What are your plans for Labor Day?

mead107

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Cuse-Colgate game on Friday with my best friend in the world who is moving to Napa, CA in a couple weeks. Driving back to Vermont Saturday morning and hopefully putting a 2nd coat of stain on my deck (while drinking heavily). Sunday will be fun day at the Hammersticks household. Probably will take my son fishing in the morning, and then having some friends over for BBQ/drinking games in the evening. Labor day will likely be spent slightly hung over...getting ready for the work week. Hopefully the weather will be nice....not too hot.

In my house it's called shrader day. We'll be having a neighborhood get together on sunday at my house. More than likely, that means I'll be suffering through a headache most of shrader day, then the wife and I will head out somewhere for a birthday dinner.

Doing my best impression of a hippo in a river. Probably the last weekend I have to enjoy my pool. Things cool off fast in NH after Labor Day. Driving places is for chumps. Instead I walk out the back door, fill a cooler with beverages, crank up the tunes and slather on the sunscreen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How long do you dangle the chickens off the fishing pole over the fire? Do you use wire (in place of monifilament) so it doesn't melt?

The chickens are wrapped in wire and held in place with C-clamps. The motor is from an old hay elevator. 5hrs over an open fire. Piels are flowin.

The first time I read that I thought you said Choking

Plenty of that, too. Its 5 whole hours!