Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Perhaps your friend ( or you) haven't been paying attention. One of the founders of BLM was on CNN and asked about the Dallas police chiefs call for recruits. Her reply was that they wouldn't take that job because the system is already set. They want to take over policing their own neighborhoods. When asked about the lack of outcry from BLM about any of the murders in Chicago ( much of which is black on black violence) she avoided answering the question. So apprently black lives only matter when they are shot by police officers , regardless of the officers race. That shows you where they are coming from. The reason we can't get " there " with BLM is that their premise is racist and wrong . ( and yes there were video clips on various news outlets showing folks at BLM rallies making statement about " killing pigs".) BLM is standing up not only for those involved in police shootings that were simply horrible mistakes, but for the highly publicized ones that absolutely had some responsibility for their involvement. i.e not doing what the officer ordered them too etc. They don't seem to understand that the Police officer absolutely has a right to use deadly physical force under the color of law and will be indemnified if a reasonable person would feel that their life or lives of others were in danger. That doesn't mean the suspect has to aim a gun at them or even have it in their hand. Simply reaching for something or a sudden move is enough. They are different from a private citizen would be in that situation. It has to be that way: they need some advantage over the criminals or many many more cops would die in the line of duty. But a knucklehead like Kaepernik says these people are getting a free pass and paid leave like its a vacation. Shooting someone is traumatizing for most people including cops. It's the thugs on the street that will shoot and go on about their business. Kaepernick should familiarize himself with the law before he disrespects the country in the name of criminals and thugs.

in short.

Colin has disrespected the country?

could you have just said that? instead of telling us why the police need a measure of allowance. You nearly excuse the Police for using a handgun with intent.

I am not taking sides on that matter at all. but you clearly have

To integrate two simultaneous threads, I distinctly remember thinking and complaining that the only one capable of overthrowing Ayatollah Khomeini was Rob Johnson.

Cardale comes to mind. and with a just flick of the wrist. :lol:

well done

Edited by 3rdand12

Whether it's the mom or dad missing you have problems. Thanks LBJ for the new plantation of the War on Poverty.

Lyndon Bayne ( Bain ) Johnson oh the memories. nice insert Dante

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjjguWQ4efOAhWFpx4KHcfCA98QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biography.com%2Fpeople%2Flyndon-b-johnson-9356122&psig=AFQjCNEBWPwhX4rT9_QnT30MN5eNXjZ_GA&ust=1472599060756964

Whether it's the mom or dad missing you have problems. Thanks LBJ for the new plantation of the War on Poverty.

PS i agree one hundred percent. Lets do everything to keep Family whole. The rest will follow.

ask me how i know.

no don't just assume.

Family is everything

Lyndon Bayne ( Bain ) Johnson oh the memories. nice insert Dante

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjjguWQ4efOAhWFpx4KHcfCA98QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biography.com%2Fpeople%2Flyndon-b-johnson-9356122&psig=AFQjCNEBWPwhX4rT9_QnT30MN5eNXjZ_GA&ust=1472599060756964

PS i agree one hundred percent. Lets do everything to keep Family whole. The rest will follow.

ask me how i know.

no don't just assume.

Family is everything

They whacked JFK to put this puppet in. lol what a joke.

your are leading me aren't you ? a lawyer by trade perhaps?

:beer:

Oh god know. Even my shaky self esteem wouldn't allow me to think that badly of myself. :D My apologies to any attorneys on the board it's just a joke.

@bigblueview

Giants’ McAdoo would be "disappointed" in players who follow Kaepernick’s lead #nyg http://www.bigblueview.com/2016/8/29/12699514/ny-giants-ben-mcadoo-colin-kaepernick-reaction?

@LedyardNFLDraft

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Big Blue View

I don't disagree with McAdoo, but cut your kicker and then maybe you'll earn the right to be heard. Priorities dude.

I think one of the solutions to the problems with the cops can be solved by white people, every time they are pulled over by white cops, when asked, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" to just say, "Because you thought I was black?"

I tried that. did not fly well.

One time i was next to my daughter at a stoplight at an under neath the highway. I had a very loud exhaust and pretend race car. She had lined up next to me. So i revved to 6k and dropped the clutch. lotsa noise and smoke. When the cop pulled me over he had the look of surprise. expecting someone else i bet. I told him i was showing off for my daughter. he let me go. If i was still twenty long haired and attitude it would have gone differently

btw i still do that

Oh god know. Even my shaky self esteem wouldn't allow me to think that badly of myself. :D My apologies to any attorneys on the board it's just a joke.

Aw shoot , just in fun Dante

Trump has now weighed in on this issue, in his usual thoughtful and nuanced fashion: CK's protest against perceived racial discrimination against African-Americans is "a terrible thing", and he should just go live in another country. (Sorry, no link.)

Edited by mannc

Trump has now weighed in on this issue, in his usual thoughtful and nuanced fashion: CK's protest against perceived racial discrimination against African-Americans is "a terrible thing", and he should just go live in another country.

That should really help him with his 1% of the African American vote.

I don't interpret Kaep's behavior as saying that the flag (and the country) don't stand for lots of good things. No disrespect intended IMO. Just that he feels that we've got a problem here people. He's not trying to attract attention to himself, just to an issue that he feels strongly about and that he thinks is important (and who can doubt that it is). Looks like a principled young man to me who has empathy for those may be less fortunate than him. Trust me, there are worse people out there.

I don't interpret Kaep's behavior as saying that the flag (and the country) don't stand for lots of good things. No disrespect intended IMO. Just that he feels that we've got a problem here people. He's not trying to attract attention to himself, just to an issue that he feels strongly about and that he thinks is important (and who can doubt that it is). Looks like a principled young man to me who has empathy for those may be less fortunate than him. Trust me, there are worse people out there.

Correct. It's not as if he made an announcement to the press before he started his protest before the 1st preseason game.

Correct. It's not as if he made an announcement to the press before he started his protest before the 1st preseason game.

I think everyone just figured he was getting ready for the season by sitting down as soon as he got on the field.

Trump has now weighed in on this issue, in his usual thoughtful and nuanced fashion: CK's protest against perceived racial discrimination against African-Americans is "a terrible thing", and he should just go live in another country. (Sorry, no link.)

i thought he said we were going to war over this abomination. Had the hearing aid turned down though