Hall of Fame Game Canceled

Chilly

@TomSilverstein

Multiple players told a source that the field was like concrete in various places. Many were concerned about it.

Both teams are sticking around and will come out and then the Hall of Famers will be introduced. Then halftime concert, according to Baker.

HoF’s David Baker: "We heard their concerns. Though t’s a difficult decision, fans came a long way, but it’s the only decision to be made."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't watched or won't watch any of the olympics. the only reason i realized it was on was because there was some tabloid about scandal for the gymnastics team.

You'd have to specify which team was involved in the scandal. Seems like every team has something going on? You talking about the girl from Cali that is representing Belarus? pretty much anything involving the Russian team? something else?

Yes, that Women's 100 butterfly Finals would have captured the attention of every NFL fan in America...

Do you think more people would watch a preseason game that happens every year and has about 2% of the starters playing (for less than maybe 2 series) or something that happens once every 4 years?

I would tune into the HOF game if it was on also but after about the first 10 minutes it would just be background noise.

Plus I think there are more America fans than NFL fans.

Edited by The Wiz

In defense of The Wiz.......there is a small but very vocal contingent of rabid long jump fans here on TSW........ :worthy:

I appreciate the support. Seriously though, it's a difference in 19.6 TV rating (going by London's ratings) for the Olympics vs a 6.9 rating for the HOF game and the possibility of losing a star player for however long. The NFL would prefer to have it happen in season. Bills Giants got a 5.2 and it wasn't even during the olympics.

Edited by The Wiz

You'd have to specify which team was involved in the scandal. Seems like every team has something going on? You talking about the girl from Cali that is representing Belarus? pretty much anything involving the Russian team? something else?

Do you think more people would watch a preseason game that happens every year and has about 2% of the starters playing (for less than maybe 2 series) or something that happens once every 4 years?

I would tune into the HOF game if it was on also but after about the first 10 minutes it would just be background noise.

Plus I think there are more America fans than NFL fans.

us gymnasts

Canceled because of paint.Anyone else confused?I mean they play on snow,ice and rain.I'm all for player safety but unless it's led paint lit on fire I don't get it.

Read the second article linked and look at the pics. Certain areas are nothing but rubber pellets.

I say unfair competitive advantage for GB/IND because they play one less pre season game than the rest of the league. These two teams get off injury free.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or you don't understand how preseason scheduling works.