Kevon Seymour's technique is impressive

Cover 1

gilmore is 6 foot 190.

Could have a nice opportunity to trade gilmore after the year if this kid pans out. could get a nice first for him.

Highly doubtful. They'd have to franchise him and teams rarely trade for franchised guys. Especially ones who have never made a Pro Bowl, much less All-Pro (which may change this year, who knows?).

• Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 186
  • Arm Length: 30¾"
  • Hand Size: 9"
  • 10 Yard Dash: 1.55
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.39
  • Bench Press: 12
  • Vertical Jump: 35"
  • Broad Jump: 124"
  • 20 Yard Shuttle: 4.18

View all prospects from the 2016 draft class

He's 5'11-1/2".

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his technique had to be perfect to compensate for his eyesight

I think this comes into play honestly.

gilmore is 6 foot 190.

Could have a nice opportunity to trade gilmore after the year if this kid pans out. could get a nice first for him.

stop that

I also read today the 170 report. forget whom.

I am delighted about the DBs as a whole. We have at least 3 guys at safety who can play corner, and two of them actually started their careers there. A Williams sucked but he know the position, and Graham was decent till age caught him.

Blanton has played every position. The knowledge base is what sets these guys apart i think.

some posted Robey's 15 stats. Very off year for him. New system again ?

I expect he will regain some footing this year. pun intended.

Best thing Bills have going is they can match up man for man against Offenses. I think thats is some leverage for a good Coach. And yes i said that : )

I'm not going to say it ​every time that Seymour is mentioned but I did call him winning the nickel job from Robey the moment we drafted him. He wasn't a player that I had broken down pre-draft but he was one of my sleepers having seen USC a couple of times last year and he having caught my eye both games. I have been impressed by his boundary work but for me we need to have our best 3 corners on the field in nickel and if that means Gilmore, Darby and Seymour then I think Seymour probably plays inside, though I respect Bandit's view that he'd shift Darby in. I think there might be a case for that in match up specific scenarios. Against New England, Darby in the slot on Edelman sounds good.

gilmore is 6 foot 190.

Why in the world would we do that?

You have an opportunity to have THREE very good corners.....which is a really really nice thing to have....that means that when opponents go 3 or 4 wide......when they try to pick on your 3rd corner he makes you pay for it

That can be the difference in willing and losing games.....as much as I like NR.....think of how many times teams put a receiver with size in his area and he lost because he frankly wasnt long enough.....

He solves this problem.

What I find kind of funny is Whaley got trashed with his "three starters out of this draft" thing before injuries.....but the latter round picks of Williams and and this kid makes it almost legit.

Could you imagine if NOBODY ended up getting hurt?

I don't think u lose or gain vs run betw he and Robey.

Check the site I did a video breakdown but I am not allowed to post it. U will love it.

The video on the site is very well done. I like how you describe what we are seeing, then show it, then roll it a 2nd time. Slo-mo really helps too. I had forgotten you were "dot net" until google helped me out.

And the kid does look very very well trained.

You have an opportunity to have THREE very good corners.....which is a really really nice thing to have....that means that when opponents go 3 or 4 wide......when they try to pick on your 3rd corner he makes you pay for it

That can be the difference in willing and losing games.....as much as I like NR.....think of how many times teams put a receiver with size in his area and he lost because he frankly wasnt long enough.....

He solves this problem.

What I find kind of funny is Whaley got trashed with his "three starters out of this draft" thing before injuries.....but the latter round picks of Williams and and this kid makes it almost legit.

because we would lose him for nothing the following year. i'm assuming darby plays high level this year and next thus getting a big deal starting in 2 years. if seymour becomes the next darby we can possibly grab a 1st for gilmore if he has a shut down year. i know trades are pretty rare in the nfl but perhaps it can be done. we could draft a replacement with the first or sign a FA who could fill the 3rd cb spot...maybe a 5 mil per guy. I'm just trying to to play a little asset management and cap management.

because we would lose him for nothing the following year. i'm assuming darby plays high level this year and next thus getting a big deal starting in 2 years. if seymour becomes the next darby we can possibly grab a 1st for gilmore if he has a shut down year. i know trades are pretty rare in the nfl but perhaps it can be done. we could draft a replacement with the first or sign a FA who could fill the 3rd cb spot...maybe a 5 mil per guy. I'm just trying to to play a little asset management and cap management.

We actually have a really good chance of Signing Gilmore now that we have TT in that team friendly contract.

