Cargo shorts - yes or no

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

pop that collar. go get you some izod

He's probably wearing two polo shirts... Because two is better than one when Biff is trying to score w/Muffy in the back of a Bimmer.

Preppy love:

"If you see that roundel rocking, don't bother knocking!"

It is like we are reliving the 1980's!

Everything is cyclical. Everything goes back about 30 or so w/Madison Ave. You actually, see it shifting now a little to the 1990's... And you will be right on that wave JSP!

I am a few years older than you JSP and my soon to be college freshman son a bunch of months ago was digging up my old Ray Ban Wayfearers... Wayfearers that were fist popularized in the 1950s-60s... And resurrected in the 1980s....

...Watch, grunge... Kurt Cobain glasses will soon make a comeback... Flannel, etc... Why you are seeing the lash back at cargos is because ones are getting older and that 30 year fashion cycle is burning out.

Gonna be interesting to see what a 45 year old Millennial will come up with on Madison Ave in a few years!

Anyway... Very interesting discussion/fashion feud! :-)

Golf shorts or golf pants are all i wear. Cargo shorts i used to, still have a pair for working around the house in because they are good for holding extra materials.

Exactly! Everything has a place! That is where we are evolving too in fashion. Nothing is truly unique anymore. Style gets reworked, rehashed.

All about form function and what you engage in most. What your style was when young. We seen with our parents, our children see it with us.

I try and wear what is needed... Yesterday we went horseback riding near Starved Rock.. We all wore jeans... What's up with those stupid little "watch pockets" on jeans... They still see them in there.

;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

:lol:

pop that collar. go get you some izod

Izod...hmm..no where near as cool as the Whale :thumbsup:

This

http://www.vineyardvines.com/mens-pants/slim-breaker-pants/1P1236.html?dwvar_1P1236_color=630&cgid=Mens-Pants

with this

http://www.vineyardvines.com/tucker-shirt/crowell-gingham-classic-tucker-shirt/1W1707.html?dwvar_1W1707_color=477&cgid=Mens-Sport-Shirts

Now that is a well dressed, relaxed, confidant man!

Hate to burst your bubble, but the salmon pants/shorts are almost as vilified as cargo shorts. Google "white boys in salmon shorts". It's hilarious.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the salmon pants/shorts are almost as vilified as cargo shorts. Google "white boys in salmon shorts". It's hilarious.

for guys who wear cargo shorts and hipsters...that is correct...and thank god!!!! Would hate to think i would like clothes they wear.

So pictures on first 5 pages all are taken at Newbury Street, Brown. Georgetown, Columbia, Providence, Cornell...yep, all chit holes :lol:

Exactly. Salmon is out. You have to go with the Nantucket Red shorts.

I have shorts in just about every pastel and color, as well as several pair of colored pants...even have two pair of awesome seersucker shorts, one in blue, one in pink. Plain khaki or denim is about as boring as boring can get.

May have to wear the pink seersucker shorts for the opener tailgate!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by plenzmd1

for guys who wear cargo shorts and hipsters...that is correct...and thank god!!!! Would hate to think i would like clothes they wear.

So pictures on first 5 pages all are taken at Newbury Street, Brown. Georgetown, Columbia, Providence, Cornell...yep, all chit holes :lol:

I have shorts in just about every pastel and color, as well as several pair of colored pants...even have two pair of awesome seersucker shorts, one in blue, one in pink. Plain khaki or denim is about as boring as boring can get.

May have to wear the pink seersucker shorts for the opener tailgate!!! :thumbsup:

I'd sooner wear a three-piece suit to a tailgate than pink shorts.

I'd sooner wear a three-piece suit ANYWHERE than pink shorts.

Say hi to muffy and reginald for me. :lol:

I'd sooner wear a three-piece suit to a tailgate than pink shorts.

I'd sooner wear a three-piece suit ANYWHERE than pink shorts.

Say hi to muffy and reginald for me. :lol:

see..this post was meant to demean...just makes me feel all the better bout my stylistic leanings :lol::worthy::thumbsup:

Which begs the question, why is a grown man trying his best to pull off entitled, fratty, lax bro?

Are you one of those guys who uses a lot of sailing and nautical terms in their everyday speech but has never actually been on a boat? How many cardigans do you own?

The try-too-hard, Vineyard Vines clad, New England bro is the male answer to the basic white chick.

Yours is a unique case as you need a pocket on each thigh to hold your testicles so you can actually have a sit now and then. You're medically exempt from fashion critiques.

But Hammersticks has to sit in the "Papal Testicle Testing Chair" first:

post-1877-0-23139900-1470928050_thumb.jpg

...We all nominate you to be the official Richard tester. You bring a unique skill set when it comes to knowing d*cks. You sure know your Dick Jaurons!

:-P

Comfortable plus I can carry my wallet, keys, phone, pocket knife, lighter, smokes, zeppelin .... Yeah I'll keep wearing my cargo shorts which I have in black, dk gray, lt gray and khaki. Only women care about style.

Which is why those wacky few of us who intend to be in the company of women are paying attention. Because posting up at the nearest Hooters after the hot rod show just isn't the same.