Hard Knocks - Rams

Heitz

Ive been living in LA for 25 years, now. I am of the opinion that the only reason Fisher is still HC is so that they would be eligible for Hard Knocks his year, to help solidify their new fan base. If Fisher doesn't turn it around this season ( which is highly unlikely), he is G O N E. I think he knows this, too. His "pep talks" sound utterly hollow. He doesn't believe his own pitch.

Goff is D U M B. Holy smokes! My six-year-old knows that the sun rises in the East, and sets in the West!

Their receiver situation is a disaster. There's a scene where Goff works late with Britt on a throw to the EZ, and they looked absolutely pedestrian. And, Britt is the best they've got!

BTW- Where was Keenum? They showed his face maybe twice, and mentioned him once. Not a lot of exposure for their supposed starter.

Man, Gurley looks good!

Not very impressed with the first episode. Very thin on content. It seemed like they didn't have much for the editors to work with-- lots of padding, slo-mo, montages, etc. Hopefully, they'll get a little deeper.

So stoked for week 5 vs Bills!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a look. Not sure why every team doesn't do this and stream on website. Would be a must watch for fans of all teams.

Ryan it was really fun to watch outside of the scorn I have we could've had Arians and we chose Maroon. Arians is a fantastic coach, and will in time get the respect of the NFL as one of the elite coaches.

As far as Hardknocks, I didn't watch the other night, but they were commenting on it yesterday on NFLR. Some thought Fisher was making some statements more for the cameras than the team. That guy is a joke. He's made the playoffs 6 out of 22 years as a head coach and has a relatively talented team. I'm sure Kronke wanted stability and experience in moving a franchise as Fisher did it from Houston to TN. If they suck again this year, he may get the ax.

The league is doing whatever it can to help the Rams succeed in LA. If they really wanted to succeed, they'd dump that egomaniac picture of mediocrity Jeff Fisher and get a real coach. I thought the show was boring. I hope they lose every single game, especially the week they play the Bills.

Gurley is fantastic. Aaron Donald is a freak.

What about Brandon Wiese lecturing Goff about being a QB? What did that guy ever do? (I think it was Wiese, I don't remember.....didn't he win the Heisman and go on to accomplish zero?)

The league is doing whatever it can to help the Rams succeed in LA. If they really wanted to succeed, they'd dump that egomaniac picture of mediocrity Jeff Fisher and get a real coach. I thought the show was boring. I hope they lose every single game, especially the week they play the Bills.

What about Brandon Wiese lecturing Goff about being a QB? What did that guy ever do? (I think it was Wiese, I don't remember.....didn't he win the Heisman and go on to accomplish zero?)

Chris Weinke ?

Ryan it was really fun to watch outside of the scorn I have we could've had Arians and we chose Maroon. Arians is a fantastic coach, and will in time get the respect of the NFL as one of the elite coaches.

As far as Hardknocks, I didn't watch the other night, but they were commenting on it yesterday on NFLR. Some thought Fisher was making some statements more for the cameras than the team. That guy is a joke. He's made the playoffs 6 out of 22 years as a head coach and has a relatively talented team. I'm sure Kronke wanted stability and experience in moving a franchise as Fisher did it from Houston to TN. If they suck again this year, he may get the ax.

Fisher sucks. Rolling around talking tough with his flip flops and tommy bahama shirt.

Have hated him since the music city "miracle". Agree on Arians. He's the man.

I hate conspiracies, so I hope we beat them cleanly when we travel to L.A.

I think both of these sentences are true. Ironically, that is why the kept Fisher this season. "The league is doing whatever it can to help the Rams succeed in LA"-- financially. I believe that Hard Knocks is a big part of that. LA is soaking up Hard Knocks, and if Fisher were gone, they would not be eligible. Fisher is GONE next season, barring some miracle.

I do wondered if Gurley got caught with a girl in his room would he get cut? Fisher is a fake tough guy and the most overrated coach in NFL history. He's Dick Jauron with better PR (great stache though).

And I agree with a bunch of people here. The Rams are super boring. That said, hard knocks could make a curling team exciting.

Anyone else watching episode 1? A few thoughts:

- Seems crazy the Rams are in L.A.

- Goff looks skinny and seems confused; Greeegg calls him out (Goff got better by the end, Greeeegg did not)

- Not a big fan Fisher, or his staff

- Kendrick and Schoolboy at practice, yes! Likely something not seen at SJF

- Gurley looks fast!

- Rams players should not mess with The Wedge, that wave is dangerous

- Can't believe they're actually going to play NFL football in the coliseum, that place is old as hell...

I could kinda care less about the Rams, but HK is such a fun show to get an inside look at the NFL...