This is not a diss you just adding my thoughts....I think that when you have top talent instead of trying to figure out how to parlay it into another talented player you actually KEEP those players....and continue to draft well

That is actually what this is all about......Gilmore and Darby are players we drafted.....now we drafted another young talented kid...pay your own talented players that you spent all the time cultivating.

Also

Injuries....players get hurt/nicked up.....if our top CB talent suffers a hit wouldnt it be nice to have a talented guy in the bullpen ready to go?

That depth thing.....hard to do...wonderful when you have it

I think this comes into play honestly.

stop that I also read today the 170 report. forget whom.

I am delighted about the DBs as a whole. We have at least 3 guys at safety who can play corner, and two of them actually started their careers there. A Williams sucked but he know the position, and Graham was decent till age caught him.

Blanton has played every position. The knowledge base is what sets these guys apart i think.

some posted Robey's 15 stats. Very off year for him. New system again ?

I expect he will regain some footing this year. pun intended.

Best thing Bills have going is they can match up man for man against Offenses. I think thats is some leverage for a good Coach. And yes i said that : )

Thank you, I know I read that somewhere! I didn't seem possible, but.... As you may know, some things you read on the Internet may not be true.

I am hoping that he ends up replacing Robey-Coleman. Bigger, can handle the taller WRs. Robey-Coleman is a nice story but his height is a limiting factor, Seymour is better player in long run.

I think robey has a place smaller wr and rb he is a 3/4 but yes we need a bigger 3rd for te and tall wr

The video on the site is very well done. I like how you describe what we are seeing, then show it, then roll it a 2nd time. Slo-mo really helps too. I had forgotten you were "dot net" until google helped me out.

And the kid does look very very well trained.

Thanks! I wanted to put out there details that we as fans take for granted. Every portion of the game is broken down into drills. Then the players r the ones to put it all together on the field..

Thank you, I know I read that somewhere! I didn't seem possible, but.... As you may know, some things you read on the Internet may not be true.

Incorrect

186 pds

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/7912/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kevon-seymour?id=2555549

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

When I re-watched that game I texted my sons saying how great he looked. And on the very next play he got called for PI. I feel responsible for that. My bad....

It was an iffy call. He was looking back for the rock. Incidental contact for my money. I wouldn't have thrown the flag. All that said, not your fault.

We are really good at drafting dbs and have been for a long lite.Anyone watch the Eagles Steelers last nite.Ron Brooks and Ross Cockrel are both starters for the steelers and Leodis Mcalvin is starting for the Eagles all players we got rid of.... Arthur Moats and Dustin what's his name our practice squad qb was playing..also the Eagles have Jason Peters and I think another ex bill player was playing in that game

Jon Dorenbos, long snapper for the Eagles.

We actually have a really good chance of Signing Gilmore now that we have TT in that team friendly contract.

This is not a diss you just adding my thoughts....I think that when you have top talent instead of trying to figure out how to parlay it into another talented player you actually KEEP those players....and continue to draft well

That is actually what this is all about......Gilmore and Darby are players we drafted.....now we drafted another young talented kid...pay your own talented players that you spent all the time cultivating.

Also

Injuries....players get hurt/nicked up.....if our top CB talent suffers a hit wouldnt it be nice to have a talented guy in the bullpen ready to go?

That depth thing.....hard to do...wonderful when you have it

How many teams spend 30 mil plus on dbs? I agree it would be amazing to see nobody throw at all on us...I mean we could set records if these guys are healthy and play well. But it might get tough fitting them all in and perhaps we make the move so we allocate money to other positions. Just an idea.

How many teams spend 30 mil plus on dbs? I agree it would be amazing to see nobody throw at all on us...I mean we could set records if these guys are healthy and play well. But it might get tough fitting them all in and perhaps we make the move so we allocate money to other positions. Just an idea.

I don't see $30M on DBs.

It's about $22M right now, and since neither Darby not Seymour are eligible for new deals until 2018, and at least one of Aaron and Corey will be gone next year, I can't envision $30M being in the picture even if they signed a FA to start at safety

I don't see $30M on DBs.

It's about $22M right now, and since neither Darby not Seymour are eligible for new deals until 2018, and at least one of Aaron and Corey will be gone next year, I can't envision $30M being in the picture even if they signed a FA to start at safety

true there would be 2017 and 18 where we pay gilmore 15 mil and the other guys on their rookie deals. the trick comes in 2019 when darby needs a deal. i guess i'm looking a little too far ahead as a lot can happen between now and then.

He solves this problem.

This front office seems to be doing an above average job in drafting players. The energy between Whaley and Rex seems to be working well.

Instead of looking at it at a particular position...look at it in the "resigning our own talent" catagory

Makes more sense then