Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

Watkins

Woods

Powell

Salas

Little

Lewis

Easley

should all make the team ahead of Goodwin.

I have not attended a minute of camp but - From what i can tell - salas and little are very similar. Big dudes but they don't offer a ton. They're available for a reason. But reliability is pretty good - I'd rather have guys out there who can catch vs. otherwise. But do you need 2 more of them? People already complain that Woods is just a guy. Now we'd go 3 deep with receivers who are just guys.

Powell seems to offer some teams ability - at least returning. Had a good preseason game too - i know Rex appreciates guys who show up for games.

I know nothing about dez lewis, but i can't imagine we're keeping him and listenbee.

Easley isn't healthy - and is primarily teams. We added anderson/blanton for that. So i don't see him making it. But maybe he'll start the year on PUP, with possibly listenbee.

My only thing is: I haven't been at camp. I can't make a knowledgeable decision based on 10 snaps in a preseason game. He's 3rd on the depth chart right now, so i imagine he's having a good camp. But his injury history is something that makes you think twice about relying on him for a full season. Nobody else on that list besides the top 2 has earned a thing - so they need to beat him out for the job. Apparently they are failing.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not attended a minute of camp but - From what i can tell - salas and little are very similar. Big dudes but they don't offer a ton. They're available for a reason. But reliability is pretty good - I'd rather have guys out there who can catch vs. otherwise. But do you need 2 more of them? People already complain that Woods is just a guy. Now we'd go 3 deep with receivers who are just guys.

Powell seems to offer some teams ability - at least returning. Had a good preseason game too - i know Rex appreciates guys who show up for games.

I know nothing about dez lewis, but i can't imagine we're keeping him and listenbee.

Easley isn't healthy - and is primarily teams. We added anderson/blanton for that. So i don't see him making it. But maybe he'll start the year on PUP, with possibly listenbee.

My only thing is: I haven't been at camp. I can't make a knowledgeable decision based on 10 snaps in a preseason game. He's 3rd on the depth chart right now, so i imagine he's having a good camp. But his injury history is something that makes you think twice about relying on him for a full season. Nobody else on that list besides the top 2 has earned a thing - so they need to beat him out for the job. Apparently they are failing.

It's hard to argue with anything you've said here. Unfortunately, it's not possible for these well-reasoned takes to gain traction against one of the most relentless and inexplicable crusades that this board has seen in quite some time.

Edited by mannc

It's hard to argue with anything you've said here. Unfortunately, it's not possible for these well-reasoned takes to gain traction against one of the most relentless and inexplicable crusades that this board has seen in quite some time.

as is the crusade to keep praising a guy that's accumulated 20 catches and 3 TDs in 3 years at the WR position.

I don't know a lot about Little but my understanding is that Salas is more of a slot receiver where as Little can line up more outside.

This team doesn't throw enough to require stars at WR. Just be reliable. As long as these guys are smart, run solid routes and are sure-handed, they can contribute to a productive offense.

Dez Lewis is a physically-imposing specimen and is just beginning to come into his own. My guess is that Listenbee misses the season. Call it a redshirt. Easley is too highly-regarded as a gunner to be released but I don't know about the severity of his injury.

To be fair to 2014 - he had several injuries and i believe missed time in camp. He was on the injury report for probably like half the year, and by the time he was healthy he was passed by Hogan in their eyes. Hogan is no longer here - therefore Goodwin has just as much a right to the 3rd receiver spot as any of the other guys on the team.

Also - that offense clearly didn't stress using more than 3 receivers. Mike williams was the 4th highest receiver with 8 catches. I'm not sure our current one really does either.

We shouldn't put someone else ahead of goodwin just because goodwin hasn't done much. None of the guys vying for this spot have done much. The best guys in this camp and this preseason should get the job.

I'm willing to believe all that. But many here are saying that when he played he was amazing or at least very impressive. Then when asked to describe how and when, they say..."well how amazing do you expect him to look when he hardly played??"

Well..yeah, exactly. Where is the evidence then?

And it was also brought up that this needs to be taken up with Marrone & Hackett. You have to ask them why they didn't utilize a healthy Goodwin, in the same way that Manny Lawson was suddenly a washed up LB under Schwartz, but is highly valuable to Pettine & Rex.

Looking at Roman's offense it's moronic to write off Goodwin before the competition for spots ends. He gives you a free option. If he beats out the other guys in camp, that's great, and hope that he stays healthy.

If not, you can always add the zero contributions from the likes of Hankerson & Little somewhere in mid-season.

It was also brought up that he had his best year the season before (12 games) under the same coaching staff. Yet in 2014, they lost interest in the guy. Or he wasn't running great routes, blowing the top off the D, and getting open all the time.

Can't have it all ways...

It was also brought up that he had his best year the season before (12 games) under the same coaching staff. Yet in 2014, they lost interest in the guy. Or he wasn't running great routes, blowing the top off the D, and getting open all the time.

Everyone on offense regressed under year two of DM and Hackett. Everyone.

Goodwin's biggest limitation has been his ability to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, and has competent coaches calling plays, he's a useful weapon. Elite? No. But he brings something to the field most guys in the league can't.

I'm willing to believe all that. But many here are saying that when he played he was amazing or at least very impressive. Then when asked to describe how and when, they say..."well how amazing do you expect him to look when he hardly played??"