Maybe we'll get our shot next year :beer:

Would be great to see the Bills on there. I can't image why any fan wouldn't want to see it.

I do wondered if Gurley got caught with a girl in his room would he get cut?

Guys like Gurley and Donald could get caught with Fisher's wife in their room and they wouldn't get cut. Now that would make a great episode.

Anyone else watching episode 1? A few thoughts:

- Seems crazy the Rams are in L.A.

- Goff looks skinny and seems confused; Greeegg calls him out (Goff got better by the end, Greeeegg did not)

- Not a big fan Fisher, or his staff

- Kendrick and Schoolboy at practice, yes! Likely something not seen at SJF

- Gurley looks fast!

- Rams players should not mess with The Wedge, that wave is dangerous

- Can't believe they're actually going to play NFL football in the coliseum, that place is old as hell...

I could kinda care less about the Rams, but HK is such a fun show to get an inside look at the NFL...

Maybe we'll get our shot next year :beer:

Loved the first episode, even cooler its in my backyard! In fact that beach house shot is down the way from me.

After watching All In on Amazon Prime about the full Cardinals season, Fisher seems a bit lame compared to Arians who is a powerhouse. I loved All In, especially since it was a fresh take since its the whole season, not just the preseason, so you get a different take. But I still love Hard Knocks and wish the Bills would do it soon.

The Coliseum is old, but its also pretty cool place to watch games and events. Lots of history there. I went to Forum last weekend to see George Lopez, DL Hugely, Cedrick the Entertainer, Charlie Murphy, etc in a comedy event...and while that place is old as dirt, its still cool to see concerts or events there. Although the seats SUCK if you are tall because the back of the seats are so close to you that you have to do the splits damn near to sit in them. My girl had 3 legs in front of her...her two to the left and mine on her right side lmao.

I do wondered if Gurley got caught with a girl in his room would he get cut? Fisher is a fake tough guy and the most overrated coach in NFL history. He's Dick Jauron with better PR (great stache though).

And I agree with a bunch of people here. The Rams are super boring. That said, hard knocks could make a curling team exciting.

I thought the exact same thing! Dude was dumb to bring a girl to his room, but was the sacrificial "teach a lesson / accountability" lamb.

Loved the beginning when he's fishing with his kid, who's the exact same dud! :D

Guys like Gurley and Donald could get caught with Fisher's wife in their room and they wouldn't get cut. Now that would make a great episode.

Yes it would! :beer:

Loved the first episode, even cooler its in my backyard! In fact that beach house shot is down the way from me.

Didn't realize so many TBD'ers live in OC - if I'm out there, while there's a game on, we'll have to meet up and have a beer or 5! Love that area, it's trying to temp me to leave Vermont's winters behind, for sure...

On the player getting cut thing, I'm starting to think this is common in NFL culture. If you watch All or Nothing, Bruce Arians cut a guy that was trying to make the team for parking in the wrong parking spot.

Gotta make an example of someone I guess, lest the fans call for "accountability" every 15 minutes...

Did watch last night's yet, but did see a clip on NFLN of one player talking about how he doesn't believe in the dinosaurs. They don't know where the sun rises and sets, they don't think the dinosaurs were real, this team is amazing!

I thought the exact same thing! Dude was dumb to bring a girl to his room, but was the sacrificial "teach a lesson / accountability" lamb.

Loved the beginning when he's fishing with his kid, who's the exact same dud! :D

Yes it would! :beer:

Didn't realize so many TBD'ers live in OC - if I'm out there, while there's a game on, we'll have to meet up and have a beer or 5! Love that area, it's trying to temp me to leave Vermont's winters behind, for sure...

I don't live in OC, I live at the beach near LAX just south of Venice and Marina Del Rey. But I would be down to make a meetup somewhere within the region during the season. I also am a straight shot from the new Rams stadium location thats being built...literally if you take the road its on all the way to the beach you would hit my house...so can't wait for them to move into their new home and I can Uber there in 10 minutes.

I was a Ram fan when I was young during the Ellard, Flipper, etc era's. So good to see them back in LA and excited to get behind them as my second team...and since they suck, no one can call me a band wagoner lmao.

I don't live in OC, I live at the beach near LAX just south of Venice and Marina Del Rey. But I would be down to make a meetup somewhere within the region during the season. I also am a straight shot from the new Rams stadium location thats being built...literally if you take the road its on all the way to the beach you would hit my house...so can't wait for them to move into their new home and I can Uber there in 10 minutes.

I was a Ram fan when I was young during the Ellard, Flipper, etc era's. So good to see them back in LA and excited to get behind them as my second team...and since they suck, no one can call me a band wagoner lmao.

Havent heard those names in a while....

My kid played Flipper Anderson's kid in the Pee Wee football thing