Bills should sign Mike Neal to training camp...

DougTheBug

Mike Neal is a free agent. Has great rotational appeal and can play multiple positions(DE, and both Left or Right OLB). Has great physical attributes and played good for the packers. He only has 6 years in the league. Also, Seahawks have shown interest in him earlier this year. Why do the bills not kick the tires on this guy and see how he plays for them? especially when they are thin at the LB position. I think this guy could be a steal. thoughts?

Whats Michael Jasper doing these days? Can he play LB? Does he even have ACLs? Do you think he likes Pokémon? Which part would he sing in a barber shop quartet?

He was able to monetize his OTA legend and feel-goodness to the point where he now performs the standing broad jump for personal fulfillment only.

I read up on Neal a couple days ago because I saw him on a free agent list I was looking at. His numbers were pretty pedestrian for starting 15 games.

That was his first year as a starter. He played multiple positions(mostly OLB). He played solid in the playoffs that year. It's also never about pure numbers. He can also serve as an insurance policy for jerry hughes. I think bills would make a mistake for not looking at him.

Edited by DougTheBug

That was his first year as a starter. He played multiple positions(mostly OLB). He played solid in the playoffs that year. It's also never about pure numbers. He can also serve as an insurance policy for jerry hughes. I think bills would make a mistake for not looking at him.

I can't say that I've watched him enough to fairly evaluate him on the field - so you're right I just looked at some numbers. However he did start 13 games the prior two seasons.

Maybe you're right but the Packers need LB's and could possibly be without Matthews for a while - and they haven't signed him back.

I dunno, I kind of like where we're at with LB's - not in love with it but unless it's definite upgrade type of player, I'm passing.

Rex loves IK and nobody knows why. It seems like he just doesn't want to be proven wrong so he's not giving up on him. I remember watching Hard Knocks with the Jets and Rex was gung-ho about John Connor like that.

But they let Connor go. hmm

IK i just cannot figure out.

what i saw last year said he sucks and will always suck.

I have been wrong before though

These are the things we would like to trust to pro scouting.

Not that we do...

Mike Neal is a free agent. Has great rotational appeal and can play multiple positions(DE, and both Left or Right OLB). Has great physical attributes and played good for the packers. He only has 6 years in the league. Also, Seahawks have shown interest in him earlier this year. Why do the bills not kick the tires on this guy and see how he plays for them? especially when they are thin at the LB position. I think this guy could be a steal. thoughts?

Can't hurt, also would like Bierman

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Rex loves IK and nobody knows why. It seems like he just doesn't want to be proven wrong so he's not giving up on him. I remember watching Hard Knocks with the Jets and Rex was gung-ho about John Connor like that.

probably because he wanted to punch geno after watching him play