Well..yeah, exactly. Where is the evidence then?

Or they swapped out a big armed QB for a noodle? Goodwin became useless in Hackett/Marrone offense that was scared of itself.

Edited by GG

as is the crusade to keep praising a guy that's accumulated 20 catches and 3 TDs in 3 years at the WR position.

Who's praising? The Bills have continually put Glass out there as the 3rd WR in camp. The Bills. Are they blind to these fantastic WRs behind Glass who can't break into the top 3?

Sanjay Lal and the Bills' coaching staff are crusading along with the media covering training camp?

I believe the opinion of the media like i believe Hillary Clinton is an honest politician.

Sanjay Lal? Yeah, I believe him about as much as I believe Nate Hackett when he said he would run CJSpiller until he pukes.

This is the same coaching staff that thought Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus should drop back into coverage ultisols times a game.

Just like buttholes, everyone's got an opinion and they usually stink of chit and are ugly as hell.

Who's praising? The Bills have continually put Glass out there as the 3rd WR in camp. The Bills. Are they blind to these fantastic WRs behind Glass who can't break into the top 3?

im not taking about the coaching staff. I'm talking about all you people that keep crusading for 20 catches, 3 TDs and 300 yards over 3 seasons.

But he was hurt most of the time so it's ok. He'll finally get it all right this season.

Hahahaha

I like Goodwin. If he can just hold together long enough to give us 8-12 games of good production.......

so... By Glass Goodwon standards of "good production" over 12 games your asking him to contribute about 12 catches, 60 yards and 3/4 of a TD.

Makes sense.

I believe the opinion of the media like i believe Hillary Clinton is an honest politician.

Sanjay Lal? Yeah, I believe him about as much as I believe Nate Hackett when he said he would run CJSpiller until he pukes.

This is the same coaching staff that thought Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus should drop back into coverage ultisols times a game.

Just like buttholes, everyone's got an opinion and they usually stink of chit and are ugly as hell.

Let me remind you that you have an "opinion" too. :lol: Since you don't watch practice everyday, I'll ignore yours in this particular case.

im not taking about the coaching staff. I'm talking about all you people that keep crusading for 20 catches, 3 TDs and 300 yards over 3 seasons.

But he was hurt most of the time so it's ok. He'll finally get it all right this season.

Hahahaha

so... By Glass Goodwon standards of "good production" over 12 games your asking him to contribute about 12 catches, 60 yards and 3/4 of a TD.

Makes sense.

That's not even the argument most are making.

It's more like this: he's more talented than anyone else in the WR room not wearing #14 or #10, so if he stays healthy of course he'll get a spot. That says more about the lack of talent at the position than it does about how people feel about Goodwin.

If the Bills had more talent in their WR room you'd have a far better argument.

What's your opinion on Donald Trump's honesty? :)

Let me remind you that you have an "opinion" too. :lol: Since you don't watch practice everyday, I'll ignore yours in this particular case.

yes, but my opinion is based off a player that has not caught more than 20 catches in 3 seasons and cannot stay healthy if his life depended on it. Yours is the opinion that somehow an alien spacecraft comes down to earth, injects Glass with regeneration sperm, and actual talent besides being somewhat fast.

Everyone on offense regressed under year two of DM and Hackett. Everyone.

Goodwin's biggest limitation has been his ability to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, and has competent coaches calling plays, he's a useful weapon. Elite? No. But he brings something to the field most guys in the league can't.

The passing game in year two went from 28th in the league to 18th.

Or they swapped out a big armed QB for a noodle? Goodwin became useless in Hackett/Marrone offense that was scared of itself.

Who, EJ?

Orton beat "big arm Manuel" in Y/attempt, Y/per game (by a mile), QBR, int% and TD %. Maybe they saw Goodwin never getting open. Watkins, Woods, Chandler, Hogan, hell Mike Williams...they didn't seem to have a problem with the year two offense. Seems like the "scared" offense only really affected Goodwin so negatively. Strange..

That's not even the argument most are making.

It's more like this: he's more talented than anyone else in the WR room not wearing #14 or #10, so if he stays healthy of course he'll get a spot. That says more about the lack of talent at the position than it does about how people feel about Goodwin.

If the Bills had more talent in their WR room you'd have a far better argument.

m argument is that he sucks and we know what we're getting with him. 6.33 catches, 1 TD, and about 100 yards for the season.

We don't know what we have in Salas, Little, Listenbee, Hankerson. Based off Glass' production in the last 3 years, don't you think it's worth it to take a look at another WR that MIGHT actually produce?

yes, but my opinion is based off a player that has not caught more than 20 catches in 3 seasons and cannot stay healthy if his life depended on it. Yours is the opinion that somehow an alien spacecraft comes down to earth, injects Glass with regeneration sperm, and actual talent besides being somewhat fast.

You're entertaining if nothing else. I'll give you that.

:lol: Low grade Trumpster Fire

hey, It's better than believing that Goodwin will ever amount to anything in his life.

Keep on believing.

What part of Salas' production over the last 5 years do you like better than Goodwin's?

well, in the last 3 seasons between the Jets and the Bills he has about the same production as Goodwon does. But we actually know Goodwon can't stay healthy or produce. So id rather take a shot at an unknown than give another shot to a loser that I already know sucks.