Kaepernick and the National Anthem

BLM

So the grievances the have expressed are illegitimate and made up with no measure of the reality they have personally experienced? Easy for you to say. SC senator Tim Scott would disagree with you.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So the grievances the have expressed are illegitimate and made up with no measure of the reality they have personally experienced?

Illegitimate no, but protesting by blocking traffic on a major freeway and rioting isn't going to win anyone over. It worked for MLK because it was peaceful, it doesn't work nowadays because people in the group get "triggered" and everyone joins in, hence the rioting.

Edited by The Wiz

Illegitimate no, but protesting by blocking traffic on a major freeway and rioting isn't going to win anyone over.

Civil disobedience tactics are a long standing practice and tradition in this great land. I remember when the King was pissed about that Boston Tea Party thing.

So the grievances the have expressed are illegitimate and made up with no measure of the reality they have personally experienced? Easy for you to say. SC senator Tim Scott would disagree with you.

there are legitimate grievances, but the fact that BLM tries to extrapolate what happens in a few isolated cases of questionable use of deadly force into an America that literally hunts down black men for sport is utter BS.

The grievances are fine. I have no problem with holding people accountable. However this isn't the epidemic the media or they are portraying.

Civil disobedience tactics are a long standing practice and tradition in this great land. I remember when the King was pissed about that Boston Tea Party thing.

The point that they're "long-standing practices and tradition" doesn't make illegal actions legal.

Edited by Felonious Monk

there are legitimate grievances, but the fact that BLM tries to extrapolate what happens in a few isolated cases of questionable use of deadly force into an America that literally hunts down black men for sport is utter BS.

No doubt there is a certain measure of hyperbole with some involved, but the premise of their grievances are legit.

I get that. I just think that it's different now. Back then, **** now I feel old for saying that, wasn't common place. It was an uprising for the right reason. People cause an uprising now because they had a cold sandwich that was supposed to be warm. Everyone is getting numb to caring about people because everyone is a victim.

Kaepernick refusing to stand for national anthem is his right.

Cq4ug8zUEAICgt_.jpgHere's a Marine, who can't stand, because he defended it

Nice post B-man.

The point that they're "long-standing practices and tradition" doesn't make illegal actions legal.

If people listened to you this would still be an English colony and Civil Rights of minorities would be nonexistent. Not to mention that women would not be able to vote.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No doubt there is a certain measure of hyperbole with some involved, but the premise of their grievances are legit.

A BLM spokesperson told NPR that there can be no police "reform" because the police were created in the early 1800s to catch slaves and will forever have a slave-catching mentality.

None of that is legit. And BTW she identified herself as a college professor, Scary.

If people listened to you this would still be an English colony and Civil Rights of minorities would be nonexistent.

You're reading him wrong. He's saying that **** that flew then, doesn't fly now. Just my interpretation though.

I rode in a station wagon with the back seats folded down so I could fight with my brother and sister when we drove anywhere. If you don't have a car seat for your 13 year old then you get strung up by your thumbs. And yea, they expect you to have your kids in a car seat until they are 13 now.

The American Patriots that we celebrate engaged in "illegals acts" according to what I read in the history books. You upset about that too?

Upset? I'm not the one who has spent the whole day on a message board justifying criminal acts in the name of "Civil liberties."

By skirting the issue, twisting words, and failing to acknowledge that they're committing criminal acts, you discredit yourself more than you're capable of comprehending. That's something you won't read in a history book.

Edited by Felonious Monk

The American Patriots that we celebrate engaged in "illegals acts" according to what I read in the history books. You upset about that too?

No, just upset about ignorant fools who would rather burn and loot than fix what's wrong in their own damn communities. It's 2016, not the 1770s.

@RapSheet

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color."

https://t.co/CNnJJqG77R

I'm calling BS on Kaeperick on this one. He has a right to his opinion, but he's full of it. Blacks and people of color have just as much or more opportunity to succeed in America as anyone else. With affirmitive action, sometimes they have better opportunities than whites. It's up to them to take advantage of those opportunities. The whole poor us narrative that is currently in vogue is absolutely a lie.

No, just upset about ignorant fools who would rather burn and loot than fix what's wrong in their own damn communities. It's 2016, not the 1770s.

And what pray tell would you have them to do fix what's wrong? You are making an assumption that they have the POWER to fix it. That's the crux of the matter. You think they don't WANT to fix it? You think they CREATED it on purpose, and they PERPETUATE it because they like it?

I'm calling BS on Kaeperick on this one. He has a right to his opinion, but he's full of it. Blacks and people of color have just as much or more opportunity to succeed in America as anyone else. With affirmitive action, sometimes they have better opportunities than whites. It's up to them to take advantage of those opportunities. The whole poor us narrative that is currently in vogue is absolutely a lie.

That's not necessarily true, but nothing I type here is going to change your mind.