Jason Cole report on Doug Whaley

YoloinOhio

We also didn't lose any of them for the entire season. Your assertion also assumes that the Bills have a greater propensity for losing greater value players than other teams.

The Bills aren't some magically snakebit team suffering more or "greater" injuries in any meaningful way than other teams. They're not at fault for the injuries either. Their training staff is not bumbling band of idiots who have no idea what they're doing. The stats also show that last season they were one of the more injured teams last season. I think they did pretty well given the injuries they had.

Not only that, going into the draft you have one decent WR that's A, injury prone, and B, currently nursing a serious foot injury. Absolutely nowhere did I read in our list of draft needs a WR.

Who in their right mind looked at the rest of the WR roster and decided that WR wasn't even a secondary much less a primary need? Who did that? It should have been at the top of the list.

The reason why it wasn't is because we have Roman, a second-rate OC that's stuck in the '90s with his offenses. He hasn't produced a top-10 offense yet as an OC.

On top of that, you know that the D isn't going to carry the team, largely because Ryan took a top-5 D and had it play below average, to start. You know that the performance of the team this season is going to come down to offense and largely dependent upon Taylor's development.

So you do everything you can to assist Taylor in achieving that, right? Right?

WRONG! Not our team. Not Whaley & Ryan. No, they decide that an injury-prone WR that can't be relied upon to stay healthy and then a cast that makes the Browns' WRs look like Jefferson, Joiner, & Winslow in Air Coryell in their heyday is adequate.

Naturally Clay's "going to have a bigger role." Yawn! Wake me when that happens.

People that are astute see clearly what's going on here. There is absolutely no vision or no master plan, every offseason it's shoot from the hip and react, not be proactive.

Manuel, Watkins, and now Shaq, the three players taken with Whaley's 1st-rounders are a bust, unreliable, and a complete unknown on top of possibly being unreliable. That alone should be enough to condemn Whaley. Especially this year's smarter-by-half approach to drafting Shaq. We knew better except we didn't. That should have a price. In Pegula world it won't.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll help you. Tyrod Taylor has given us the most reason to think we've found a QB in 16 years.

Who's Taylor going to throw to this year?

I'd love to see a breakdown by player how you think his passes in quantities will be distributed. ... when you have a moment. Shoot me a PM to let me know you've done that, I'm highly intrigued.

If Whaleys a goner so is Rex.

You don't keep the head coach around if hisGM gets the boot.... Unless your the Jets.

Anyone going to cry over that if we can't post a winning season?

Not only that, going into the draft you have one decent WR that's A, injury prone, and B, currently nursing a serious foot injury. Absolutely nowhere did I read in our list of draft needs a WR.

Who in their right mind looked at the rest of the WR roster and decided that WR wasn't even a secondary much less a primary need? Who did that? It should have been at the top of the list.

The reason why it wasn't is because we have Roman, a second-rate OC that's stuck in the '90s with his offenses. He hasn't produced a top-10 offense yet as an OC.

On top of that, you know that the D isn't going to carry the team, largely because Ryan took a top-5 D and had it play below average, to start. You know that the performance of the team this season is going to come down to offense and largely dependent upon Taylor's development.

So you do everything you can to assist Taylor in achieving that, right? Right?

WRONG! Not our team. Not Whaley & Ryan. No, they decide that an injury-prone WR that can't be relied upon to stay healthy and then a cast that makes the Browns' WRs look like Jefferson, Joiner, & Winslow in Air Coryell in their heyday is adequate.

Naturally Clay's "going to have a bigger role." Yawn! Wake me when that happens.

People that are astute see clearly what's going on here. There is absolutely no vision or no master plan, every offseason it's shoot from the hip and react, not be proactive.

Manuel, Watkins, and now Shaq, the three players taken with Whaley's 1st-rounders are a bust, unreliable, and a complete unknown on top of possibly being unreliable. That alone should be enough to condemn Whaley. Especially this year's smarter-by-half approach to drafting Shaq. We knew better except we didn't. That should have a price. In Pegula world it won't.

I agree. Its time to take a bath with the toaster. There really isn't another option. You gotta be the change you wish to see.

Who's Taylor going to throw to this year?

I'd love to see a breakdown by player how you think his passes in quantities will be distributed. ... when you have a moment. Shoot me a PM to let me know you've done that, I'm highly intrigued.

Anyone going to cry over that if we can't post a winning season?

What, are all our WRs, TEs, and RBs totally inept? None of them have caught a pass in the NFL? Have you predicted injury for every eligible receiver on the squad, too? Is there a possibility Taylor completes a pass to an eligible tackle at some point?

Who's Taylor going to throw to is a new high water question for you. Well done. Congrats.

GO BILLS!!!

What, are all our WRs, TEs, and RBs totally inept? None of them have caught a pass in the NFL? Have you predicted injury for every eligible receiver on the squad, too? Is there a possibility Taylor completes a pass to an eligible tackle at some point?

Who's Taylor going to throw to is a new high water question for you. Well done. Congrats.

GO BILLS!!!

Under/Over Tyrod Taylor Completions on the Season: +/- 1

I'm tempted to take the over.

I don't agree with trading up in drafts. The Watkins move, although dumb, didn't hurt us luckily. The Ragland move looks like it will. We gave up what amounts to a mid round 1 value for Ragland to move up like 4 spots and now he won't even play. The Shaq thing was a huge miss. It seems everyone in the league knew he needed surgery but us. Whaley defenders will say those things weren't a big deal but to people around the league these moves look pretty incompetent. If Pegula has someone like Polian chirping in his ear talking bad about these moves then I could see why they are hesitant to make a commitment to Whaley

IMO, the absolute number 1 priority and requirement of a GM is finding a quality Head Coach. As far as draft and personnel go, most of the league is in roughly the same boat; win some, lose some. Teams like the Pats have shown over and over that you don't have to hit on every draft pick, or never make a mistake in free agency, but have a great coaching staff in place and you'll consistently be in the race (Pats go 11-5 w/Cassel).

Whaley had that taken away from him. We have a pretty damn good roster; enough so that decisions now have to be made about who we can sign to fit under the cap and players we're letting go are starting for other teams. The roster is fine and getting better each year since Whaley took over (you know, ACTUALLY took over after Nix retired...not the delusional took over years earlier like people like to say). But his grade will always be incomplete as a GM because he didn't pick the head coach. That goes both ways; if Rex turns it around and becomes an outstanding head coach, Whaley doesn't get the credit.

Under/Over Tyrod Taylor Completions on the Season: +/- 1

I'm tempted to take the over.

I was tempted to take the under until I realized Taylor will have a pass tipped and catch it himself. I see him doing it at least twice with absolutely nobody else to throw to.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't agree with trading up in drafts. The Watkins move, although dumb, didn't hurt us luckily. The Ragland move looks like it will. We gave up what amounts to a mid round 1 value for Ragland to move up like 4 spots and now he won't even play. The Shaq thing was a huge miss. It seems everyone in the league knew he needed surgery but us. Whaley defenders will say those things weren't a big deal but to people around the league these moves look pretty incompetent. If Pegula has someone like Polian chirping in his ear talking bad about these moves then I could see why they are hesitant to make a commitment to Whaley

I agree with this 100%. You're not going to get much traction around here right now, but in February when Whaley is let go, these themes will start to be discussed around here without as much backlash or vitriol.

Whaley was all in on Rex. His own words confirm this. This has been posted as well.

:lol:

To be honest, I replied without even looking at who I was replying to.

Carry on!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Acantha