Optimism - or lack thereof

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This better?

"Ryan also admitted that not all of his players have bought in to what he's selling.

"I think it's safe to say that not all of them have," Ryan said. "I think that's safe to say that. But I think there's a number of them that have."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/12/rex_tk.html

lets get a bit more definitive.

Rex did admit he did not do a great job last year.

"Ryan is blaming the players"

"Ryan is blaming the players, but the Bills players still think (hope?) he's going to change the scheme."

this is where i get confused. The media was trying to stir the pot awful hard last season.

I still do not get the "excuse" part. Seems to me he manned up.

Yay. Another thread charred by merper's Rex crusade and whatever it is TG is doing.

ashes ashes we all fall down

We're somehow hurt already and we haven't even played a preseason game yet.

Optimism low. I do believe that if we could keep injuries to important starters on the low end of the league average we could make the playoffs with Rex/current roster. But we all know we don't have any wiggle room (**** the Patriots) and we have a bunch of glass players.

The Rex crusade won't stop until he proves a lot of people wrong.

Not really a crusade as much as saying that there are some fundamental flaws in his coaching style which makes it extremely difficult to win many games. Besides being stubborn about fitting his scheme to the players, the lack of attention to detail (calls coming in late), penalties and inability to match complexity with player ability are items which are tough to overcome no matter how good the roster is.

I think the D will be better than last year due to the upgraded roster. But I really worry about the O. Even if TT takes a step up, the FO hasnt done him any favors on the receiving end. Praying that Goodwin will remain healthy or that one of Salas/Little/Lewis will hopefully become a competent #3 is really poor planning. If Watkins or Woods get hurt, we are hosed on offense no matter how many good RBs you have,

We may have a slightly better record due to the upgraded D, but it will truly be surprising if we are good enough, as a team, to make the playoffs.

Rex NEVER said that players were not buying into his scheme. not once and not at all. You are contorting his words about how he failed and communication and not responding well. The man has owned up to his mistakes. and there were plenty !

He tried to play a coverage game against Brady as none gets to the QB in 1.6 seconds The players and the Coaches failed.

"Ryan also admitted that not all of his players have bought in to what he's selling.

"I think it's safe to say that not all of them have," Ryan said. "I think that's safe to say that. But I think there's a number of them that have."

I think that statement pretty much refutes what you posted.

As for Ryan manning up and admitting he didn't do a very good job last season, he was only stating the obvious.

All those broken promises from the start of last year have got to leave a bad taste for this year. Like others have said, Rex has a lot to prove this year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22828/playoff-promise-among-rex-ryan-statements-that-will-likely-prove-false

I think that statement pretty much refutes what you posted.

As for Ryan manning up and admitting he didn't do a very good job last season, he was only stating the obvious.

All those broken promises from the start of last year have got to leave a bad taste for this year. Like others have said, Rex has a lot to prove this year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22828/playoff-promise-among-rex-ryan-statements-that-will-likely-prove-false

I do agree Rex has to prove to the Fans. No question.

He certainly over hyped himself when he was hired. No question there either.

Duh Bills, I am used to it.

me too. looks like i'll be recording the games again this year and doing something else on Sunday outdoors. watch the replay if they win. delete if they lose. can't take it anymore after all these years. glad i have the NFL Ticket for free this year.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

me too. looks like i'll be recording the games again this year and doing something else on Sunday outdoors. watch the replay if they win. delete if they lose. can't take it anymore after all these years. glad i have the NFL Ticket for free this year.

Sounds like a terrible plan. Game winning td you know is or isn't coming ?

Sounds like a terrible plan. Game winning td you know is or isn't coming ?

I can't watch full games of live sport after the event even if I don't know the score. The joy of watching live sport is that in that moment anything can happen. Even if I don't know what is coming next knowing that whatever it is ha already happened takes the drama and the tension away for me.

Rex is primarily responsible for the defense no? It was bad considering where it was the year before.

Kudos to Rex for bringing in Roman and Tyrod, but he sucked as a coach last year. This isn't debatable.

Oh it most certainly is. Why did that bumbling fool sweep the almighty Jets and Fins ?

So many Todd Bowles and Fitz fanboys reside here. Rex beat him 2x.

The Rex bashers need to listen to Dareus' post-practice interview today. I found it interesting -- not because it exonerated Rex for last season (it didn't), but because it revealed a player's perspective on what type of coaches the Bills had before Rex and how it took time for the defensive players to understand and adapt to how Rex is different.

You may come away still bashing Rex, but I think at the very least judgment should be reserved until after we see what happens this season.

The Rex bashers need to listen to Dareus' post-practice interview today. I found it interesting -- not because it exonerated Rex for last season (it didn't), but because it revealed a player's perspective on what type of coaches the Bills had before Rex and how it took time for the defensive players to understand and adapt to how Rex is different.

You may come away still bashing Rex, but I think at the very least judgment should be reserved until after we see what happens this season.

My position all off-season has been that I do bash him for last year. I think he was responsible for holding the talent on the team (particularly the defense) back. However, once the Bills decided to keep Rex Ryan he got a chance to redeem himself with me. I will not criticise Rex Ryan this season purely because I thought he sucked last season. I will say when I think he gets things wrong and credit him when he gets them right.

Judgment on 2016 is reserved as it should be. Judgment on 2015 was not favourable.

LMAO

Again, it's posts just like that that make this place so amusing.

Your wait is over.

Thanks for providing nothing......again

This better?

The main one is playing for Miami