Cargo shorts - yes or no

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why those wacky few of us who intend to be in the company of women are paying attention. Because posting up at the nearest Hooters after the hot rod show just isn't the same.

You know... perhaps if you had some charisma you could attract women regardless of what kind of shorts you wear. Just sayin'. :P

Edited by joesixpack

You know... perhaps if you had some charisma you could attract women regardless of what kind of shorts you wear. Just sayin'. :P

Self-transformation could take years, cost thousands in self-help books and therapy, and its hardly guaranteed to work. On the flipside, I can buy a pair robins egg blue shorts online in 5 minutes for $50.

Hmmmm...stop being such an insufferable prick or buy new pastel shorts? Wow, that's a tough one....idiot.

Self-transformation could take years, cost thousands in self-help books and therapy, and its hardly guaranteed to work. On the flipside, I can buy a pair robins egg blue shorts online in 5 minutes for $50.

Hmmmm...stop being such an insufferable prick or buy new pastel shorts? Wow, that's a tough one....idiot.

Well, now we've gotten down to the meat of the matter haven't we? Only an insufferable prick would wear robins-egg shorts.

SEE! PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!

:lol:

Well, now we've gotten down to the meat of the matter haven't we? Only an insufferable prick would wear robins-egg shorts.

SEE! PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!

:lol:

Insufferable LAZY prick w/$50 bucks on his (hopefully) debit card... You know he ordered them online...;-)

LoL...

Why would any modern chick say no! :-/

Yes, but w/lots of pockets. Bermuda shorts were invented by the British military and cargo shorts (also knee lenghth) evolved from them.

your telling me the British used to wear plaid bermudas in the big war? I wasn't born yesterday.

Which begs the question, why is a grown man trying his best to pull off entitled, fratty, lax bro?

Are you one of those guys who uses a lot of sailing and nautical terms in their everyday speech but has never actually been on a boat? How many cardigans do you own?

The try-too-hard, Vineyard Vines clad, New England bro is the male answer to the basic white chick.

so the bigotry and stereotyping comes out eh??? Just cause i wear cardigans you think me entitled :nana:

And yes, I i am entitled...entitled to wear nice clothes !

In terms of nautical terms...no i do not use them, but my son is at a month long sailing camp as we speak :thumbsup:

However, i did by my first pair of TopSiders in 79, and used to take chit for them from most of my class even back then...Only wear them now when i go home and to show to those very same guys fetching my fries. And yep, i dressed preppy even in 1979 in good ole Niagara Falls!! :D

so the bigotry and stereotyping comes out eh??? Just cause i wear cardigans you think me entitled :nana:

And yes, I i am entitled...entitled to wear nice clothes !

In terms of nautical terms...no i do not use them, but my son is at a month long sailing camp as we speak :thumbsup:

However, i did by my first pair of TopSiders in 79, and used to take chit for them from most of my class even back then...Only wear them now when i go home and to show to those very same guys fetching my fries. And yep, i dressed preppy even in 1979 in good ole Niagara Falls!! :D

CARGOS FOREVER!]

Down w/Dandyism!

Dandyism

"A dandy[1] (also known as a beau or gallant[2]) is a man who places particular importance upon physical appearance, refined language, and leisurely hobbies, pursued with the appearance of nonchalance in a cult of self.[3]A dandy was self-made and often strove to imitate an aristocratic lifestyle despite coming from a middle-class background, especially in late 18th- and early 19th-century Britain."