WR the downfall of this offense?

DirtDart

We are pretty stacked at RB, I see WR as the weak spot on this offense. Sammy hasn't been able to stay healthy, and besides Woods we really do not have any proven receivers. This group will have to produce and stay healthy in order for us to make the playoffs.

seems so far no one has distanced themself for the #3 spot, we need a vet wide receiver, how come we haven't even given an available free agent a camp invite...not one of these guys looks good enough to just bring in and have them run with the team???

roddy white

marques colston

malcolm floyd

jason avant

devin hester

greg jennings

dwayne bowe

brian hartline

rod streater

hakeem nicks

I think our receiving corps is fine. Sammy and Woods are a solid tandem. And we have a number of backups who are either young-and-promising, or have already been productive backups. Then - as mentioned - we have receiving options who are not WRs.

You can't have Pro Bowlers at every position and when you consider this is a run-first offense, I have no issue with the quality of the receiving corps that DW has given Rex & Roman to work with.

seems so far no one has distanced themself for the #3 spot, we need a vet wide receiver, how come we haven't even given an available free agent a camp invite...not one of these guys looks good enough to just bring in and have them run with the team???

roddy white

marques colston

malcolm floyd

jason avant

devin hester

greg jennings

dwayne bowe

brian hartline

rod streater

hakeem nicks

not really

roddy white

marques colston

malcolm floyd

jason avant

devin hester

greg jennings

dwayne bowe

brian hartline

rod streater

hakeem nicks

The #3 WR in the Bills' offense is the 5th receiving option. There is no need for hand-wringing over it.

We are pretty stacked at RB, I see WR as the weak spot on this offense. Sammy hasn't been able to stay healthy, and besides Woods we really do not have any proven receivers. This group will have to produce and stay healthy in order for us to make the playoffs.

According to Steve Tasker Dez Lewis is a Julio Jones type receiver so there's that.

Any good QB and OC can make the passing game work. Patriots, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, are prime examples of this. All have solid QB play, solid coaching and their offenses are fine. Tyrod and McCoy need to get this offense movin. WR's don't win championships

If you go off of qb reads, it's:

1- Sammy

2 - Clay

3 - Woods

4 - McCoy

We are looking for a 5 read at this point. In Romans offense, that's probably just someone running deep.

So, I have to respectfully disagree

1- Sammy

2 - Clay

3 - Woods

4 - McCoy

We are looking for a 5 read at this point. In Romans offense, that's probably just someone running deep.

nailed it

1- Sammy

2 - Clay

3 - Woods

4 - McCoy

Nice perspective.

Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Salas, Lewis, Powell, Clay, Gragg, McCoy, Gillislee... where, exactly, is the weak link that keeps us out of the playoffs?

The #3 WR in the Bills' offense is the 5th receiving option. There is no need for hand-wringing over it.

A good way of saying it, Doc.

Our #3 WR is the 5th receiving option on a run-first offense.

There are better things to lose sleep over than our WR depth.

roddy white

marques colston

malcolm floyd

jason avant

devin hester

greg jennings

dwayne bowe

brian hartline

rod streater

hakeem nicks

These guys are no longer productive, that's why....either old, hurt or both