard to convince themselves Bradford can get it done, saying things like "the last three games of the season Bradford was playing as well as anyone in the league." That's laughable, and has always been the take on Bradford -- no pressure, he looks good.

I'll give Minnesota credit for one thing -- they went out and did what they felt they had to do, which has to sit well with players and fans.

Philly fans must be ecstatic, though.

If i was a philly fan i would be even more confused.

But momentarily eggstatic.

I agree Vikings did what they had to do.

sucks for them, but they played the right card in a losing hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Bradford looked more like a NFL QB last night than Tyrod Taylor has in his first 2 games this year. Maybe the Vikes weren't that dumb? Downer that it looks like Adrian Peterson hurt his knee last night...

The vikes have a pretty good OC in Norv Turner who knows how to protect his QB and have him throw downfield.