Kaepernick and the National Anthem

hes trying to make a point/statement but doing it against a flag that so many people have died, and sacrificed their lives for is a little misguided. At this point, that flag stands for the people more than the "system" and "institution" at least thats the way I see it, I wouldnt disrespect the flag like that. Im also not mad at it. This is America, we are supposed to be free to have opinions without persecution, regardless if I disagree with them, Ill defend his right to say what he wants. I love this !@#$ing place

Edited by Marty McFly

I've never cringed so much on this message board in my life. This conversation is really uncomfortable.

Honestly, it seems fairly civil. Much better than PPP. Part of the biggest problem is you can't talk about issues without people getting upset and thinking their side is "right."

Overall, I think the vast majority of people here are very open minded. But sadly, some of bad stereotypes of Bills fans and WNY are showing here. Sadly, WNY has a bad rep for being racist (but they have a black mayor!).

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Honestly, it seems fairly civil. Much than PPP. Part of the biggest problem is you can't talk about issues without people getting upset and thinking their side is "right."

Overall, I think the vast majority of people here are very open minded. But sadly, some of bad stereotypes of Bills fans and WNY are showing here.

"stereotypes"? need clarification on that.. what is a "bad stereotype"?

Pole Vaulter demonstates how Americans react to National Anthem

and then there’s Usain Bolt who’s not even American..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uiYELBajc

I"m a little concerned with the NFL's rather obvious hypocrisy here.

Their response today was: "we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem"

But when the Dallas Cowboys want to honor the police lives lost in their city with a "Blue Lives Matter" tribute.

Oh no, we can't have that. No "demonstrations" allowed then

So conform in a uniform manner or be ridiculed? Those are responses from two different franchises.

This is about as useful a gesture as the idiots who call for the Redskins name to be changed, without ever doing another thing!

Is he active in the black community?

Does he donate his time and money to causes that might fight "oppression" in the Black community?

That's how you fight oppression... Not being a jerk on National TV. a$$hat.

Week two the 49ers travel to Carolina. Kaepernick should walk into the home team locker room and say that he self identifies as a Panther

I don't get too many laughs from reading this board...but this was hilarious.

I'm LMAO here. I'm always amused when issues of race/politics/history come up in a place where they really have no business being.

After reading through many (not all) pages filled with fallacious, ignorant, incorrect, and misinformed thoughts and statements about race/politics/history, I'll just say, STICK TO FOOTBALL TALK, please. Thanks.

I'm LMAO here. I'm always amused when issues of race/politics/history come up in a place where they really have no business being.

After reading through many (not all) pages filled with fallacious, ignorant, incorrect, and misinformed thoughts and statements about race/politics/history, I'll just say, STICK TO FOOTBALL TALK, please. Thanks.

Freedom of speech? You can easily ignore the subjects that don't interest you, 16 pages in suggests that not everyone agrees with you.